IGNORED

Bible Study: the errors

Guest Evgen

Q: Preacher, speaking on, are there any errors to be avoided in Bible Study?

A: Yes, sure. One terrible mistake should be avoided: following lies, meaning some words of men printed as commentaries.

Nova days too many have been taught and teach on, that our Holy Bible was written in the days of old and some of the Scriptures are not instrumental anymore for us today.

To that effect the false teachers & preachers bring about a lot of historical stuff, even the writings cooked up, collected, selected, adopted, and accepted by generations of unbelieving scholars as “documents.” Every stress in their handbooks is made on “very special” circumstances and conditions the ancient Servants of GOD acted upon. Their limited worldly logic can comprehend the Scriptures no other way but.

Thus, Holy Word of GOD is set up as writings of mere men there & then, rather than LORD’s Eternal Wisdom to be most diligently studied, uncompromisingly obeyed and lived by here & now.

Add to that many errors made by our Brethren translators & editors and the Truth comes out even more impenetrable.

The cause of all this [translation] error is, that some are grammarians only, but know nothing of the Divine things concerned... (Martin Luther, The Creation: A Commentary on the First Five Chapters of The Book of Genesis, p.391)

I’ve read in one modern Bible Commented Edition these heretical prescriptions: “Apostle Paul’s Teachings ought to be used very cautiously nova days.”

Of a Truth, every lying comment contradicting the Word of GOD should be taken exactly so.

False teaching is eminently characteristic of Satanic power at all times, and far more successful than open violence. (F.W. Grant, The Numerical Bible, Hebrews to Revelation, p.428)

All historical documents being written by whosoever and disputing LORD GOD in whatsoever way should be discarded by Believers. His Eternal Written Word is our Right Weights & Balances to weigh up all historical writings, and the last should be used very cautiously indeed.

Our Holy Bible doesn’t need any scientific proof from the world, as it has all the Confirmation of GOD and the Power to judge the world.

Moreover, let’s watch our own words, bearing in mind that Account is due for every single word spoken. Say: this or that scientific data is or isn't proven by the Word of GOD, rather than vice versa.

(Christian Mind Ministry, Q & A, chapter 103)

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,923
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

5 hours ago, Evgen said:

Q: Preacher, speaking on, are there any errors to be avoided in Bible Study? 

(1Co 4:6)  Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
(1Co 4:18)  Now some are puffed up, as though I were not coming to you.
(1Co 4:19)  But I will come to you shortly, if the Lord wills, and I will know, not the word of those who are puffed up, but the power.
(1Co 5:2)  And you are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he who has done this deed might be taken away from among you.
(1Co 13:4)  Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up;
(Col 2:18)  Let no one cheat you of your reward, taking delight in false humility and worship of angels, intruding into those things which he has not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,
(1Ti 3:6)  not a novice, lest being puffed up with pride he fall into the same condemnation as the devil.

4 hours ago, maryjayne said:

In these lessons you write, are you the Preacher and also the questioner, or are others sending you questions to answer?

Judging by the format continued throughout his whole "Christian Mind" website, I would say the inference is that the writer is a preacher to whom questions must be addressed. I'm wondering if there is a Russian Orthodox influence behind this style of rhetoric.  

4 hours ago, Michael37 said:

I'm wondering if there is a Russian Orthodox influence behind this style of rhetoric. 

No. And will never be. There is a chapter about Christian Unity - the Eleventh Commandment - in my book. It's anti-denominational throughout.

I'm also wondering how many Baptists are there in WCF.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

Which type of Baptist......there are 200+  varieties....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

27 minutes ago, Evgen said:

I'm also wondering how many Baptists are there in WCF.

There are probably quite a few, but even fewer make questions of any relevance thereof. 

7 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Which type of Baptist......there are 200+  varieties....

That's more than even I imagined. ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Michael37 said:

...the inference is that the writer is a preacher to whom questions must be addressed. 

Correct. The questions are/were real.

11 hours ago, maryjayne said:

...you have said to avoid commentaries, while quoting from commentaries.

Have to. Within the reason of discussion.

In these lessons you write... 

If you please, no "lessons" (from either side.) I'm not a teacher. It's a Communion - sharing of Revelations (if any) & opinions.

...others sending you questions to answer...

That's correct. Thank you.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,923
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

24 minutes ago, Evgen said:

Correct. The questions are/were real.

And do you insist that you be addressed as Preacher. when these questions are being asked, or is that a Russian thing?