IGNORED

In Memory of Saint Thomas

Guest Evgen

Q: Preacher, why do people call an unbelieving man Thomas?

A: Good question. I think they do so ignoring the Warnings given in                           Matthew 12:36-37, Romans 2:1, etc.

In John 20:27-29 Lord Jesus admonished Apostle Thomas (and through him many, you & me inclusive) to have more Faith. That’s it. Can we leave Brother Thomas alone? Oh no, not so fast, these following words of Disciple Thomas (whether ever or never read in the Scriptures by the speakers) became the ground for many unwise remarks spoken by generations of Believers and unbelievers:

Except I shall see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into His side, I will not believe. (John 20:25)

Brother Thomas was by far not the only one who doubts. Read Mark 16:11 & John 20:20 and watch the reality here & now – but only his honest words to that effect were recorded.

Even one of my Spirit Teachers – Brother Kenneth Hagin – in his very good book, The Real Faith, quoted the above John 20:25 blaming what he called “Thomas' Faith,” yet accepting the fact that exactly that kind of Faith most of us Christians do possess.

Go on, let’s have a look at John 20:19-21:

...when the doors were shut where the Disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you. And when He had so said, He shewed unto them His hands and his side. Then were the Disciples glad, when they saw the Lord. Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you...

Call me slow, but could anybody tell me why after three years of every day communicating, Lord Jesus had to show His Friends His wounds for any other reason than their unbelief up to a dread? Or maybe it’s normal for us to produce first the ID when visiting our close friends?

The real reason why Brother Thomas was thus set up is in John 20:24:

But Thomas, one of the Twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came.

I don't doubt the Words of our Lord admonishing His Disciple Thomas in John 20:29.

I believe that Correction stays pertinent for most of us, not that man only. For Saint Thomas was as much “unbeliever” as Saint Peter a “traitor” (our chapter 88).

Whats amazing, these other words of Brother Thomas are much less known and therefore, not popular at all:

...Let us also go, that we may die with Him. (John 11:16)

Now, according to our Christian belief, Thomas the Disciple & Apostle of Christ became His Holy Martyr.

As for myself, I believed only when I had seen & heard (by TV) the Proof, even the Testimonies of people healed during Healing Prayer Services of Brethren Morris Cerullo, Benny Hinn, and Kenneth Copeland.

I remember what Brother Benny Hinn once said: This is not the work of a man but the Holy Spirit. Then I believed. Just like Saint Thomas.

(“Q & A – Christian Communion in Questions & Answers,” chapter 133)

Edited by Evgen
formatting

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  1

I am truly sorry, but I don't understand the meaning and purpose of this post? :noidea:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

2 minutes ago, Melissa7 said:

I am truly sorry, but I don't understand the meaning and purpose of this post? :noidea:

It's a tactic of self proclamation or endorsement also known as = SPAM. :whoop-dee-doo:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, maryjayne said:

Do you have a link to this book "Christian Communion in Questions & Answers,”

you keep quoting from it in many threads, who wrote it?

Please go as far as my profile. :)

5 hours ago, Melissa7 said:

You can hear it every time whosoever connects the name Thomas with unbelief. E.g. Christian movies "Do you believe?" (Doctor) or "The Stranger" TV series, Episode 5 "Thomas."

Thanks for reading.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

6 hours ago, maryjayne said:

Do you have a link to this book "Christian Communion in Questions & Answers,”

you keep quoting from it in many threads, who wrote it?

He wrote it and keeps promoting it on this site through his postings. I personally do not recommend it.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

John 20: 24-29 

All Christians experience doubt. Doubting born again Christians have  two things Thomas did not have. The indwelling of the Holy Spirit and the written New Testament. By the power of those two we can overcome doubt. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

23 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

He wrote it and keeps promoting it on this site through his postings. I personally do not recommend it.

Do not recommend what, the book or promoting or both?

Thanks.