• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.11
  • Days Won:  4

2 hours ago, Abdicate said:

We know they reject it, so much so, many "Christians" also reject the word of God.

Are you aware that the original Hebrew words do not specify that the flood covered the entire globe, even though there are other Hebrew words that could have done that?

So the Bible does not actually specify a global flood, and the scientific evidence for a global flood is lacking. There is NO reason why doubting a global flood should be equated with rejecting the Word of God.

2 hours ago, Abdicate said:

Evolution is from the devil to do away with the need for Jesus.

This is extremely judge mental and not based on reality. There are literally millions around the world that accept the scientific evidence for evolution and accept Jesus Christ as Savior.

3 hours ago, Abdicate said:

That's a lie. It does say that.

Wow. I'm ok with it if you disagree with me, but that is a serious accusation. Since it seems you will mistrust anything I say and falsely accuse me of lying, let me refer you to someone else's writing.

3.The Hebrew Word Earth Can Be Translated Land

The Hebrew term eretz translated earth in Genesis 6-8 should be translated land instead of earth. The word eretz is used more than 2,500 times in the Old Testament with 80% of the time being translated land rather than earth. Therefore, the Hebrew writers employed the word with its much more restricted meaning about four times as frequently as they employed it with a broader meaning. What is in view, in the Flood account, is not the entire earth, but the land around Noah.

If the word land is substituted for earth in the Flood account then the passage has an entirely different sense. Consider how the passage would then be understood.

Now the land was corrupt in God's sight, and the land was filled with violence. And God saw that the land was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted its ways upon the land. For my part, I am going to bring a flood of waters on the land, to destroy from under heaven all flesh in which is the breath of life; everything that is on the land shall die (Genesis 6:11,12,17).

The point is as follows: the extent of the Flood cannot be decisively settled based upon the Hebrew word for earth.

4.Hebrews Had Better Word For Entire Earth

When the Hebrews wished to convey the idea of the whole habitable earth, they used the word tetel, as in Psalm 24:1.

The earth is the LORD's and all that is in it, the world, and those who live in it (Psalm 24:1).

This word is not found in the Genesis Flood account - another indication that the entire earth is not in view.

Not As Clear As It Seems

Consequently, the words all and the whole earth, which are found throughout the Flood narrative, may not really be as widespread in their implications as the text seems to state. The Hebrew language cannot, by itself, be decisive in determining the extent of the Flood.

The rest of the essay can be found here - https://www.blueletterbible.org/faq/don_stewart/don_stewart_666.cfm

3 hours ago, Abdicate said:

You've been deceived big time.

The irony is incredibly thick...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.56
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Why did God have Noah load up the animals?

Perhaps to preserve the local ecosystem? A gigantic flood covering the "land", whatever that might be, would have had a catastrophic impact over a very large geographical area. In a flood of that magnitude, it is unlikely that the animals could simply just walk out of harm's way.

In a localized regional flood, what would contain the waters to allow for 'covering'?

22 hours ago, one.opinion said:

Yes, the universe is a closed system. Individual organisms, and populations of organisms, are not. So the second law of thermodynamics (entropy is always increasing) is not evidence against evolution.

Absolutely true.

Death.

I see flooding in my area multiple times per year. If rain is heavy enough and occurs long enough (40 days, for example) in a particular area, you would be amazed at what happens to water levels. I live along the Texas coast and Hurricane Harvey did some nearly-unbelievable damage in about 4 days of heavy rain, I cannot imagine what would have occurred if the rain had lasted 36 more.

1 minute ago, Alive said:

Death.

Yes. When an organism dies, it is chemically a closed system and entropy takes its course. While it is alive, constant input of energy prevents the same entropy from occurring. Entropy (and the second law of thermodynamics) is an extremely poor argument against evolution.

17 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

I see flooding in my area multiple times per year. If rain is heavy enough and occurs long enough (40 days, for example) in a particular area, you would be amazed at what happens to water levels. I live along the Texas coast and Hurricane Harvey did some nearly-unbelievable damage in about 4 days of heavy rain, I cannot imagine what would have occurred if the rain had lasted 36 more.

This does in no way solve the problem posited.