• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.43
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

You do not know what is in my heart, nor do you know what is in Barbarian’s. Yet, you presume to cast judgement even though you are completely ignorant of our hearts. All you know is that we have a different view of Genesis and the evidence God has made available to us. That is not enough to make the assumptions you are.

Shall I suggest that you take a look at Proverbs 16:5 and claim that you will be convicted?

Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee. Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning. (Prov. 9:8-9) Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, (Romans 1:22)

Just now, The Barbarian said:

I'm just accepting it as it is, without the revisions of creationism.

That's nonsense.   If one has faith in God's word, one accepts it without the modern revisions of creationism.    Creationism accepts half of His word and rejects the rest.

What nonsense, creationism is a "modern revision".... Is only "half of His Word".... I Think Romans 1:22 is the appropriate verse here as well. I saw some marbles someone lost at the park near me, I wonder if they were yours, you may want to go look for them!. :35: :rofl:

Me too.    Again, there are  creationists who have their own ideas of scripture, but who do not presume to project lack of faith on Christians who do not agree with them.    They are not undermining God's word, and are not seeking to sow conflict among us.   

Since you had not finished your thought when I wrote the comment above (Perhaps because of the lost marbles), I Will reply to this. here. The Conflict comes from the one who makes an asinine statements like you did here. Maybe if you read it again you will see how asinine it really is. God's creation is a fundamental principal in the Bible the very foundation of it, to deny it is to deny God. You want to make a convert who denies God's hand in creation and thereby denying God in Public. For what? So that you can bring in a bunch of half believers like yourself into the church and lead it down the road of post-modernism.... NO THANKS. I would rather have 300 men that lap water with their tongue. Either Jesus is your all in all, Or he is nothing at all.  

"Primarily because of the damage it does to Christianity.   Many people who might otherwise have come to Him, were turned away when they were told that creationism is a Christian doctrine.   Knowing that it couldn't be true, they assumed the rest wasn't true as well.   This is why it matters.    Those creationists who don't say that it's an essential doctrine, are not guilty of this, of course.    If they say "I personally believe this, but you don't have to believe it to be a Christian," then they are not at fault with God.

And that hold for those who accept evolution as well.   We should never say that one has to accept evolution to be a Christian."

I Am sorry, but you lost all respect I had for you with this comment, Your motives are clear to me now. You have no desire to know the Truth and are just a make believe Christian. Perhaps Darwin can find a way for you to evolve some more marbles? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,025
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

34 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

Since you had not finished your thought when I wrote the comment above (Perhaps because of the lost marbles), I Will reply to this. here. The Conflict comes from the one who makes an asinine statements like you did here. Maybe if you read it again you will see how asinine it really is. God's creation is a fundamental principal in the Bible the very foundation of it, to deny it is to deny God. You want to make a convert who denies God's hand in creation and thereby denying God in Public. For what? So that you can bring in a bunch of half believers like yourself into the church and lead it down the road of post-modernism.... NO THANKS. I would rather have 300 men that lap water with their tongue. Either Jesus is your all in all, Or he is nothing at all.  

"Primarily because of the damage it does to Christianity.   Many people who might otherwise have come to Him, were turned away when they were told that creationism is a Christian doctrine.   Knowing that it couldn't be true, they assumed the rest wasn't true as well.   This is why it matters.    Those creationists who don't say that it's an essential doctrine, are not guilty of this, of course.    If they say "I personally believe this, but you don't have to believe it to be a Christian," then they are not at fault with God.

And that hold for those who accept evolution as well.   We should never say that one has to accept evolution to be a Christian."

I Am sorry, but you lost all respect I had for you with this comment, Your motives are clear to me now. You have no desire to know the Truth and are just a make believe Christian. Perhaps Darwin can find a way for you to evolve some more marbles? 

Instead of becoming angry and verbally abusive, you should consider the issue and try to present a reasonable argument.    Satan is most pleased when he can get Christians to deny the faith of their fellow Christians.

Instead of becoming angry and verbally abusive, you should consider the issue and try to present a reasonable argument.    Satan is most pleased when he can get Christians to deny the faith of their fellow Christians.

