• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

6 hours ago, Evgen said:

I'm also wondering how many Baptists are there in WCF.

What's the deal about Baptists?   Someone else here told me I was raised Baptist and went to a Baptist Bible college!   He was wrong on both assumptions.   (I was raised in a Presbyterian Church with a Pentecostal grandma. :rofl:)

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

18 hours ago, Evgen said:

Q: Preacher, speaking on, are there any errors to be avoided in Bible Study?

A: Yes, sure. One terrible mistake should be avoided: following lies, meaning some words of men printed as commentaries.

Nova days too many have been taught and teach on, that our Holy Bible was written in the days of old and some of the Scriptures are not instrumental anymore for us today.

To that effect the false teachers & preachers bring about a lot of historical stuff, even the writings cooked up, collected, selected, adopted, and accepted by generations of unbelieving scholars as “documents.” Every stress in their handbooks is made on “very special” circumstances and conditions the ancient Servants of GOD acted upon. Their limited worldly logic can comprehend the Scriptures no other way but.

Thus, Holy Word of GOD is set up as writings of mere men there & then, rather than LORD’s Eternal Wisdom to be most diligently studied, uncompromisingly obeyed and lived by here & now.

Add to that many errors made by our Brethren translators & editors and the Truth comes out even more impenetrable.

The cause of all this [translation] error is, that some are grammarians only, but know nothing of the Divine things concerned... (Martin Luther, The Creation: A Commentary on the First Five Chapters of The Book of Genesis, p.391)

I’ve read in one modern Bible Commented Edition these heretical prescriptions: “Apostle Paul’s Teachings ought to be used very cautiously nova days.”

Of a Truth, every lying comment contradicting the Word of GOD should be taken exactly so.

False teaching is eminently characteristic of Satanic power at all times, and far more successful than open violence. (F.W. Grant, The Numerical Bible, Hebrews to Revelation, p.428)

All historical documents being written by whosoever and disputing LORD GOD in whatsoever way should be discarded by Believers. His Eternal Written Word is our Right Weights & Balances to weigh up all historical writings, and the last should be used very cautiously indeed.

Our Holy Bible doesn’t need any scientific proof from the world, as it has all the Confirmation of GOD and the Power to judge the world.

Moreover, let’s watch our own words, bearing in mind that Account is due for every single word spoken. Say: this or that scientific data is or isn't proven by the Word of GOD, rather than vice versa.

(Christian Mind Ministry, Q & A, chapter 103)

When someone who claims to be a Christian comes before me and starts to undermine the Authority of the scriptures in the Holy Bible the credibility of their teachings shrink to Zero to me..

17 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

why?

The style. Maybe, I didn't communicate with all the Baptist world, but there are 3 Local Baptist Churches in my whereabouts. I attended the Services of each of them, stupidly seeking Communion. The thing is, they readily accepted my Tithes & Offerings but refused to accept my humble person to their Small Groups. Why? They explained: "We are afraid of infection." Because I'd honestly informed them that my previous Congregation had been the Pentecostal one. 

5 hours ago, Michael37 said:

And do you insist that you be addressed as Preacher. when these questions are being asked, or is that a Russian thing?

Actually, I was addressed very different ways. Mostly, it was "Brother Igor." Since those questions have been collected for more than 20 years, I just "unified" them in English thing "Preacher." I couldn't copy the form of addressing you've used right now.

1 minute ago, maryjayne said:

Providing we agree with the Statement of Faith when we join and post, its OK to post.

Then everything is fine and I'll post on. Thanks.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  237
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,773
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

36 minutes ago, Evgen said:

Actually, I was addressed very different ways. Mostly, it was "Brother Igor." Since those questions have been collected for more than 20 years, I just "unified" them in English thing "Preacher." I couldn't copy the form of addressing you've used right now.

Not to disparage but to illuminate and inform as a point of discussion, generally among my fellows the use of the word preacher in such a grammatical construction as yours would be unusual except in a slightly humorous or mildly mocking tone, Many of us are referred to as preachers but none of us would be addressed as "Preacher."  Anything that invokes a sense of formality similar to that erroneously cultivated by those seeking to maintain an unbiblical clergy/laity division, or as I've heard it put, "preserving the mystique of leadership", is to be swiftly denounced in the body of Christ if we are serious about fellowshipping in alignment with God's Will and not as part of Babylon and her harlots.

4 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

...the use of the word preacher in such a grammatical construction as yours would be unusual except in a slightly humorous or mildly mocking tone...

Since I've got my share of communication with unbelievers (the Forum "Ask Christian" incl.) and in the book I answered their questions, mocking is real & familiar to me.  

Many of us are referred to as preachers but none of us would be addressed as "Preacher." 

So, using the word "Preacher" is something fresh to present. :) 

However, your suggestion is well noted. Thanks

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

55 minutes ago, Evgen said:

Actually, I was addressed very different ways. Mostly, it was "Brother Igor."

Brother is perfectly alright. To address one as a brother or sister is commonly accepted here. "Preacher" on the other hand, is a title given to a person of an ordained ministerial position. 

56 minutes ago, Evgen said:

Then everything is fine and I'll post on. Thanks.

Posting the entirety of the remainder of your book exceeds the necessity of expectant needs. It would be alright to withhold the conclusion. That is similar to explaining a complete movie to another person. 

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  237
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,773
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

9 hours ago, Evgen said:

Since I've got my share of communication with unbelievers (the Forum "Ask Christian" incl.) and in the book I answered their questions, mocking is real & familiar to me.  

Many of us are referred to as preachers but none of us would be addressed as "Preacher." 

So, using the word "Preacher" is something fresh to present. :) 

However, your suggestion is well noted. Thanks

Thanks for your replies, Igor. As members of the body of Christ we fellowship to edify and exhort one another, as I believe you understand. I actually came across your website some time ago when searching something before you re-registered on this forum. I looked at it briefly and noted the Q & A format and appeal to someone as Preacher. The old western movies sometimes have preachers in them, and thus they are addressed as Preacher, either as a courtesy by respected citizens, or as a sneer by cynics and outlaws. 

And then there's the song about the son of a a preacherman made famous by Dusty Springfield...pity she didn't listen to real preaching of the gospel.