• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

Hello Sainath :)

Lot's of opinions here to help you, but some I disagree with through God's word :t2:.

For me and many others, being save or salvation doesn't begin until the act of baptism is accomplished. There are those who say you are saved or experience the beginning of salvation the moment you believe in Christ as your Savior. NOT TRUE. believing LEADS to your act of baptism, and in your baptism you receive forgiveness of your sins and the GIFT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. See acts 2:38.

Romans 8:1 Says, "There is therefor no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus."

How do we get into Christ Jesus??

Romans 6:3 tells us, Do you not know that all of us who have been Baptized "INTO Christ Jesus" - We are baptized INTO Christ. 

Romans 8:9 says, : if you have not the Spirit of Christ you are none of His", and the HOLY SPIRIT is received at baptism, Acts 2:38

There is a false teaching within the church body that as soon as you believe your saved, and that baptism is nothing more than an outward sign of an inward grace - That is just babble and makes no sense. It's another one of mans lies created by satan to put those who would believe the truth on the wrong path followed by more lies.

Your baptism is the beginning of your Journey as a believer on a solid foundation and as stated in Acts 2:38 says, "Repent, and let each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the FORGIVENESS OF YOUR SINS, and you shall receive the GIFT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.

In no other salvation situation are you allowed to repent at your beginning stage of believing, and in no other circumstances when you believed for the first time are you offered forgiveness of all your sins as you enter in to this relationship with Christ, and in no other time are we allowed to receive the Gift of the HOLY SPIRIT at the time of being saved. NO WHERE ELSE. So baptism as where an ADULT who is fully aware of what he is doing and responsible for his or her choices, not as an infant, is the ONLY WAY to start the PROCESS of salvation.

That's what I said - PROCESS. Not an EVENT that gives you "INSTANT OWNERSHIP" of eternal life as many teach, which violate all of Pauls teachings about a "RACE" and "Endurance," as Paul taught and exhibited in his own life.

Now it is an event, but an event that begins our journey , as Pauls did, and and the receiving of the GIFT OF ETERNAL LIFE at THE END OF OUR LIVES.

The receiving of the GIFT of the HOLY SPIRIRT is when we receive the ARRABON, Greek, meaning the DOWN PAYMENT of our salvation, also known as a DEPOSIT, or LIMITED GUARANTEE, or a PLEDGE, or an EARNEST AGREEMENT that God has instituded on our behalf, because  SALVATION IS CONDITIONAL  in our daily walk until the end when Christ returns to take us home.

It's like buying a house is conditional. You put down an earnest money with a written agreement to fulfill the purchase. Once the house closes and you receive the keys it's your, as long as you continually meet the requirements of the contract sale agreements, like keeping up the insurance and making the payments, it's yours. You get to keep the house, BUT...if you fail to meet the conditions you loose the house.

Same here with our process of salvation. We are guaranteed, with conditions, that we will receive our FULL GUARANTEE of salvation AT THE END OF LIFE, because as Paul said, HE KEPT THE FAITH and stayed true to God until the end. Salvation is CONDITIONAL, not on our performance as a legalist, DOING what I'm supposed to, but DOING what I do because I have learned to LOVE AND APPRECIATE GOD and His word, and as the scriptures say, TO HONOR GOD IN ALL I SAY AND DO FROM THE HEART.

Finally, there is no beginning of salvation by inviting Jesus into your heart - No where in scripture except the twisedt verse in Revelation3:20 , "Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if any one hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him". This is taken totally out of context.

This is Jesus ADMONISHING the church of Laodicea, a house full of CHRISTIANS WHO DON"T NEED TO BE CALLED TO CHRIST , but do need to be called to REPENT for being neither COLD OR HOT for Christ, and that they should repent so that Jesus could once again COME IN TO THEM and be a part of a church on fire for Christ.

Also there is no just believing in Christ and your saved.

Well, you get the idea. To me and what I read and study, there is only one way to the beginning of salvation, and if you believe anything other than Acts 2:38 as the beginning point, then to me, then HUSTON - YOU HAVE A PROBLEM !!

In all the love I could possibly have for all of you,

I pray this speaks to your heart from me in LOVE - Dave

Edited by Seasoned by Grace
  • This is Worthy 1

• 10 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 8/21/2019 at 10:33 AM, Sainath said:

Can I postpone the water baptism ceremony of mine until I read the whole New Testament once and attain the spiritual maturity before being Baptized? 

The idea of baptism is to fit yourself of spiritual purpose and start again. Baptism always comes first before spiritual growth. I have read the new testament before and after being baptised.