unworthyservant

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,181
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0

I heard it on the radio the other day, not accurate reporting?  If the articles I just found for you don't suit your inquiry, you can look up the topic yourself from here on.

God bless.

Edited by 1to3

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

17 hours ago, ayin jade said:

When liars start throwing it in everyones face, demanding everyone accept them, have pride parades, sue Christian businesses, then they would be addressed more sternly. 

When adulterers start throwing it in everyones face, demanding everyone accept them, have pride parades, sue Christian businesses, then they would be addressed more sternly. 

You get the idea. 

People such as liars, adulterers, and cheaters don't need to have pride parades. These practices are already widely embraced and accepted into most civilized societies as a whole. Just thought it was worth a mention. ;)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

33 minutes ago, 1to3 said:

I heard it on the radio the other day, not accurate reporting?  If the articles I just found for you don't suit your inquiry, you can look up the topic yourself from here on.

God bless.

I did that very thing and after reading the articles I returned here and saw where someone had beaten me to that but I'll just add that the world will always be doing things that Christians should not partake in but I believe it more prudent to go about God's work and leave conspiracies of this type to the non believers. Don't get me wrong, if Congress ever has a bill legalizing pedophilia, I'll certainly let my Senators know my opinion, then I'll pray to God, Not my will but thine. Then I'll go back to the work that God has for me at that time. Just makes life a lot simpler I find.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

1 hour ago, maryjayne said:

Where has it said people are trying to make sex with children lawful?

Polygamous sects have been trying to get the age lowered. 

A certain group of homosexual men have been trying to as well. 

Do a google search if you are interested. I cant bring myself to post articles about it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

17 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

People such as liars, adulterers, and cheaters don't need to have pride parades. These practices are already widely embraced and accepted into most civilized societies as a whole. Just thought it was worth a mention. ;)

And if the church had been firm ... perhaps it wouldnt be accepted. 

So if the church turns a blind eye now and says nothing, it too will be widely accepted.

• Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Topic Count:  229
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

18 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

And if the church had been firm ... perhaps it wouldnt be accepted. 

So if the church turns a blind eye now and says nothing, it too will be widely accepted.

It's unfortunate enough, and a poor example to the world that acceptance of the entire gay agenda has been embraced by several established denominations. Everyone knows who they are, and it's really a sad situation. At least there still seems to be a strong stand against pedophilia. Sorry for getting off-topic.  

Edited by BeauJangles

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

20 hours ago, unworthyservant said:

This is my take on God's vengeance or retribution on the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah and how it relates to sexual sin but there's another point to this and I want to begin with a story I may have already posted but that illustrates kinda cleverly the second point that will hopefully be clear by the time I'm done. 

The story is of a preacher from up north who had the opportunity to serve a one month trial period for a job with a church in KY. The deal was that he'd preach 4 sermons (one per week for a month) and then the deacons would decide if he got the job as full time pastor. Being an old fashioned prohibitionist teetotaler kind of fellow, he preached his first sermon on the evils of strong drink. After the service he was approached by the deacons who advised him that it was unwise to preach abstinence there as many of the congregation worked at the local distillery and some were farmers who sold their corn there. So, the next week he came back with renewed determination and preached on being good stewards of your money and mentioned the evils of gambling it. Again the deacons approached him and advised him to stay away from denouncing gambling because many of the congregation worked at the local racetrack and some were breeders whose horses raced there. SO, discouraged but still determined he came back the third time and this time he preached about how our body is the temple of the Lord and we shouldn't defile it with such nasty habits as tobacco. Guess what? Again the deacons protested because many of the congregation were tobacco farmers. The preacher was at a loss and asked "since you have objected to all three of my sermons, have you any suggestions? After a little thought they replied, "Why don't you preach on heathen witch doctors? We don't have any of those for miles around."

Now, I'll not elaborate on the story at this juncture but promise I'll bring it back around at the end. Now back to Sodom and Gomorrah. The cities of Sodom and Gomorrah have become synonymous with homosexuality to the point that Sodom is the origin of the word Sodomy. The only thing the Bible account of the incident tells us definitively about the sins of Sodom and Gomorrah is found in Genesis 18:20-21 where we read in the KJV:

20 And the Lord said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous;

21 I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know.

So, no particular sin is mentioned here and after the pleading of Abraham, although God doesn't turn His wrath from the cities, He agrees to save Lot and his family because of their faith. Then in Chapter 19, the story unfolds. To conserve space in what's becoming a lengthy discussion, I'll quote the only the parts relevant to this discussion. The story begins with Lot convincing the angels sent of God to come to his house and dine. Then in verses 4-11 we find the portion of the story that has for centuries linked the incident and thus the cities with homosexuality. The KJV reads

But before they lay down, the men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both old and young, all the people from every quarter:

And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.

And Lot went out at the door unto them, and shut the door after him,

And said, I pray you, brethren, do not so wickedly.

Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as is good in your eyes: only unto these men do nothing; for therefore came they under the shadow of my roof.

