Having faith in difficult times

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

My husband I'm not really sure is a believer, if he is he lacks faith and questions who and why God does the things he does, he is very angry with God forĀ 

a lot of different things. He has had a lot of health issues over the last 25 years. Most recent he was diagnosed with colon cancer but it doesn't stop there, he developed something now with his nerves and he's been dealing with a lot of nausea. He is becoming so depressed and angry and just says he's tired of being here. I am very supportive, I love him and I do trust God but I do find myself in constant worry, fear I don't know if it's because they can't figure out some of the things wrong with him and I worry about his state of mind as we keep going to doctor and doctor and the frustration or if it's me lacking trust. It is so hard to remain strong and supportive and encouraging when he is none of that. How do I keep strong and remain positive when he is so negative and filled with anger and puts my belief in God down all the time?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 10

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

33 minutes ago, worriedwife69 said:

My husband I'm not really sure is a believer, if he is he lacks faith and questions who and why God does the things he does, he is very angry with God forĀ 

a lot of different things. He has had a lot of health issues over the last 25 years. Most recent he was diagnosed with colon cancer but it doesn't stop there, he developed something now with his nerves and he's been dealing with a lot of nausea. He is becoming so depressed and angry and just says he's tired of being here. I am very supportive, I love him and I do trust God but I do find myself in constant worry, fear I don't know if it's because they can't figure out some of the things wrong with him and I worry about his state of mind as we keep going to doctor and doctor and the frustration or if it's me lacking trust. It is so hard to remain strong and supportive and encouraging when he is none of that. How do I keep strong and remain positive when he is so negative and filled with anger and puts my belief in God down all the time?

Know that God is with you. Pray for your husband.Ā 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,298
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

3 hours ago, worriedwife69 said:

husband I'm not really sure is a believer, if he is he lacks faith and questions who and why God does the things he does, he is very angry with God forĀ 

When life kicks one in the teeth then one has a choice to trust God or not to trust God.

He has very real health problems and clearly equally challenging questions.

There is nothing wrong with having questions or doubts. It is what is being done to find answers to those questions/doubts that matters.

Your husband has either the answers supplied by Christianity or the answer by atheists.

If he will not attend church or talk with the minister, then it is up to you to supply these answers and to challenge him about what answers he accepts.

We do not know why God does what he does. God is not a sugar daddy. He is not there to make our lives nice.

If your Husband does not trust God, just what is he seeking or getting comfort or strength to face his problems from?

It is a brutal, but honest challenge for him.

Ā 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

9 hours ago, worriedwife69 said:

I have believed in God since 2002 and Christ since 2008 yet I have at times questioned why things happen and have been vehemently angry with God even to the point of accusing him out of my pain (I am no Job).

I did not know anything about the principle of reaping what I sew.Ā  Nor did I understand that how I treated others would come back upon me or that I could be afflicted with disease by my behavior or what I said.Ā  I was ignorant of many things through intellectual pride and prejudice combined with a boatload of arrogance.Ā Ā 

I met a man once who had cut his wrists and lay dying in a pool of his own blood just two days before. I listened to him talk and everything he spoke of was judgement and criticisms of others as well as self.Ā  It was easy for me to see how this perverse way of making himself feel better through judgement of others had turned on him and made him judge himself unworthy of life.Ā  I worked with him on the issue which for him was rooted in his atheism.Ā  Within two weeks he came to me preaching Christ.Ā  He was a free man.Ā  I continue to work with him when he comes to me.Ā Ā 

I share the story because many times I have found that I lack understanding what is wrong with me because it looks like something is wrong with everyone else and my judgement of them is hurting me mentally, emotionally, physically and spiritually.Ā Ā 

Jesus said that I needed to remove the beam out of my eye in order to see how to remove the speck in my brother's eye.Ā Ā 

The ability to help others is rooted in being healed myself through obedience to biblical principles.Ā  James said that if I only hear the word but not follow it then my life is a lie and I walk deceived.Ā  I cannot help another see if I am blind.Ā  Instead we both fall into a pit.

Therefore, I continue daily to work toward believing and walking in the way Jesus teaches and over time I mature in the faith and see clearer but first the scales of judgement must fall from my eyes, I have to quit weighing everyone in the balance for that is Gods job not mine.

Peace upon all who are in your house!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.54

Romans 12:15Ā King James Version (KJV)

15Ā Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.

ā€œWeep with them that weep -Ā Labour after a compassionate or sympathizing mind. Let your heart feel for the distressed; enter into their sorrows, and bear a part of their burdens.ā€

Romans 5

3And not onlyĀ that,Ā but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation producesĀ perseverance;Ā Ā 4and perseverance,Ā [c]character; and character, hope.

Philippians 4:13Ā New King James Version (NKJV)

13Ā I can do all thingsĀ throughĀ [a]Christ who strengthens me.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

21 hours ago, worriedwife69 said:

How do I keep strong and remain positive when he is so negative and filled with anger and puts my belief in God down all the time?

I can't think of nothing I can say to help him, but these verses help me I read them every day, if they can help you good, but if not just ignore them.

Ā 

James chapter 5 verse 17 Elijah was a man just like us. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years.
Ā 
Luke chapter 18 verse 1Ā  Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.
Ā 
James chapter 4
2Ā You desire but do not have, so you kill. You covet but you cannot get what you want, so you quarrel and fight. You do not have because you do not ask God. 3Ā When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.
Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
Isaiah chapter 62 verse 6 I have posted watchmen on your walls, Jerusalem; they will never be silent day or night. You who call on the LORD, give yourselves no rest,
Ā 
1 Chronicles chapter 4
Ā 

10Ā Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, ā€œOh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain.ā€ And God granted his request.

