douge

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

Ezekiel 37:12 Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.

37:13 And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,

37:14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.

The LORD prophesied that he would open the graves of his people Israel and bring them into the land.

Matthew 27:50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.

27:51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

27:52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

27:53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

27:54 Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God.

When Jesus died on the cross the graves of the saints were opened. This was a fulfillment of the prophecy of Ezekiel 37:12.

The Lord made a new covenant with Israel and one of the promises is to bring Israel into the land (Ezekiel 36:24-28). Jesus came to confirm the promises made to the fathers (Romans 15:8). Jesus would have fulfilled the new testament if Israel had received him as Messiah, the Son of God and believed the gospel of the kingdom; under the new covenant Israel would have possessed the promised land.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,899
  • Content Per Day:  3.09
  • Days Won:  1

Amen