• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

8 hours ago, WordSword said:

Also, I'm 65, a Civil Chaplain, been a Christian and studying and sharing the Word of God for 41 years. Thanks for you concern and God's blessings to your Family!

Hi WordSwrod,

I'm sorry if I offended you, but this illustrates why  I keep asking our members to include information like this on their profile. If you had done that I would have known you knew what those verses mean. When I was 1st saved in my 1st church I met folks who loved God, at least I think they did. I tried to get to know them and too often these kind of verses were used to validate them continuing to live in sin. I agree we need God's spirit to help us succeed but we have to put in an effort too. A lot of newbies seem to think that living without sin should be easy as 1 2    3 since   we aren't doing it. But ultimately we have to make it happen, always remembering God makes it work. Always thanking Him.

But you know all this.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  166
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,159
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, JTC said:

Hi WordSwrod,

I'm sorry if I offended you, but this illustrates why  I keep asking our members to include information like this on their profile. If you had done that I would have known you knew what those verses mean. When I was 1st saved in my 1st church I met folks who loved God, at least I think they did. I tried to get to know them and too often these kind of verses were used to validate them continuing to live in sin. I agree we need God's spirit to help us succeed but we have to put in an effort too. A lot of newbies seem to think that living without sin should be easy as 1 2    3 since   we aren't doing it. But ultimately we have to make it happen, always remembering God makes it work. Always thanking Him.

But you know all this.

That's okay, no offense taken, I understand.