createdequal

• Group:  Catholic
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  591
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  0

I am just wondering the % of people who think/feel/know they were abused as children?

Abuse is a subjective term a lot of the time. But I speak of objective abuse: being slapped hard, being denied necessary food/water as punishment, etc.

I ask because whatever happens to us in childhood affects who we are at our core.. and affects us the rest of our lives.. shapes our destiny in so many ways

• Thumbs Up 2

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  130
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

On 8/21/2019 at 4:04 PM, createdequal said:

I am just wondering the % of people who think/feel/know they were abused as children?

Abuse is a subjective term a lot of the time. But I speak of objective abuse: being slapped hard, being denied necessary food/water as punishment, etc.

I ask because whatever happens to us in childhood affects who we are at our core.. and affects us the rest of our lives.. shapes our destiny in so many ways

I remember definite physical and emotional abuse from my Dad. He delighted in putting me down and humiliating me, especially in front of others. However,my heart breaks for Him because he died without knowing Jesus.

• Praying! 1

1 hour ago, JoniSteele said:

I remember definite physical and emotional abuse from my Dad. He delighted in putting me down and humiliating me, especially in front of others. However,my heart breaks for Him because he died without knowing Jesus.

that is very sad

Actually, we do not know who dies without knowing JEsus because at the very last minute he could have turned to Jesus. Death has a way of forcing people to think of Jesus. I think all instinctively know that He  is our Judge, whether one tangibly follows Him or not.

I know what you feel when you say you were the victim of being put down.. I assume you mean: constantly? One of my parents did that, but there was no physical abuse

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  130
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

8 minutes ago, createdequal said:

that is very sad

Actually, we do not know who dies without knowing JEsus because at the very last minute he could have turned to Jesus. Death has a way of forcing people to think of Jesus. I think all instinctively know that He  is our Judge, whether one tangibly follows Him or not.

I know what you feel when you say you were the victim of being put down.. I assume you mean: constantly? One of my parents did that, but there was no physical abuse

I hope my Dad died knowing Jesus.

• Praying! 1

4 minutes ago, JoniSteele said:

I hope so also. One of the most painful things in our lives is the thought that a loved one won't be in Heaven. And yet we have to trust that God is just.. and not let it get us down. I have been there, can't say I have totally stopped thinking about.. certain people I know who have died but still, it is good to put such things out of our minds because we are powerless re such things.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

On 8/21/2019 at 1:04 PM, createdequal said:

Raising a hand here, both my sister and I were abused. That can be freely admitted here and now. My father had been strict and loving, but when alcohol entered into the family portrait, everything spun out of control. My mother got the worst end of the physical aspect, my sister and I had more than our fair share. My dad once drunk, became a monster after his nightly 12 pack of Olympia beer. Thank God, he left home three years later and the abuse stopped. The after effects of post traumatic stress disorder remains t0 this day. Other unrelated events occurred that added to it. That's another topic that I'll opt out at this point. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praying! 2

38 minutes ago, JoniSteele said:

That's one thing I can be thankful to God for. My father passed from this world with Jesus in his heart. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

I was not abused as a child. I felt loved by my parents. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Raising a hand here, both my sister and I were abused. That can be freely admitted here and now. My father had been strict and loving, but when alcohol entered into the family portrait, everything spun out of control. My mother got the worst end of the physical aspect, my sister and I had more than our fair share. My dad once drunk, became a monster after his nightly 12 pack of Olympia beer. Thank God, he left home three years later and the abuse stopped. The after effects of post traumatic stress disorder remains t0 this day. Other unrelated events occurred that added to it. That's another topic that I'll opt out at this point. 

I am so very sorry for the pain you endured. My mother was an alcoholic but she was not abusive. She was a very sweet lady and loved by many. Although she was very sick. She died from the alcoholism. 

4 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I am so very sorry for the pain you endured. My mother was an alcoholic but she was not abusive. She was a very sweet lady and loved by many. Although she was very sick. She died from the alcoholism. 

Thanks, Miss. I appreciate your compassion. My father also passed away prematurely from alcohol abuse.