No, there comes  time when mocking is used, Just like Elijah Did, You have reached that point of absurdity in your arguments here, my friend. "Modern revisions of creationism" I am still cracking up thinking about that one..... You must think we Christians are absolute idiots. Sorry, but creationism has been around since.... Let me see here, Oh yeah.... since creation. Do You see yet what a fool you are making of yourself. 

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.13
  • Days Won:  4

6 hours ago, dhchristian said:

Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee. Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning. (Prov. 9:8-9) Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, (Romans 1:22)

You do not know anyone’s thoughts, words, or deeds, yet you presume to judge.

Matthew 7:15

“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

Just now, one.opinion said:

You do not know anyone’s thoughts, words, or deeds, yet you presume to judge.

Matthew 7:15

“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

Isn't it funny, how this is the one verse most atheists have memorized, and quote regularly, like its a law that applies to us, and doesn't apply to them? Here is what the word of God says about judging. For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church[fn] whom you are to judge? God judges[fn] those outside. “Purge the evil person from among you.” (1 Cor. 5:12-13, ESV)

So as you can see, We have every right to judge those who are within the church, and are called to do so. Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life? (1 Cor. 6:2-3)1163414589_animated-gavel11.gif.eb81d20c1d5848ed85074242291c5418.gif

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.66
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

My thinking on this is simple. I start with 'kind' in the scriptures. I think the principle that God was establishing was that of the 'nature' of kind. This becomes important later when He reveals to us a 'nature' change 'In Christ.

(I have studied and continue to study the relevant sciences as admonished by Paul in Romans 1)

I think that since the fall and corruption (entropy) entering the world, everything is devolving.

Some folks counter that by declaring that biological entities are open systems. I think that is not a good rebuttal, as all things since the fall are corrupted and are under the law of death. The principle of the law of death is pervasive and saturates creation at this time.

Recently, a report came out that geneticists have determined that the 'rate' of mutation in the human genome is increasing exponentially with each generation. Most mutations are deleterious. This confirms my thinking and understanding of scripture and the principles I find there.

I am convinced that science will unveil more of our marvelous God and His Creation--such as it is.

I recall many years ago when I was studying quantum physics and learned about particle spin. It was observed that certain sub-atomic particles seem to wink out of existence and then back into existence in a subsequent revolution--so to speak. I saw something of the 'Word' in that.

There are all kinds of things going on inside my body at the quantum level--people cite chaos and string theories--but I still need to stand up and walk across the room.

:-)

52 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

So as you can see, We have every right to judge those who are within the church, and are called to do so.

Two points regarding this:

1. Read the passage and think. 

53 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?

Who do you think "your brother" is? I don't know you, but I do believe it is safe to assume you are also a Christ-follower. Like it or not, we are brothers.

2. If you are going to pass judgement on your siblings in Christ, it might be a good idea to know what you are talking about. You don't.

2 minutes ago, Alive said:

Recently, a report came out that geneticists have determined that the 'rate' of mutation in the human genome is increasing exponentially with each generation.

I have seen reports that mutation rates are increasing, but I'd like to see the report of exponential increase. It would be interesting to discuss.

3 minutes ago, Alive said:

Most mutations are deleterious.

This is incorrect. In large genomes like that of humans, most mutations occur in sequences that have no bearing on fitness. These are "neutral" mutations. Many of those that do affect fitness do so in a negative fashion, but there are also those that add fitness.

5 minutes ago, Alive said:

I am convinced that science will unveil more of our marvelous God and His Creation--such as it is.

I agree 100%. One of the things I love most about my job is learning about new scientific discoveries that show us more and more about His awe-inspiring creation!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.66
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

3 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

I have seen reports that mutation rates are increasing, but I'd like to see the report of exponential increase. It would be interesting to discuss.

This is incorrect. In large genomes like that of humans, most mutations occur in sequences that have no bearing on fitness. These are "neutral" mutations. Many of those that do affect fitness do so in a negative fashion, but there are also those that add fitness.

I agree 100%. One of the things I love most about my job is learning about new scientific discoveries that show us more and more about His awe-inspiring creation!

We are not going to agree on this. I understand this as that God has built into DNA/RNA and cells very specific information and that changing that information is a 'corruption'. This is the principle that guides my thinking. There is either a loss of information or a corruption of the way the information is processed. I think that 'man' the old Adam is far less than what he once was and that we continue to fade as corruption continues.

I will see if I can find that white paper later.