• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.11
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, dhchristian said:

HMM, sounds like a judgment on your part.

Really? How is it "judgement" to state that you don't know anything about me other than I accept evolution as a tool of God's creation, when you do not?

I Speak from a position of KNOWING YOU, because I was once like you

Regardless of what you once believed, you do not know me. It is false to claim so.

My son, despise not the chastening of the LORD; neither be weary of his correction: For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth. (Prov. 3:11-12)

I will accept correction from the Lord, not from one who thinks it appropriate to assume His role.

Edited by one.opinion

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

This is a good start, now produced the evidence that they disagree with Wood and Wise. "Talk is cheap. Produced the evidence." You aren't the only that can play the "produced the evidence" game.

The are or were  on the faculty  of ICR.  ICR would not have accepted them if they accepted evolution.

If you are really interested, goggle ICR Impact article #346, dated April 2002.

4 minutes ago, omega2xx said:

You have not presented any verifiable evidence.  You only present what you consider evidence.  Even you lizard example is not evidence of a new species.

I never claimed that the lizard examples was evidence of a new species. I claimed it was an example of evolution. I have given you verifiable evidence of evolution, and you don't want to see it.

7 minutes ago, omega2xx said:

I have accomplished my goal---show any who are still deciding what is true, they need to look at the other side before they make up their minds.

I see very little purpose  in us continuing to  debate this issue.

I have provided verifiable evidence that you made an incorrect statement. I can't blame you for wanting to drop the conversation.

Love, peace, and joy to you, as well.

2 minutes ago, omega2xx said:

The are or were  on the faculty  of ICR.  ICR would not have accepted them if they accepted evolution.

I want you to show me evidence. Otherwise, it is just your opinion.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  181
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

19 hours ago, omega2xx said:

Talk is cheap.  Produce the evidence.

https://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/0_0_0/evoscales_01

For geneticists and biologists, evolution is just change over time and many generations those changes can produce divergent species. That is blatantly obvious in the study of any genes.

People who have erected an artificial barrier between the evolution of other animals compared to man are doing so just to protect their belief we are different than other animals. But even now, if you do not come from African ancestry, the odds are incredibly high that you contain 1 to 2% Neanderthal genes in your DNA. The bible cannot explain that, but Paleoanthropology can.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  5,046
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

Barbarian observes:

Primarily because of the damage it does to Christianity.   Many people who might otherwise have come to Him, were turned away when they were told that creationism is a Christian doctrine.   Knowing that it couldn't be true, they assumed the rest wasn't true as well.   This is why it matters.    Those creationists who don't say that it's an essential doctrine, are not guilty of this, of course.    If they say "I personally believe this, but you don't have to believe it to be a Christian," then they are not at fault with God.

And that hold for those who accept evolution as well.   We should never say that one has to accept evolution to be a Christian.

10 hours ago, dhchristian said:

I Am sorry, but you lost all respect I had for you with this comment,

There is frequently ill-will on both sides, and sometimes partisans of one side or both sides don't want to accept that they are Christians who differ on this question.    Satan loves it when he can get you to deny the faith of other Christians.   I have no reason to doubt that you are a believer; don't let yourself be used for Satan's purposes.

9 hours ago, The Barbarian said:

You have no desire to know the Truth and are just a make believe Christian. Perhaps Darwin can find a way for you to evolve some more marbles? 

I have never said anything here that I don't believe to be true, and I have loved and worshiped God as long as I can remember.  

54 minutes ago, omega2xx said:

Neither Todd Wood nor Kurt Wise accept common descent, although both admit evolution, in the scientific terminology, happens.   They merely admit that there is very good evidence for common descent.

Wise openly declares that he puts his faith in his understanding of the Bible above the evidence.    I believe that's also Wood's position.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Eman_3 said:

https://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/0_0_0/evoscales_01

For geneticists and biologists, evolution is just change over time and many generations those changes can produce divergent species. That is blatantly obvious in the study of any genes.

People who have erected an artificial barrier between the evolution of other animals compared to man are doing so just to protect their belief we are different than other animals. But even now, if you do not come from African ancestry, the odds are incredibly high that you contain 1 to 2% Neanderthal genes in your DNA. The bible cannot explain that, but Paleoanthropology can.

Yes, this is true, but some creationists think Neandertals are also human.    One particularly odd creationist decided that they are either very, very old people or normal humans with rickets.   The first was debunked when it was shown that Neandertal children had the same characteristics and the second was debunked because Neandertal bones are much more robust than those of anatomically modern humans.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

1 hour ago, The Barbarian said:

A new Gallup poll shows, for the first time since the poll on this subject began, “a notable decline in the percentage of Americans — including Christians — who hold to the ‘Young Earth’ creationist view that humankind was created in its present form in the past 10,000 years, evolution playing no part.” According to the poll, taken in May, the portion of the American public taking the creation position now stands at 38%. Furthermore, fifty-seven percent accept the “scientific consensus that human beings evolved from less advanced forms of life over millions of years.”[ii] The poll reveals the largest factor in the shift is the jump in the number of Christians who see evolution as God’s way of creating life on Earth and continuing to shape it today.

