Visits to Heaven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

I know of a lady I used to work with. She had stomach cancer. She was not that old. She was an atheist. We was at the end of her life when her caregiver said she sat straight up in bed and said "they are coming to get us". She died a couple days later. 

Actually, here's two points. How do we explain when sick children say they have seen Jesus? Secondly, when people after NDEs completely change their previous atheist views and dedicate their remaining lives to spreading the good news of Jesus Christ?  If the  experience is so real and transformative, surely it cannot be a dream, a delusion, lack of oxygen etc nor likely to be a work of the devil? 

16 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I know of a lady I used to work with. She had stomach cancer. She was not that old. She was an atheist. We was at the end of her life when her caregiver said she sat straight up in bed and said "they are coming to get us". She died a couple days later. 

That sounds like it was not good. I've read of atheists who had NDEs and said it was demons coming to get them. They then cried out to Christ who rescued them and told them to come back here to warn others that there is hell as well as heaven. 

9 minutes ago, Melinda12 said:

Actually, here's two points. How do we explain when sick children say they have seen Jesus? Secondly, when people after NDEs completely change their previous atheist views and dedicate their remaining lives to spreading the good news of Jesus Christ?  If the  experience is so real and transformative, surely it cannot be a dream, a delusion, lack of oxygen etc nor likely to be a work of the devil? 

I am not saying that it is impossible. I am saying we need to be extremely careful how we validate the experience.

There have been some very interesting experiences of children who are terminal and they know they are going to die. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0

7 minutes ago, Melinda12 said:

How do we explain when sick children say they have seen Jesus?

I guess I'm somewhat qualified to address that part of your question because as a sick child who did see Jesus once while recuperating from a surgery when I was very young. I don't believe that Christ has actually physically appeared to anyone (myself included) since His ascension and won't until He comes again. I believe that I had a picture so ingrained into my head that when I was sick and weak, I saw a physical transformation of that picture. I actually believed for years that I had actually seen Jesus in the flesh. It's kinda ironic but how would one even recognize Jesus by seeing Him as the image we all know as Jesus is actually believed to be the illegitimate son of a Renaissance pope. 

What i want is to see if the Bible helps us understand how people could clinically die, meet Christ and come back to tell about it. Why would God allow this to happen? If it does. 

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

Are all testimonies of people who claim to have had near death experiences and come back to life actually false? There are quite a few books that i have read. 

I do not know if they may be truth or imagined. What should we as serious Bible believing christians do? Is there guidance for us in the Bible on this matter? 

Actually this goes for those who claim to have seen hell too and returned to tell the tale. 

I do not place my trust in anyone giving such an account.. We are not under any compulsion to accept anything that is beyond what is revealed in the Word of God..

Sometimes these stories can be entertaining to listen to, But in the end the Bible is the best source of such information that Can be trusted..  It is too easy for people to make up such accounts, or have been through experiences that have caused them to have a delusion leading them to believe they went there and back during their near death experience..

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

18 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

I've not read that many of these stories, because a good deal of them seem a little on the 'cultish' (occult) side in the way they are described. Maybe that's too skeptical, it's not intentional. It would be understandable for some to have such an experience for the purpose of salvation. And there were numerous individuals throughout scriptures, that have had visions and dreams for specific reasons. The Apostle Paul does have this to say on a particular vision. 

2 Corinthians 12:1-3
Paul's Revelation
1I must go on boasting. Although there is nothing to gain, I will go on to visions and revelations from the Lord. 2I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of it I do not know, but God knows. 3And I know that this man—whether in the body or out of it I do not know, but God knows—…

Yes. That is correct. In the Tanach certain people were introduced to The Council in a similar manner. Not many but a few. Like Saul, Daniel and John, they had a heavenly "stamp of approval" on their ministry it seems. But as far as in our day, I am not so sure. There is scriptural precedent for this kind of thing, but only infrequent.

12 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

What i want is to see if the Bible helps us understand how people could clinically die, meet Christ and come back to tell about it. Why would God allow this to happen? If it does. 

Question: "What does the Bible say about near death experiences?"

Answer: 
A near-death experience (NDE) is when a person is at the brink of death and, upon recovery, reports an unusual occurrence, generally an out-of-body experience or some sort of vision of heaven or hell. There is no specific scriptural support for near-death experiences. Many people use 2 Corinthians 12:2-5 as a biblical proof text of near-death experiences. However, this is taking great liberty with interpretation and makes the assumption that the man (presumed to be Paul) was either near death or actually dead when he found himself in heaven. The passage nowhere states that the man had died or come close to death. It was a vision that God gave the man of heaven, not a near-death experience.

That being said, it is not impossible for God to give someone near death, or anyone for that matter, a vision of heaven. However, with the completion of the biblical canon, visions are not a normative experience for Christians.

We need to be extremely careful in how we validate our experiences. The most important test of any experience is comparing it with the Bible. Satan is always ready to cause deception and twist people's thinking. "But I am not surprised! Even Satan can disguise himself as an angel of light. So, it is no wonder his servants can also do it by pretending to be godly ministers. In the end, they will get every bit of punishment their wicked deeds deserve" (2 Corinthians 11:14-15). 

Because the Bible is silent regarding near-death experiences, and scientific research has not been able to be performed reliably, we simply cannot accept the legitimacy of near-death experiences on their face value. It would be too strong to state that all near-death experiences are faked, imagined, or Satanic, but there are still serious concerns, biblically, about the validity of near-death experiences. Again, any description of a near-death experience should be validated against the truth of Scripture. If such an experience comes from God, it will line up with what He has already revealed in His Word and ultimately bring Him glory in the name of Jesus Christ.

https://www.gotquestions.org/near-death-experiences.html

Edited by missmuffet
  • Thumbs Up 1