• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.11
  • Days Won:  4

3 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

The Jewish people believed the six day creation in genesis, That is a FACT.

Ok, but that still doesn't change what the Bible says. It is also a FACT that none of the verses you quoted make the claim of a 144-hour creation. Maybe you can find some more cartoons to distract from what is obvious.

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  0

17 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

Ok, but that still doesn't change what the Bible says. It is also a FACT that none of the verses you quoted make the claim of a 144-hour creation. Maybe you can find some more cartoons to distract from what is obvious.

They all affirm the six day creation account, Because  that is the only theory they knew of....Don't you understand simple logic.

I could turn your statement around on you and say Jesus did not say the word "evolution" anywhere.... it's an absurd argument to make As is your point of a 144 hour creation. The six day creation IS the orthodox view. Any statements of the creation account Jesus or the apostles made regarding creation were pointing to the 6 day creation in genesis, as that was the only viable theory they had. They certainly did not have the choice to choose between young earth or old earth creationism as evolution and old earth creationism and Charles Darwin did not exist as an option in their culture, and day and age.

:th_frusty: 

7 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

I could turn your statement around on you and say Jesus did not say the word "evolution" anywhere....

That would be a really silly argument since I never claimed that Jesus and the apostles affirmed evolution.

Six-day creation was historically the predominant view. It was also once the predominant view, based on scripture, that the sky was a solid dome supported by pillars, that the earth was flat, and that the earth was stationary. Why do you suppose these views changed?

11 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

Any statements of the creation account Jesus or the apostles made regarding creation were pointing to the 6 day creation in genesis, as that was the only viable theory they had.

I think it is possible that Jesus did not set the record straight because the original audience of Genesis and His audience of listeners did not have the scientific knowledge base, and a prolonged explanation would only detract from the main point - God is responsible for all Creation. But what I do know is that the verses you used do not affirm a 144-hour creation, regardless of how many times you insist that they do.

In Mark 10:6, Jesus could have easily said something to the effect of "Since the creation week, God made them male and female", rather than "From the beginning of the creation". The passages just do not say what you want them to.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.42

47 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

That would be a really silly argument since I never claimed that Jesus and the apostles affirmed evolution.

Six-day creation was historically the predominant view. It was also once the predominant view, based on scripture, that the sky was a solid dome supported by pillars, that the earth was flat, and that the earth was stationary. Why do you suppose these views changed?

Another Logical fallacy on your part here. If A does not equal B, and A does not equal c, Therefore B does not equal C. There is no way any person with half a brain could make this assertion do, and as is the case with atheists, they Love making this one. Talk about absurd, and not very good science at that.

47 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

I think it is possible that Jesus did not set the record straight because the original audience of Genesis and His audience of listeners did not have the scientific knowledge base, and a prolonged explanation would only detract from the main point - God is responsible for all Creation. But what I do know is that the verses you used do not affirm a 144-hour creation, regardless of how many times you insist that they do.

So God Lied? I Would hope you are better than that? 

The Verse I quote affirm the six day creation because God DID NOT correct the record and say the he used evolution. Like I said he spoke the end from the beginning in scripture, just like he showed us in scripture Pangea and the dividing of the earth, 4000 years before science came up with the idea, Only we did not recognize it until we had the technology to see the whole earth and had the means to make measurements of the movement of Plate techtonics. Scripture also called the earth a circle long before science understood it, It said we are KNIT together in the Womb long before the discovery of DNA and The Double helix structure therof, It said the earth is fixed on pillars long before the stationary Orbit of the earth was understood by science, It spoke about the flood, long before scientists discovered punctuated equilibrium, It Spoke of the Variable speed of Light (VSL) thousands of years before Einstein postulated it, it Spoke of The expansion of the universe long before the big bang theory and telescopes discovered it, In Fact the very science you worship is based on the rationalism the Bible Brings and the testimony that it holds has been true and confirmed by science over and over again. Evolution, on the other hand denies the testimony of scripture, both Old and New Testaments which confirm that God created the earth in six days. As someone here mentioned earlier, Plants came a day before the sun, and since plants need photosynthesis to live, They would not last more than a day. Humans came into being as adults as scripture clearly states. Had they formed as children with no rational ability how would they have survived.... evolution paints a rosy picture, but one that contradicts the testimony of scripture, and is absurd, when you really deeply and philosophically think about it.

For example, at some point according to evolution, creatures began laying eggs as opposed to multiplying by cell division. What was that first egg, and how did it survive and be incubated and the parent know what to do with that egg? How in fact did that first creature know it had to lay the egg if its genetic makeup had never told him that in the first place. The answer is simple, God created them, as adults of their kind, just like Adam and eve were adults of their kind in one day, with the rational thinking and knowledge of how to survive and adapt to their environment.

