• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

5 hours ago, 1to3 said:

My first question to you is how long have you been a christian?

Second question, does you wife know about you having many days of lusting over other women in your heart? thirdly , how do you think that makes her trust you as a being a faithful and loving christian husband towards her?

As true and faithful Christians living by true FAITH/Faithfulness in Him and His Word, we are called to practice living daily in Holiness  and FREE from sexual lusts of immorality by Gods word and heed to what Paul writes about in 1Thessolinians ch3

1 Thessalonians 4

A Life That Pleases God

Finally, our friends, you learned from us how you should live in order to please God. This is, of course, the way you have been living. And now we beg and urge you in the name of the Lord Jesus to do even more. For you know the instructions we gave you by the authority of the Lord Jesus. God wants you to be holy and completely free from sexual immorality. Each of you should know how to live with your wife in a holy and honorable way, not with a lustful desire, like the heathen who do not know God. 6 In this matter, then, none of you should do wrong to other Christians or take advantage of them. We have told you this before, and we strongly warned you that the Lord will punish those who do that. 7 God did not call us to live in immorality, but in holiness. 8 So then, whoever rejects this teaching is not rejecting a human being, but God, who gives you His Holy Spirit.

No matter how one tries to make it sound ok, especially as a christian,from a biblical perspective its not right or ok for a christian especially someone who calls themselves a "seasoned christian" to be in a continual -many days- struggle with lustful thoughts. Lustful thoughts can be overcome conquered through Christ Jesus so that they no longer become a constant fantasy in our head.

The bible states to be in continual battle with lust, the person may not really have the faith in God, that pleases Him, the kind of faith to ask God to help their stronghold of sin to be removed .

The greater emphasis on faith and how to achieve it in ones life without struggling: (look to ephesian ch6)

The Helmet Of Salvation, a helmet offers protection for the head. Not only righteousness which is of the heart. but a mind that knows the salvation of God and is submitted to Him is our armour. The mind that is not stayed upon God becomes a playland for satan's suggestions to pull away from the truth into areas of wrong decisions and actions. As  true christians our minds continually must be under the blood of Jesus which saved us from sin in the first place.

"For God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of POWER and love and of a sound mind." ( II Timothy 1:7)

A person who dwells on negative sinful lusts and remains proud to admit it being ok, will never amount to a positive power force for God. God Himself has told us what kind of thoughts we must hold.

Finally brethren whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure. whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report, if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8)

The Sword Of The Spirit.  The Sword of the Spirit which is the WORD of GOD. Truth not only a Christians standing place, it is our defense to cut down the attacks of the enemy when he comes against us. It is also our offensive weapon to cut into satan's very territory. We are completely sheltered safe and sheltered in God when we practice at all moments of our daily life focus on Him and His Word. and when temptations comes we right away employ His Sword of the Spirit to overcome it.

A christian who falls into sin needs to repent of it strait away and look to overcome that sin through putting on everyday His Helmet of Salvation and Sword of the Spirit= His word to fight satans vile attacks on us.

The word says no temptation is given to us that cannot be conquered through Christ.

1 Corinthians 10:13 : 12So the one who thinks he is standing firm should be careful not to fall. 13No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide an escape, so that you can stand up under it. 14Therefore, my beloved, flee from idolatry.…

No weapon formed against thee shall proper, and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment though shall condemn. this is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of Me says the Lord.(Isaiah 54:17)

Clothed in the full armor of God, prepared to stand despite the battle, we move on in our warfare from defensive to offensive to learn how actually to invade satan's territory and come away with unspeakable spoils of triumphant battle.Amen!

Whew! To paraphrase Mark Twain ( again).... “ The reports of my decadence have been greatly exaggerated!” I don’t think I spend much more time lusting than the other 66 year old men out there.Apologies if I gave anyone the wrong impression .

I was exaggerating — exaggerating to make a point .That point was to show homosexuals that even though their brand of sexual sin is a grievous  type, we are all sinners to one degree or other and nobody should be arrogant just because they were lucky enough to escape this particular one. “ There But by the Grace of God Go YOU.” Homosexuals need to know that there is hope and help out there for all of them that turn to God with a contrite heart and trust Jesus to show them mercy and save them- just like he did for us.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,213
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0

"I don’t think I spend much more time lusting than the other 66 year old men out there "

Hmmm old men out there living their lustful desires in old age Jeffrey Epstein age  66,  Jimmy Savile 84, Rolf Harris 89 years. Just saying...

