Dennis1209

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  5

If I am God, I can do anything . I am going to be around for a long, long time.If I have a choice between creating a universe that is going to put a judgemental scowl on my face ,bitter about everything because I am “ The Mean , Old Man in the Sky”and creating a universe that gives me laughter and joy, I would choose the latter. If it were in my power- and of course it is—- why be miserable ?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, unworthyservant said:

Indeed we can reason and I didn't necessarily think you meant to endow God with a trait, I simply mention it as something that bothers me when folks do. The Bible says he is Holy, Righteous, and is LOVE. That's enough for me.

At my age and having some pretty serious trials to deal with several times in the past like many others, sometimes it seemed,  laughter was all there was left to get me through those times of difficulties that blinded me to the world around myself, even as a Christian and knowing God was there.

I think maybe for some people that haven't really known intense long lasting trials, it's easy to trivialize things like friends, and laughter that help heal us and say things that marginalize those God given blessings that in their way helped bring my sanity back. It's easy to say all I need is God, and sound so pious, and speak the Christianeze language until in the darkness of pain so unbearable, you find God and His spirit in the people He surrounds you with that love you, and the periodic enjoyment of friends and laughter that slowly bring you back to wholeness out of the depths of despair, to a place once again with God that seemed all but lost, and you give God all the glory because once again you can.

Edited by Seasoned by Grace
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

8 minutes ago, Seasoned by Grace said:

At my age and having some pretty serious trials to deal with several times in the past, sometimes it seemed,  laughter was all there was left to get me through those times of difficulties that blinded me to the world around myself, even as a Christian and knowing God was there.

Amen. That's probably the very reason God gave us a sense of humor. The old saying is that you can never know a mans trials or tribulations until you have walked a mile in his shoes. But despite the circumstances, sometimes a little humor is all that's needed to lift the spirits and I feel like everything that lifts our spirit is probably of God. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, unworthyservant said:

I really tend to shy away from statements that tend to attempt to define any of the attributes of God other than those that are given in the scripture. While I believe it is possible that God has some sort of sense of humor (he made me didn't he?) I just don't believe that I'm qualified to endow God with a human trait. When God defined Himself to Moses he said "I am that I am". To me that indicates that we can't even comprehend God with our feeble intellect. Don't mean to throw a wet blanket on a discussion on humor but it's just something I think about.

We as humans have a tendency to view everything in a earthly perspective. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,899
  • Content Per Day:  3.09
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, Seasoned by Grace said:

When you get old, you lose your hair, your teeth, your looks, .

Put your teeth in a safety box, you wont lose it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.80
  • Days Won:  21

6 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

I don't wanna say  :D

*whispers HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Dennis and runs away*

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

I try not to take myself too seriously as
     no one else does anyway

I'm trying to laugh at myself more as
     everyone else does anyway.......................
.default_cool2.gif.e15690caa36dc0dbc1d5afa9b8401858.gif

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  5

God created all the animals ....Adam named them.....if he was not trying to get a laugh out of God when he said “ Aardvark”, something is amiss ......lol....

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  341
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

On 8/22/2019 at 2:02 AM, Dennis1209 said:

Genesis 1:27 (KJV) So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

I suspect part of being created in the image of God is our emotional side [joy, love, hate, anger, pain, laughter, peace, happiness, etc.]. I'm constantly reminded by my wife that I have a dry sense of humor. Is humor a tangible emotion given to us, does our Lord have a sense of humor? I could be wrong but, I recall nowhere in scripture where Jesus laughed or joked, it was all serious business of the Gospel and Kingdom.

Several places in the Bible we know that the Lord laughs:

Psalm 2:4 (KJV) He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.

But what about a 'sense of humor'? Remember when the Philistines stole the ark of the Lord and what happened to them and the images they made?

1 Samuel 6:11 (KJV) And they laid the ark of the LORD upon the cart, and the coffer with the mice of gold and the images of their emerods. 1 Samuel 6:17 (KJV) And these are the golden emerods which the Philistines returned for a trespass offering unto the LORD; for Ashdod one, for Gaza one, for Askelon one, for Gath one, for Ekron one;

When you realize 'emerods' are hemorrhoids and how the Lord humbled the Philistines and made them to make images of them; is that a sense of humor? 

Jesus walked on water, which i think is probably the funniest thing anyone has ever done in history, or what about turning five loaves of bread and 2 fish into a feast for 5000

Edited by nobleseed

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,394
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

1 hour ago, nobleseed said:

Jesus walked on water, which i think is probably the funniest thing anyone has ever done in history, or what about turning five loaves of bread and 2 fish into a feast for 5000

Yeah, I can just imagine the disciples in that boat being tossed around like a cork thinking they were going to drown, laughing their tails off seeing Jesus approaching walking on the water. Or the David Copperfield / Criss Angel of the first century performing illusions and magic tricks of deception pulling out fish and loaves of bread out of the baskets instead of rabbits. I'm being sarcastic. No, I don't think it was funny at all myself.