And they said, Stand back. And they said again, This one fellow came in to sojourn, and he will needs be a judge: now will we deal worse with thee, than with them. And they pressed sore upon the man, even Lot, and came near to break the door.

10 But the men put forth their hand, and pulled Lot into the house to them, and shut to the door.

11 And they smote the men that were at the door of the house with blindness, both small and great: so that they wearied themselves to find the door.

The key verse that links the story to homosexuality is found in verse 5. It starts with the fact that the question is "Where are the MEN which came in to thee this night" Much of the emphasis of those who use the story as a condemnation of homosexuality starts with the use of the masculine word "MEN" that's used by the town folk to refer to the Angels. Now, regardless of whether you ascribe to the idea that Angels have sexual identity or believe that it may simply be the inclination of the patriarchal society of the day to simply use masculine descriptions for them is really neither here nor there, as since the men outside identified them as male and wished to engage in non consensual sexual acts with them, their intent was indeed homosexual in nature. But the fact that it was non consensual constituted a sin in itself, and then the fact that it was fornication regardless of whether it was consensual or homosexual. So, there's three sins in one verse.I've heard others go on about how the sexual abuse of a stranger was a act of exercising power and not sexual but it's clear to me that even if the underlying end was a power trip it was through sexual sin that this was to be accomplished. So, what was really their sin (or sins, as related above) and why all the focus on the homosexuality when we can see three different sins in the same verse? The first question I can't answer beyond the three sexual sins that are found in this single act but as to how the homosexuality became the focus is related to the story that began this discussion. It's the idea of preaching on HEATHEN WITCH DOCTORS or in other words preaching a message that alienates as few as possible instead of the complete truth in God's word. It's a more convenient Gospel when you can lambast and curse the evil homosexuals and at the same time wriggle around the sexual sins that may hit closer to home. In Matthew Chapter 5 Christ tells us

"Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye."

Maybe that could be interpreted, get the sin out of your own life and your own church and only then can you go after the "Heathen Witch Doctors" or "Evil Homosexuals" I believe that sin is sin and if God ranks sin, I doubt that Homosexuality is any worse that Adultery or Fornication. I hear folks who rave that Homosexuality is worse because it's an "ABOMINATION" unto the Lord, but what really is the difference between an abomination and any other sin. It's something I'll not expand on but there are several Hebrew words in the Old Testament that were translated as abomination. The put it in perspective, the Blue Letter Bible search resource found 76 references to the word in 69 verses in the Old testament alone. Just in the Proverbs alone we read the following:

Unchecked Copy Box Pro 11:1 A false balance is ABOMINATION to the LORD: but a just weight is his delight.

Unchecked Copy Box Pro 11:20 They that are of a perverse heart are ABOMINATION to the LORD: but such as are upright in their way are his delight.

Unchecked Copy Box Pro 12:22 Lying lips are ABOMINATION to the LORD: but they that deal truly are his delight.

So, cheaters and liars are just as much an abomination to God as the Homosexual by that metric. So, why don't the same preachers scream quite as loud or put the same emphasis on cheating and lying? Again, I believe it's Heathen Witch Doctor syndrome. They're preaching a convenient Gospel instead of the full Word of God. It's a pretty deep dive I know, but it's just another example of how men monkey with God's word to make it suit their circumstances.  "Straight is the gate and narrow the way."

''"

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

Just now, angels4u said:

Hey, that isn't actually a literal question for me is it? I was busy listing Bible references when I noticed that you seem to be saying you have a new topic on it where you have already done what I was about to do here, list the Bible references. Yes?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

18 hours ago, missmuffet said:

The gay community has come out into the open. It was not that way years ago. No one wanted to admit they were gay. 

How right you are dear sister and its a major sign of the times .

For ye are as Sodom ,   they no longer hide their sin but celebrate it right in the streets .

We in that phase now .   What had occurred in Sodom .   INQUITY had raged full .

What are the key signs that inquity has abounded and judgment is right at the door .

Look at Sodom .    Number one it no longer hid its sin , but celebrated it RIGHT in the streets .

Number two .   Their was NO TOLERANCE for CORRECTION .

YE come in among us and now ye be a judge , WE will deal worse with you .

Whats wrong ,  SOUNDS LIKE TODAY and it will only get worse .

Visualize this .    Notice first that Lott had even offered them up his daughters  to not do so wickedly to those men etc .

Now visualize this .   And in the evening they surrounded the bakers shop .  ANd said , COME YE OUT and BAKE A CAKE FOR OUR WEDDING

And he replied , this I cannot do ,   I offer all sorts of things for all customers .  I would be happy to bake other things for you , only this I cannot do .

WE WILL DEAL WORSE WITH YOU NOW ,  and they took him to court . 

ITS the same mindset , ONLY ITS only going to get worse , AS the CHURCH JUST KEEPS on selling out .   

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

10 minutes ago, unworthyservant said:

Hey, that isn't actually a literal question for me is it? I was busy listing Bible references when I noticed that you seem to be saying you have a new topic on it where you have already done what I was about to do here, list the Bible references. Yes?

Did you click on the link?