And Like I said to Barbarian, I Know this is true, because I Know Him who is the creator, because he dwells within me. Perhaps that same thing is missing in your life as well, and Invite you to read those comments I wrote to Barbarian above. You might actually learn something.   

Edited by dhchristian

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,041
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

3 hours ago, dhchristian said:

At the time and culture these words were written in there was only the understanding of the six day creation,

You've been reminded that ancient Christians like St. Augustine demonstrated that the "yom" of the creation story could not represent literal days.   No point in denying the fact.

1 hour ago, dhchristian said:

I could turn your statement around on you and say Jesus did not say the word "evolution" anywhere....

Nor did He say that there were six literal days.  If we want to know that, we need to look to the evidence.   Which as you know, shows that they were not literal days.

5 hours ago, dhchristian said:

The difference between a Deist, and a theist is that the theist believes in the divine revelation of God, in that God is capable in a personal way of acting in our lives and we know him relationally for having done so in the course of our lives. A Deist believes in God as an original force in the creation process but he does not interfere with the natural evolution of his creation, therefore you will never know Him on a personal level. You acknowledge Him, yet you do Know Him.

Most creationists are not deists.    And of course, theistic evolutionists are theists.   Do you have a point?

Barbarian observes:

A literal six days has never been the orthodox understanding; in fact, orthodoxy doesn't demand either: literal and non-literal interpretations are within orthodoxy. 

5 hours ago, dhchristian said:

This is a blatant false statement (revisionist history) on your part.

Sorry, you have that wrong.   St. Augustine, as orthodox a Christian as you could hope for, pointed out that Genesis itself says that there could not be literal days.   However, there have always been dissenters from the prevailing view of Christians, and those dissenters are no less orthodox; the nature of the creation story is not a required doctrine for Christians.    You can hold either view and still be considered an orthodox Christian.

2 hours ago, dhchristian said:

80% of rapists come from fatherless homes

Actually, it's 60%.

Source: D. Cornell (et al.), Behavioral Sciences and the Law, 5. 1987

2 hours ago, dhchristian said:

this is a FACT, You may not like this fact

No, it's not a fact.   It's an error on your part.   You are denying a fact.

Barbarian, regarding problems with creationism:

Primarily because of the damage it does to Christianity.   Many people who might otherwise have come to Him, were turned away when they were told that creationism is a Christian doctrine.   Knowing that it couldn't be true, they assumed the rest wasn't true as well.   This is why it matters.    Those creationists who don't say that it's an essential doctrine, are not guilty of this, of course.    If they say "I personally believe this, but you don't have to believe it to be a Christian," then they are not at fault with God.

And that hold for those who accept evolution as well.   We should never say that one has to accept evolution to be a Christian.

5 hours ago, Eman_3 said:

I disagree

Doesn't matter.    You don't have to accept evolution to be a good Christian.   God doesn't care if you approve of the way He did it.   He'll judge you on other things that matter.

you are advocating ignoring the evidence and established facts.

I've been showing you the evidence.    You're entitled to your own opinion, but not to your own facts. 

I prefer to live my life as an honest man.

I don't think you're intentionally dishonest.    I think you're so invested in your new doctrines that you can't even tolerate other Christians not agreeing with you.

5 hours ago, omega2xx said:

You need a course  that explains the difference  between rhetoric and facts.

The facts presented in that post was from one of your fellow creationists.   I thought you knew.    Notice that Dr. Wood carefully distinguished between the facts (evidence) and the conclusions made from those facts (common descent).    He acknowledges that the facts are consistent with common descent, but supposes that there is another reasonable way to interpret them that has not yet been discovered.   

Notice that he points out the futility of arguing against the facts, or even (until a good alternative is presented) against the conclusions, which he recognizes as logical, even as he disagrees with them.

An honest creationist, being honest with himself.  

Edited by The Barbarian
  • Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

Another Logical fallacy on your part here.

I'm afraid you don't know what a "logical fallacy" is. I made a true statement about historical misinterpretation of the Bible. If I had said "others were wrong in the past, therefore evolution is true", now THAT would be a logical fallacy. 

32 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

There is no way any person with half a brain could make this assertion do, and as is the case with atheists, they Love making this one. Talk about absurd, and not very good science at that.

You are amusing :-) I'll be happy to discuss the scientific evidence for evolution with you, if you are interested.

34 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

In Fact the very science you worship

You sure don't shy away from making false statements, do you? I worship the One True God, who died for me and offered me reconciliation through the death of Jesus Christ and eternal life through His resurrection - no other.

40 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

I Know Him who is the creator, because he dwells within me.

The same is true of me. Perhaps the issue of when and how creation occurred is not as important spiritually as the acknowledgement of God as sole Creator.

• Thumbs Up 1