Having faith in difficult times

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you, I agree that I think sometimes it's due to just being in the moment of hurting and he doesn't mean what he says, however, there are times I think he doe mean it.  Pray pray pray is all I have been doing, for wisdom and strength. We do talk about how when he is done with chemo  he can start getting ready for dirt bike riding. That is his favorite thing to do. He still gets discouraged thinking he wont be able to do it again due bowel changes but I keep encouraging him that he will be able to again. I like when he does talk about next year I want to do this trail or show you that trail. So I hope he is encouraged. I am still praying for his salvation.

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,515
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  11

It is very encouraging that he does talk about his future after the chemo is over. I'm continuing to pray for him and for you.

On 10/17/2019 at 6:51 PM, Jubilea said:

I'm continuing to pray for him and for you.

Praying for you, today.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Thank you for all of your prayers, it means so much to me. This chemo treatment went with more ease. As we walked in to the clinic, his famous words he says every time was, I'm so tired of being here,(at the clinic), but he joked around with the nurses and it went really fast which that in itself boosted his mood. During the 2 days he has his pump buddy he was more relaxed and seemed to get through those days easier. He had a couple of bad days but never once did he complain or say he didn't want to do chemo anymore God is working, I know it! 

• Praise God! 2

Praise God! Yes, He is working. Thank you for keeping us updated. I am praying for you both. :th_praying::heart:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  532
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/10/1972

This is so encouraging!  God is truly working and helping to soften your husband's mood, even in small portions.  Praise and Glory to the Lord!  :D

-- Michelle

Edited by mlbrokish

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  532
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/10/1972

28 minutes ago, worriedwife69 said:

Hello everyone, I was wondering if I could get some prayers for this upcoming week. My husband is due for his 6th chemo treatment which means he is half way through, yay!!  He is feeling very discouraged because for some reason the last chemo was much harder on him than the rest, plus they are adding the other chemo drug that he was suppose to be getting from the beginning but due to some neuropathy he started having after his surgery they held off until they got it under control. So he is very worried about this new drug because it does cause a temporary neuropathy and worried he will feel even worse. He has been saying again that he doesn't want to do chemo so please please pray for him.. Thank you.

I have been thinking of you the past few days, and praying for you and your husband.  Thank you for keeping us updated.

Prayers will continue for you both and also include the Oncology staff involved in his treatment, as they provide the best care for your husband. 

Keep reading God's word, it will keep you strong and comforted in these troubled times.  Here's a verse to give hope and encouragement:

Deuteronomy 31:6  …Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you

--Michelle

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

1 hour ago, worriedwife69 said:

Hello everyone, I was wondering if I could get some prayers for this upcoming week. My husband is due for his 6th chemo treatment which means he is half way through, yay!!  He is feeling very discouraged because for some reason the last chemo was much harder on him than the rest, plus they are adding the other chemo drug that he was suppose to be getting from the beginning but due to some neuropathy he started having after his surgery they held off until they got it under control. So he is very worried about this new drug because it does cause a temporary neuropathy and worried he will feel even worse. He has been saying again that he doesn't want to do chemo so please please pray for him.. Thank you.

Dear sister,

Praying for your husband that through you, God would give him courage to endure, and for you to remain faithful while times seem so distressing. Look not at these times as discouraging, but as opportunities to be the cheerleader for your husband God wants you to be. Ask God for wisdom and He will supply it abundantly. Keep your head up and thank God for the miracles He can do. 

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

1 hour ago, worriedwife69 said:

I'm going to split this off into a separate prayer request thread for you. Praying.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

On 8/21/2019 at 9:39 PM, worriedwife69 said:

My husband I'm not really sure is a believer, if he is he lacks faith and questions who and why God does the things he does, he is very angry with God for 

a lot of different things. He has had a lot of health issues over the last 25 years. Most recent he was diagnosed with colon cancer but it doesn't stop there, he developed something now with his nerves and he's been dealing with a lot of nausea. He is becoming so depressed and angry and just says he's tired of being here. I am very supportive, I love him and I do trust God but I do find myself in constant worry, fear I don't know if it's because they can't figure out some of the things wrong with him and I worry about his state of mind as we keep going to doctor and doctor and the frustration or if it's me lacking trust. It is so hard to remain strong and supportive and encouraging when he is none of that. How do I keep strong and remain positive when he is so negative and filled with anger and puts my belief in God down all the time?

Hey Worriedwife69.

I can feel the love you have for your Husband, and God bless you for it.

Im sorry for the process you are in, as its a slow grinding daily hardship.   God give you His daily Grace to life you up and be your anchor in this storm of life.

You want to know why your husband is angry and condemning God.,,,,

Listen, any believeing person who has never been angry at God, who has never doubted everything about God, and God's love, has never had much to deal with in life.  Because when you are crushed and left helpless by a life circumstance, you will be angry, and this is often reflected into Heaven.  So, what you are hearing, is very normal for both an unbeliever, and a believer, when they  just have no more push back against the hardship.

Life is hard, and its really hardest for some.   And when this happens, and if we are a believer, or not, then we want to know why the God of Love and this Healing Jesus, is SILENT.  That is just how it is, thats the reality,  and im His servant, and ive seen miracles with own my eyes wide open, and ive experienced them, yet, ....ive had dark days, dark times, horrible situations, and all that happened after i prayed was that it stayed the same, or got worse........for a while.

The bible says that the reason we have HOPE, is because we have learned something over time.  And that is, that God is working on it.  God is always working on it.   And there will be a final solution.

Believe me when i tell you, that God is working on it.     

Thank you for taking care of your husband, for being concerned, and doing all you can.    God bless you in the doing.

B

Edited by Behold
  • This is Worthy 1