This is a an argument ad populum, which is a logical fallacy.... because many agree does not make it right... same thing goes for the global warming "science". Truth stands alone as a voice above popular opinion. 

1 hour ago, The Barbarian said:

I think Bergman gets it wrong, though.   As more and more evidence surfaces (and possibly as creationist organizations try to change their doctrines to fit the new evidence) it becomes harder and harder for an intellectually honest person to be a traditional creationist. 

This is a sign of the falling away from the Truth that was prophesied in scripture. I asked @one.opinion to read the Letter to the Laodiceans in Revelation, I ask you the same. (Rev 3:14-22) Notice the descriptive used by Jesus at the outset of the letter, each of these letters has a different descriptive in them, and is part of the antidote for the spirit of the age, The Laodicean age being the spirit of the postmodern age we are living in and the terminal church age. The Malady of this generation is their denial of the need for anything from God Thinking they are in need of nothing, when in fact they "wretched, miserable,poor, blind, and naked". This is known as self deception. Lukewarmness is a mixture of partial belief and unbelief, and is the very reason why the terminal generation that was led out of Egypt by the supernatural acts of God almighty were denied entry into the Holy Land, and all died in the wilderness as they wondered there for forty years. Jesus promises similar to the Lukewarm of this terminal generation as well in that "I will spue thee out of my mouth."

Unbelief is the root of all sin. Partial unbelief is a stench in the nostrils of God. These are all biblical concepts. Your actions are bringing in false converts who have partial faith, and are giving them a false hope that the Word of God does not grant them.  Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. (2 Timothy 3:5)

Having a form of Godliness.... All this is, is the face of religion without the commitment, Half hearted believers, and when the trials of this world come they will be offended and turn away from the faith. I Know because this is what the Word of God promises... 

But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it; Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended. (Matthew 13;20-21)

The same is also true of the Prosperity Gospel being preached in these end times as well Which is the next verse in this parable....

He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful. (Matthew 13:22)

Again, a partial belief is received and takes root, But it is fruitless, choked out by the cares of this world. Both groups are forever stuck in partial unbelief, and Lukewarmness.

What then becomes of these half hearted believers, when they are offended? And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. (Matthew 24:10) Luke in the parallel passage to this adds.... And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death. (Luke 21:16), Paul writes: Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; (1 Tim 4:1)

So All of this points to a time, when you are going to be on one side of this debate or the other, you will be one of the ones falling away from the truth because you only half believed, Or you be on the side of those who have fully believed, and are betrayed by those half hearted brethren. Evolution is nothing more than a doctrine of the Devil, which denies the theistic God, and affirms the Deistic one. If You cannot see this, perhaps you should pray to God that he opens your eyes and gets some of the eyesalve in them that you may see (Rev. 3:18)

The Choice is Yours, It is not about me convincing you of YEC, But about you and the Heavenly Father coming to terms. I am just a watchman, I warn, and if I do not warn, your blood will be upon my hands, But if I do warn and you reject the warning the blood is upon your own hands. (Ezekiel 33). In My Opinion, We are very close to the time of the end, and I suggest that you prepare for his coming. At the very least meditate on these words here.

Again, these words come from someone who has been where you are at and believed the same way you do. You can move from being Lukewarm and overcome, IF you heed the warnings in that letter, and admit your complicity and seek His discipline and correction. This should answer the question what becomes of the deists, like yourselves here. Evolution is just a byproduct of that deism. Which side will you be on?

Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. (James 2:19) 

(Barbarian notes that more evangelicals are abandoning creationism as a result of increasing evidence for evolution)

26 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

This is a an argument ad populum, which is a logical fallacy.... because many agree does not make it right...

It merely means that people are paying attention to the facts, and are rationally evaluating the facts.   Same thing goes for the global warming; what matters is the evidence, showing that increasing carbon dioxide is overwhelming natural cycles, and warming the atmosphere.

I think Bergman gets it wrong, though.   As more and more evidence surfaces (and possibly as creationist organizations try to change their doctrines to fit the new evidence) it becomes harder and harder for an intellectually honest person to be a traditional creationist.    Creationism is a sign of the falling away from the Truth that was prophesied in scripture.

The Choice is Yours, It is not about me convincing you of YEC, But about you and the Heavenly Father coming to terms. I am just a watchman, I warn, and if I do not warn, your blood will be upon my hands, But if I do warn and you reject the warning the blood is upon your own hands. (Ezekiel 33). In My Opinion, We are very close to the time of the end, and I suggest that you prepare for his coming. At the very least meditate on these words here.

You've added new doctrines to His word, and insist that your fellow Christians must believe them to be saved.    That's very unwise; you won't lose your salvation for being a creationist, but you will put your salvation at risk if you make an idol of your new beliefs, and insist others must worship them.