IGNORED

Our Discipline

Guest Evgen

Matthew 12:43-45 & James 5:14

Q: Talking in a Church about discipline, we often hear the argument, This is not an army! What would you say to that?

A: If you mean the Believers are late to Church Services and Small Groups, it’s a sure sign that GOD is not First for them. As for that argument you hear, make sure the people know what they talk about. Verily, far not everyone has ever been to the military.

As for me, I’ve been there (don’t want anymore) and therefore may say better of those dumped years of mine. Sure, the Church of GOD is neither army nor navy and shouldn’t have anything to do with either their order or their disorder – both of the same evil origin.

Let’s consider these Scriptures to better understand the Discipline we need.

When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first... (Matthew 12:43-45)

...Ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and their great ones exercise authority upon them. But so shall it not be among you: but whosoever will be great among you, shall be your Minister: And whosoever of you will be the chiefest, shall be Servant of all. (Mark 10:42-44)

See also Matthew 20:25-28 & Luke 22:25-27.

Is any sick among you? let him call for the Elders of the Church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the Name of the Lord... (James 5:14)

So, what do you think is common in the above Verses?

Lo, in Spiritual Warfare there are regulations which quite resemble one another on both sides of the front line. Those regulations are not even close to those of worldly military. For the higher ranks in the spiritual realm presume a greater understanding, not a greater pride. For millenniums both fighting sides have seen their victories impossible without that kind of order & discipline.

(Christian Mind Ministry, Q & A, chapter 87)

Edited by Evgen
formatting