Ā 
Daniel chapter 9 verse 18
Give ear, our God, and hear; open your eyes and see the desolation of the city that bears your Name. We do not make requests of you because we are righteous, but because of your great mercy.
Ā 
Matthew chapter 7 verse 7
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
Ephesians chapter 1 verse 4 For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love

Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
2 Kings chapter 20 verse 5 "Go back and tell Hezekiah, the leader of My people, 'This is what the LORD, the God of your father David, says: I have heard your prayer; I have seen your tears. I will surely heal you. On the third day from now you will go up to the house of the LORD.
Ā 
Ā 
2 Chronicles chapter 16 verse 9
For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him. You have done a foolish thing, and from now on you will be at war."
Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
Daniel chapterĀ  6 verse 23Ā  The king was overjoyed and gave orders to lift Daniel out of the den. And when Daniel was lifted from the den, no wound was found on him, because he had trusted in his God.
Ā 
Ā 
Psalm 107
Ā 
18Ā They loathed all food and drew near the gates of death.
19Ā Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress.
20Ā He sent out his word and healed them; he rescued them from the grave.
Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
Isaiah chapter 37 verse 21Ā 

Ā 

21Ā Then Isaiah son of Amoz sent a message to Hezekiah: ā€œThis is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: Because you have prayed to me concerning Sennacherib king of Assyria,

Ā 

22Ā this is the word the Lord has spoken against him:

ā€œVirgin Daughter Zion
Ā Ā Ā Ā despises and mocks you.
Daughter Jerusalem
Ā Ā Ā Ā tosses her head as you flee.
23Ā Who is it you have ridiculed and blasphemed?
Ā Ā Ā Ā Against whom have you raised your voice
and lifted your eyes in pride?
Ā Ā Ā Ā Against the Holy One of Israel!

Ā 

2 Chronicles chapter 16

Ā 

7Ā At that timeĀ HananiĀ the seer came to Asa king of Judah and said to him,Ā ā€œBecause you relied on the king of Syria, and did not rely on theĀ LordĀ your God, the army of the king of Syria has escaped you.Ā 8Ā Were notĀ the Ethiopians andĀ the Libyans a huge army with very many chariots and horsemen? YetĀ because you relied on theĀ Lord, he gave them into your hand.Ā 9Ā For the eyes of theĀ LordĀ run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to give strong support to thoseĀ whose heart is blameless[g]Ā toward him.Ā You have done foolishly in this, for from now onĀ you will have wars.ā€Ā 10Ā Then Asa was angry with the seer and put himĀ in the stocks in prison, for he was in a rage with him because of this. And Asa inflicted cruelties upon some of the people at the same time.

Isaiah chapter 45 verse 19 I have not spoken in secret, from somewhere in a land of darkness; I have not said to Jacob's descendants, 'Seek me in vain.' I, the LORD, speak the truth; I declare what is right.
Ā 
2 chronicles chapter 12 verse 14
He did evil because he had not set his heart on seeking the LORD.
Ā 
Jeremiah chapter 29 verse 13
You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
Proverbs chapter 30 verse 5 "Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.
Ā 

Ā 

Psalm 118Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

8Ā It is better to take refuge in the Lord
Ā Ā Ā Ā than to trust in humans.
9Ā It is better to take refuge in the Lord
Ā Ā Ā Ā than to trust in princes.

Ā 

James chapter 5 verse 13, Ā "Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise."

Ephesians chapter 3 verse 20 Now to Him who is able to do infinitely more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us,

Ā 

Ā 

Matthew chapter 21 verse 22Ā  If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."
Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
James 1 chapter verse 6 But he must ask in faith, without doubting, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.
Ā 
Ā 
Ā  Proverbs chapter 3 verse 5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding;
Ā 
Ā 
Hebrews chapter 13 verse 8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
Deuteronomy chapter 31 verse 6 Be strong and courageous; do not be afraid or terrified of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you."
Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
Psalm chapter 9 verse 10 Those who know Your name will trust in You, for You, O LORD, have not abandoned those who seek You.

Ā 
Ā 
2 chronicles chapter 13
Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Ā 
Ā 

16Ā The Israelites fled before Judah, and God delivered them into their hands. 17Ā Abijah and his troops inflicted heavy losses on them, so that there were five hundred thousand casualties among Israelā€™s able men. 18Ā The Israelites were subdued on that occasion, and the people of Judah were victorious because they relied on the Lord, the God of their ancestors.

Ā 

Psalm chapter 108 verse 12 Give us aid against the foe, for the help of man is worthless.

Ā 

Psalm chapter 60 verse 11 Give us aid against the enemy, for the help of man is worthless.

1 Thessalonians chapter 5 verse 17

pray continually,
Ā 

2 chronicles chapter 33
12Ā In his distress he sought the favor of the Lord his God and humbled himself greatly before the God of his ancestors. 13Ā And when he prayed to him, the Lord was moved by his entreaty and listened to his plea; so he brought him back to Jerusalem and to his kingdom. Then Manasseh knew that the Lord is God.
Ā 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,515
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  11

Have you considered adding a thread in the Prayer Requests forum about this?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1