IGNORED

Waste of time?

Is it a waste and utter futility to set store by human romantic love? When we fall in love and marry, set up a whole life together with the object of our affections. We thus depend on our spouse and vice versa. Yet that love is always headed only one way. To death. We must lose our loved one. No human can give us eternal life. In fact we cannot even guarantee to always love. Our feelings go up and down, wax and wane. 

It is false security to think we can depend on our partner, family or any friend. We hurt one another, constantly let each other down. 

The only sure One is our triune God. The only real comfort is in the Bible. The only conversations that bring real reassurance are our prayers and communion with our Lord. 

I now set store by nobody. I be on good terms with all possible. But i do not expect any person to fulfill me. There is nobody. Only God. He is with me always. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,220
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  3

29 minutes ago, Melinda12 said:

Is it a waste and utter futility to set store by human romantic love? When we fall in love and marry, set up a whole life together with the object of our affections. We thus depend on our spouse and vice versa. Yet that love is always headed only one way. To death. We must lose our loved one. No human can give us eternal life. In fact we cannot even guarantee to always love. Our feelings go up and down, wax and wane. 

It is false security to think we can depend on our partner, family or any friend. We hurt one another, constantly let each other down. 

The only sure One is our triune God. The only real comfort is in the Bible. The only conversations that bring real reassurance are our prayers and communion with our Lord. 

I now set store by nobody. I be on good terms with all possible. But i do not expect any person to fulfill me. There is nobody. Only God. He is with me always. 

are you thinking of making something like a Nasserites vow ?

Numbers 6:1-27 the Nasserites vow

The word Nasserite comes from two Hebrew word: Nazir meaning to consecrate to reflect God’s glory and Nazar- to elevate above others. Putting the two Hebrew words together, it describes one who wants to be intense in his consecration to reflect God’s glory and be raised above the norm.

The Nasserite is saying I am willing to abstain from the legitimate pleasure of this life such as marriage in order to experience the superior pleasure of knowing God.I don’t want to live the ordinary Christian life. I want to burn for God, therefore I will separate myself from the ordinary in order to experience the extraordinary in God

The Nasserites would refuse any half-hearted consecration; they were hungry to go deep in God. They would press hard into God with spiritual violence. The Nasserites are not doing away with pleasure; they are simply pursuing a superior pleasure. You can choose to be single as a Nasserite and be completely fulfilled in God.

Among the Jews marriage is considered honourable. The Jews would get married in their early twenties. But in the case of a Rabbi, they would marry in their late 40’s  in order to give themselves more fully to the study of scripture and undistracted devotion to God. It was considered to be a sign of one’s great commitment to God. Jesus was a Rabbi. Paul was a Rabbi but he choose to remain single for the rest of his life in order to serve God with undistracted devotion.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,185
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

51 minutes ago, Melinda12 said:

It is a great and freeing thing to see that only Christ is one’s Savior and not man. To expect everything from Christ and nothing from man. 

It is true only truth and righteousness can be trusted fully. To never change and let one down. To learn by experience to always and only look to Christ for truth, righteousness and reality, frees one up to love the other person deeper and in a more real way, because it asks nothing, expects nothing out of them. So they are free to respond either good or bad and it matters not. Only righteousness and truth working through love matters and the expression. 

Be blessed as you become more free to love all, with God’s love. 

In Christ, Not me 

Edited by Not me
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,015
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

1 hour ago, Melinda12 said:

I wouldn't say it's a waste of time if God leads you to a spouse.   In that case, be thankful.  However, we should always put our relationship with Christ first.   As you noted, only God can fulfill us inwardly.   Then we will be more able to love others as we ought to do.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 3

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

2 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

I do tend to agree, and I feel that sad pain that comes thru the writer's words.

Yes, 20 years of pouring out ended with being discarded (last go-around). I understand the Edenic desires, but maybe on this earth it will not happen quite that way.

However, I do not loose hope because God is Good - all the time!

It is a pain filled path we all tread upon...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

There is only One in whom i trust 100% and that is the LORD..

With other humans we should not allow human faultiness to cause us to hate them or hate ourselves.. We should be loving and forgiving towards ourselves and others just as the LORD Jesus is loving , forgiving and long suffering towards humanity as a whole..

As for marriage too often people think that the draw of the initial attraction will keep them together and make things perfect... That's not how relationships work.. Relationships need to be worked upon with plenty of communication and forgiveness.. Having unrealistic expectations of a partner is a sure fire way for you to end up bitter and resentful..

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,220
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  3

Marriage is not for everyone

Quotes:

But Jesus said, "Not everyone is mature enough to live a married life. It requires a certain aptitude and grace. Marriage isn't for everyone.

Some, from birth seemingly, never give marriage a thought. Others never get asked or accepted. And some decide not to get married for kingdom reasons. But if you're capable of growing into the largeness of marriage, do it.

(Mathew 19:11-12 MSG)

Sometimes I wish everyone were single like me—a simpler life in many ways! But celibacy is not for everyone any more than marriage is. God gives the gift of the single life to some, the gift of the married life to others.

(1 Corinthians 7:7 MSG)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

I see the pain and hurt in your message. I see your point. It sounds like what Solomon says - Vanity! Vanity! But the matter of fact is that Lord commands us to love one another. Love everyone as we love ourselves. So Lord is not calling us to live a life of seclusion. It is absolutely important that Jesus is priority and our eyes are fixed on Him. At the same time, Lord is calling us to love each other as well. Husbands should love their wives. Wives should show their love through submission. These are words from Bible itself. Through the hurt and pain from wordly relationships, love should stand stall. I always wondered if the life on world is just a lesson (teaching experience) for everyone of us. The way we honor marital covenant through the fights, disappointments, envy, etc just reflects how God honors His covenant and shows unfailing love! When we think of relationships in this world - wife, mother, father, children, friends. These are the close ones. Each type represents one faucet of our Lord's love. Lord's love encompasses all these types and goes above and beyond. I will stop my rant! :)

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, ravindran said:

I see the pain and hurt in your message. I see your point. It sounds like what Solomon says - Vanity! Vanity! But the matter of fact is that Lord commands us to love one another. Love everyone as we love ourselves. So Lord is not calling us to live a life of seclusion. It is absolutely important that Jesus is priority and our eyes are fixed on Him. At the same time, Lord is calling us to love each other as well. Husbands should love their wives. Wives should show their love through submission. These are words from Bible itself. Through the hurt and pain from wordly relationships, love should stand stall. I always wondered if the life on world is just a lesson (teaching experience) for everyone of us. The way we honor marital covenant through the fights, disappointments, envy, etc just reflects how God honors His covenant and shows unfailing love! When we think of relationships in this world - wife, mother, father, children, friends. These are the close ones. Each type represents one faucet of our Lord's love. Lord's love encompasses all these types and goes above and beyond. I will stop my rant! :)

Oh i totally agree. Very wise answer thanks. 

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.78
  • Days Won:  21

The Hallmark movie lover in me says no but in all truthfulness I think it can be a large waste of time. I don't pursue anything and trust fully that if God wants me married then He will bring it to pass. I see many girls, especially my age and a bit younger, who are totally and completely consumed with finding their husbands. That is their only real objective in life. I like to think that life is about much more than your marital status. But who knows, I'm just a penguin.