• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,730
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  221
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Well I am sorry you feel attacked but you have just made a huge assumption about others here .. was I abused ? YES I ran away from home at the age of 16 because of that abuse. I married a man 15years older than me and was beaten to within an inch of my life after 10 years of being controlled and hit … I survived only because he fell asleep whilst drunk and I managed to get the attention of a neighbour So please keep your anger to yourself . I chose to forgive as I accepted Christs forgiveness of my sins and I pray that one day you too will know the peace that true  forgiveness brings :th_praying:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

I certainly do not lack sympathy for anyone but I do object to being shouted at and accused of not understanding how someone feels after being abused.. we all deal with it in our own ways and should not be yelling at others who chose or area able to follow a different path :th_praying:

5 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

I can't find an Eli here.

(Elijah)

Members

32 posts

Interests:I'm not drunk.

Posted Friday at 03:48 AM

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 12:17 AM, -Pv- said:

Hi Elijah,

11 years is a very long time to be homeless and I expect you suffered greatly during this time.  When you are able, post your story here so as many people as possible can understand and learn from your experience.

-Pv-

Well, I served from 2002 until early 2008 when I was injured, lost a leg, traumatic brain injury. Home. Went through rehab and Jesus retaught to walk. Prosthetic. Learned to speak. Learned to write by copyng Bible verses. I love Jesus. My wife didn't visit me. She had fallen for another. I was released home and house was empty. Bills not paid. Mortgage in... forclosure. Me, not much money. Small disability payments. Not able to work at that time.

New owners bought tthe house. Gov wouldn't help me. My wife [I still love her] and boyfriend had wrote checks in my name. Disabiliy payments stopped. I was arrested. Fined lots of money. No family. No friends. Everyone turned their back on me. New owners move in. I move out with what I'd brought home. Clothes and Bible. All I had was torn uniforms. I went to a church and they wouldn't help me. I slur my words. They thought I was drunk. They toldl me to get clean and come back. I found a place in Seattle where an overpass. Climb up, over a 4 foot baracade, a little sheltered area, overpass above. I lived there. Went every day to a soup kitchen. Sometimes they gave me clothes or gloves. A bagged lunch to take home too. 9 others lived in thre with me over the years. I would read the Bible to them. We invinted worship songs. I love those people. I love Jesus. Lived outside from 2008 October to Aug 20th 202019. In the sunny days I'd sit on the street and watch people and pray for them. I love Jesus. It was a good life. Not a bad life. Lots of friends. Lots of Jesus every where. 

Then on aug 19 I was sitting on the street watching andn praying. Some teenagers started making fun of me [I love them]. They tried to take my legs off. Prosthetics. They punched and kicked me. They took took my Bible. They tore it up, burned pages. Kicked me while tehy read sentences of it to me but added swear words. Kicked me one time for everry word. Then they lit on fire the rest of it and left it burningg in front of me. I love them. Lord, save them boys. They don't know. Lord they don't know. So I didn't go back to my shelter that nnight I was injured. I sat there. I talked with Jesus. I cried. 

When early morning a man I saw a shadow standing over me. I colnd see my eyes were swollen. I said, "Jesus? Home? Take me." Then Noah **** and Keiran **** sat down next to me. Nowha said "What happened to you?" I said "Boys burnt my Bible. He said "Have you been drinking? I said no my brain is hurt. He asked how it got hurt. I said Afghanistan. Rough over there. Keiran said Where do you live? I told him. They said Ishouldn't be out there and they said I can livewith them. 

they helped me up and my prosthetic leg was cracked and I couldn't walk. They helped me up into there truck and we went home. They gave me a new Bible and a clean room and bed and clothes. Now I work in their greenhouse and I harvest vegetables. I clean vegetbles. I write Bible verses on long twist ties and put them round bundles of vegetables. I have clean clothes. they repared my old leg and I got a new leg today. I have good food here. I have a room mate Keiran. He loves Jesus. I met him on the street once when he was homless too. He loves Jesus. With the money I make in the greenhouse job I buy mens and womens shoes and give them every month to people in our street who need shoes. Theres not much homeless people in our area but still lots in Seattle. Please help them. I love them. Jesus loves them. Dont forget them. They need socks. Ok. Amen.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sorry but if you chose to read that into my post then that is your choice not what I said at all . I am sorry you feel so angry but it was pretty obvious from the title that this thread may be a trigger  to some people 

• Thumbs Up 2

That is your opinion   :th_praying:

• Thumbs Up 1

:emot-hug:

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

It is important that you break the chain of an abusive behavior and do not carry it to your own spouses or children. 

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,563
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

2 hours ago, maryjayne said:

Good for them.

There are also the walking wounded, coping as best they can while waiting and praying for complete or partial healing.

I wonder if you take this line with all who are sick?

What line is that? That there is hope certain in Christ Jesus regardless of the severity of trauma endured whether it be sickness of the body, mind, or spirit? Yes! I have learned that it is so.  Took some doing on God's part for me to get it.

I will not try to one up anyone on the issues I too may have endured. It just doesn't much matter. As long as I held onto the issues I  walk on nails and hot coals. As I learned to  just let it all go, forgive, I was at peace.

My heroes are indeed the people of churches as example that forgive their attackers even those that have wounded them and killed some of them. My heroes are the Joni's that find God's will and grace in even having a neck broken. My heroes love God even as their body screams out in horrendous pain.  

God started me in his word at Job for a reason.  "Shall we indeed accept good from God, and shall we not accept adversity ( evil)?”

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

To all of you having the courage to share your story, and being willing to bear the pain to do it, even though some here are willing to criticize and condemn, I am forever grateful to you for those who are still suffering privately, but may read some of your stories and find some level of comfort on their road to healing and recovery.

In my book you are all hero's for stepping up here, and I praise God for you and your strength for the sake of others :thumbsup:.

May God bless all of us as we continue to heal - Dave

Edited by Seasoned by Grace
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  0

11 minutes ago, Seasoned by Grace said:

To all of you having the courage to share your story, and being willing to bear the pain to do it, even though some here are willing to criticize and condemn,

I’ve never seen anyone here criticize and condemn on this subject. It’s one thing to be looking for healing, it’s something else to be looking for a fight with those who did not hurt you. 

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1