How we choose to live our life and serve or not the lord is a choice.

God gives Grace to overcome trials and the marriage vows does not change according to what the bible has to say about it.

I just don't know how anyone who is a firm bible believing Christian who has faith and believes in Holy Scripture or is even familiar with the traditional wedding vows can come out with a statement that finding a sexual partner while the wife is still alive is ok. Obviously, we can all rationalize the legitimacy for our own comfort that would somehow make it OK to take on a lover if circumstances become very different or inconvenient. ... That's almost universal, but there's just no way you can get out of what Jesus says about marriage."  that line of thought  could lead people to interpret typical marital woes as proof that the spouse they married is symbolically dead, and they are therefore free to look elsewhere for sexual fulfillment.

"Obviously, you could do this for anything. ... My husband watches and plays video games, and so he has left the marriage and it's kind of like a death,"  "It's not death, and so we can't start describing things as death that are really not death, and we have to stop trying to mischaracterize what Scripture says for our own convenience."

Marriage is a lifelong commitment between a man and a woman that calls for faithfulness in the best of times and the worst of times. Quoting Corinthians, "The wife's body does not belong to her alone but also to her husband. In the same way, the husband's body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife. You can't quit your own body with Alzheimer's, so you shouldn't quit your husband's or wife's body either."

"While Alzheimer's certainly affects the dynamic of relationships, marriage vows are taken in sickness and in health."

There are many kinds of added support from friends and family, support groups and leaning on our faith in Christ that can help to cope and go through a period of trial in ones family/marriage life, that does not have to include finding a lover while the spouse is sick but still alive.

Sexual impulses can be controlled by Gods Mercy and Grace. God can and will fulfill our emotional needs and will do so during time of trials and duress. Nothing lasts forever, and patiently enduring life trials is what God has called us to do.

Edited by 1to3
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

7 hours ago, 1to3 said:

"I don’t think I spend much more time lusting than the other 66 year old men out there "

Hmmm old men out there living their lustful desires in old age Jeffrey Epstein age  66,  Jimmy Savile 84, Rolf Harris 89 years. Just saying.

I don’t spend my time wearing a rain suit, or hiding behind trees at the city park with a pair of binoculars , or run around with my tongue hanging out  Of my mouth.I don’t have any private islands dedicated for sexual pleasure either.I am referring to unclean thoughts of any type - they may or not be sexual in Nature.I have quoted Dear Abbey before .. “ We ALL have secret thoughts that would shame Hell” I have to admit that am  guilty of these thoughts on occasion .ALL covered by the Blood Of Christ .I think everybody struggles with shameful thoughts at times.How about  you?

13 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

How right you are dear sister and its a major sign of the times .

For ye are as Sodom ,   they no longer hide their sin but celebrate it right in the streets .

We in that phase now .   What had occurred in Sodom .   INQUITY had raged full .

What are the key signs that inquity has abounded and judgment is right at the door .

Look at Sodom .    Number one it no longer hid its sin , but celebrated it RIGHT in the streets .

Number two .   Their was NO TOLERANCE for CORRECTION .

YE come in among us and now ye be a judge , WE will deal worse with you .

Whats wrong ,  SOUNDS LIKE TODAY and it will only get worse .

Visualize this .    Notice first that Lott had even offered them up his daughters  to not do so wickedly to those men etc .

Now visualize this .   And in the evening they surrounded the bakers shop .  ANd said , COME YE OUT and BAKE A CAKE FOR OUR WEDDING

And he replied , this I cannot do ,   I offer all sorts of things for all customers .  I would be happy to bake other things for you , only this I cannot do .

WE WILL DEAL WORSE WITH YOU NOW ,  and they took him to court . 

ITS the same mindset , ONLY ITS only going to get worse , AS the CHURCH JUST KEEPS on selling out .   

I used to be a wedding photographer.Luckily I was never put in the position where I had to turn down somebody because the couple were homosexuals.Whatever happened as a  result, I would be willing to live with it.Nothing personal.......just a weak stomach.....

• Thanks 1