A Christian 1985

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,026
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

Psalm 2:7  I will surely tell of the decree of the LORD: He said to Me, 'You are My Son, Today I have begotten You.

So not just Adam, but all of us who follow Him.    It's not a genetic thing.  Indeed, the Bible has two "genealogies" of Jesus, which are not the same, indicating that they are not actual genealogies.

But the point, of course, is that evolution isn't about the origin of life, but rather about how existing life changes.   As you have seen, Darwin just supposed that God created the first living things.    And it doesn't matter to evolution, how life began.

Edited by The Barbarian

1 hour ago, Alive said:

I wonder what motivates folks to push hard for evolution on a Christian forum.

Primarily because of the damage it does to Christianity.   Many people who might otherwise have come to Him, were turned away when they were told that creationism is a Christian doctrine.   Knowing that it couldn't be true, they assumed the rest wasn't true as well.   This is why it matters.    Those creationists who don't say that it's an essential doctrine, are not guilty of this, of course.    If they say "I personally believe this, but you don't have to believe it to be a Christian," then they are not at fault with God.

And that hold for those who accept evolution as well.   We should never say that one has to accept evolution to be a Christian.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.43

26 minutes ago, The Barbarian said:
1 hour ago, Alive said:

I wonder what motivates folks to push hard for evolution on a Christian forum.

Primarily because of the damage it does to Christianity.   Many people who might otherwise have come to Him, were turned away when they were told that creationism is a Christian doctrine.   Knowing that it couldn't be true, they assumed the rest wasn't true as well.   This is why it matters.    Those creationists who don't say that it's an essential doctrine, are not guilty of this, of course.    If they say "I personally believe this, but you don't have to believe it to be a Christian," then they are not at fault with God.

And that hold for those who accept evolution as well.   We should never say that one has to accept evolution to be a Christian.

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. (Romans 1:18-25)

Barbarian, all you are doing is creating a partial Gospel and a partial truth for them to follow that creates half converts, living in partial belief. The Truth when revealed will be a hard pill to swallow for them. Faith is the substance of things hoped for, and the evidence of things not seen (Heb. 11:1) you are denying the role of faith in the life of a convert, and are preaching lukewarmness, and that is all. I Personally think God would rather have an army like Gideon's as opposed to a large army of half converts.... Just sayin'  

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.13
  • Days Won:  4

52 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

Barbarian, all you are doing is creating a partial Gospel and a partial truth for them to follow that creates half converts, living in partial belief.

You have absolutely no reason to make such a claim. I am quite sure that God is capable of judging His children without your help. You are attempting to use scripture for your own judgmental purposes, when it clearly does nothing to refute evolution. 

3 hours ago, Alive said:

Is it glorious knowledge that points to Christ?

Yes, to me and to many I know, the idea of God creating through evolution does nothing to detract from His power. Rather, I am humbled by His incredible creativity and the intricacy and delicacy of His touch as He holds all things together. I am much more in awe of His wonderful creation now than I was as a young earth creationist (for roughly half my life).

Edited by one.opinion

Just now, one.opinion said:

You have absolutely no reason to make such a claim. I am quite sure that God is capable of judging His children without your help. You are attempting to use scripture for your own judgmental purposes, when it clearly does nothing to refute evolution. 

Sounds like I struck a nerve. I Will let you pause and reflect on what was said. Ask yourself also, what happened to those half hearted believers That God provided a way out of Egypt, when they Got to the Holy Land, and did not believe the testimony of Caleb and Joshua? Is this being Judgmental on my part, or a warning? You decide.

BTW, since you do not believe the literal Word of God, How is it that you can judge me By it and tell me I cannot speak up and warn you of where you are heading? I Mean the Word of God is not an authoritative book to you, yet you quote it as if it is to me when you condemn me. A little hypocritical on your part, eh?

16 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

BTW, since you do not believe the literal Word of God, How is it that you can judge me By it and tell me I cannot speak up and warn you of where you are heading?

I am telling you that you are judging people you do not know. You are assuming God’s role. But sure, go ahead and try to make this about me...

Just now, one.opinion said:

I am telling you that you are judging people you do not know. You are assuming God’s role. But sure, go ahead and try to make this about me...

For one, the comment was directed at Barbarian, and unless you are one in the same as barbarian, then you have no need to be offended. 

For two, I wrote what I was given to write. You can take that as literal, and true, or just my imagination, That is entirely up to you. How one receives an admonition and or correction reflects on their character, not the character of the person expressing warning. Think of it this way, If you see a person about to walk off of a cliff, are you going to speak up and warn them, or are you going to let them fall? Now if you are the hearer of the warning are you going to be offended and ignore them, or are you going to listen and look around and see if there is a cliff there?

I Made an observation of a snide comment by barbarian, one that results in Post modern Christians, which are Lukewarm Christians at best, "ever learning, but never arriving at the Truth". This has been my experience personally, and my observations of what those believers are like.... remember I Know because I was one, A theistic evolutionist like you are, so I have experience in this, and know how you rationalize your partial unbelief. Do Me a favor and read the letter to the Laodicean church found in revelation 3:14-22, and meditate on those words therein. If you are honest with yourself, you will see yourself therein, and the solution to overcoming the denial associated with this church, because that is really all this feeling of being offended in you is, and that is a denial of the need for Jesus in His fulness.

GB  

21 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

Do Me a favor and read the letter to the Laodicean church found in revelation 3:14-22, and meditate on those words therein. If you are honest with yourself, you will see yourself therein

You do not know what is in my heart, nor do you know what is in Barbarian’s. Yet, you presume to cast judgement even though you are completely ignorant of our hearts. All you know is that we have a different view of Genesis and the evidence God has made available to us. That is not enough to make the assumptions you are.

Shall I suggest that you take a look at Proverbs 16:5 and claim that you will be convicted?

3 hours ago, dhchristian said:

Barbarian, all you are doing is creating a partial Gospel and a partial truth for them to follow that creates half converts, living in partial belief.

I'm just accepting it as it is, without the revisions of creationism.

you are denying the role of faith in the life of a convert

That's nonsense.   If one has faith in God's word, one accepts it without revision.    Creationism accepts some of His word and rejects the rest.

I Personally think God would rather have an army like Gideon's as opposed to a large army of half converts.... Just sayin'  

Me too.    Again, there are  creationists who have their own ideas of scripture, but who do not presume to project lack of faith on Christians who do not agree with them.    They are not undermining God's word, and are not seeking to sow conflict among us.   

Edited by The Barbarian
  • Thumbs Up 1