• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, unworthyservant said:

I believe that aside from the Parables Christ's teachings are to be taken literally (and He even gave a literal interpretation of several Parables) and that they apply equally to everyone of us all the time.

Would you mind explaining how you have implemented Christ's teaching's to you in your own life.
Like, do you have a family to support, a job, church etc, and how much, if any do you set aside
for unforeseen situations, and giving, helping taxes, car break downs, etc.
How does that equate to your giving of your time and money to help less fortunate.
In other words, do you take these 'literal interpretations' of Christ, and implement them into your life.
If so, How? Would be interesting.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, Sower said:

Would you mind explaining how you have implemented Christ's teaching's to you in your own life.
Like, do you have a family to support, a job, church etc, and how much, if any do you set aside
for unforeseen situations, and giving, helping taxes, car break downs, etc.
How does that equate to your giving of your time and money to help less fortunate.
In other words, do you take these 'literal interpretations' of Christ, and implement them into your life.
If so, How? Would be interesting.

The answer to the first three questions in no. The next 4 are $0. I am on disability and receive a SS check that's just enough to live month to month and save the $200 tax bill each year. So far the car has made it for 18 years with very few major repairs (the most expensive was when I was still working) (see God was watching) As for my time, while I don't usually have the means to get out and do much with my time these days, I do occasionally go and play music either at a local housing complex for needy folks or at an old folks home near here. (Have even played Gospel music in a couple of bars before abandoning that idea) Over the past few years I have learned to do what I can with what I have and God has now led me to the internet where I'm learning to serve in a whole new way and in a new generation. (years ago, I would have been reading the speech I tried to post earlier). I'm not sure what kind of service is for me on the internet but while I'm waiting for it to develop I came across this place and it's pretty easy as I learn it and I enjoy the discussions so, I'm just hanging out here awaiting God's direction.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, unworthyservant said:

The answer to the first three questions in no. The next 4 are $0. I am on disability and receive a SS check that's just enough to live month to month and save the $200 tax bill each year. So far the car has made it for 18 years with very few major repairs (the most expensive was when I was still working) (see God was watching) As for my time, while I don't usually have the means to get out and do much with my time these days, I do occasionally go and play music either at a local housing complex for needy folks or at an old folks home near here. (Have even played Gospel music in a couple of bars before abandoning that idea) Over the past few years I have learned to do what I can with what I have and God has now led me to the internet where I'm learning to serve in a whole new way and in a new generation. (years ago, I would have been reading the speech I tried to post earlier). I'm not sure what kind of service is for me on the internet but while I'm waiting for it to develop I came across this place and it's pretty easy as I learn it and I enjoy the discussions so, I'm just hanging out here awaiting God's direction.

Sorry about your disability. I wouldn't know what to do if I couldn't work.
Even when sick, I find it very difficult to stay in bed and rest.
The reason I ask what you do/have done is to get a picture of how you might view life, as you experience it.
When I read some of your posts, I wonder how does this guy do all the things he says I should be doing?
I have as my responsibility, like so many others here, a spouse, kids, and plenty grand kids. Family.
I also have a church, and a church family. And health.  I'm blessed beyond measure. I know it. And I praise God.
There is a scripture that says, 'To whom much is given, much is required'. (little did I know)
With mouths to feed, house to keep up, yard, cattle fences,  shop, my small self employed business and
spouse own business, doctors and meds, taxes, more taxes, shop work(income) and church work days(more income-spiritual), Sunday worship(sorry),
men's bible study, Awanas, other ministries, car and truck maintenance and gas oil tags insurance internet electric
gas water bills, helping some to build daughters homes, etc etc ad nauseam. Did I mention taxes?
My retirement, or 401K, is my shop and tools. And my Lord continuing my health to work. Wife is turning 70yr, I'm turning 73.
Have yet to finish completing  the house the Lord built for us (only took us about 35yrs, so far, in my extra time), or the well pump house, or the shop, etc etc etc.
I hear you preaching that I sorta need to help others more, to not spend my extra money on myself, but give it to those
who do not work, who need my "extra"money more than I do. The literal translation of Jesus, I think you said.
I do not like exposing these personal matters, but I think someone should inform you, we don't all have six figure incomes,
 we don't all have a the government check coming in monthly, except some of my tax money coming back that I have been sending/giving them the last 60yrs, and still do.
Much of that money, goes to those who cannot do for themselves. And that's cool, for those who really need it.
Would rather be helping than needing help :)
But I do not think you have a clear picture of how most of the middle income  working families are struggling to make ends meet.
I do believe most people could be doing more to help others, myself included. But there are so so many, eternally in need, and their rights with their hand in my pocket, taking my hard earned income, and getting free housing, food stamps, phones etc, subsidies, etc etc etc..........
“The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.” —Thomas Jefferson

WAGON PULLERS

Do you know the one about the wagon pullers"
Our country has been going through changing times.
Seems there has always been about 10% of the people that are in need, the handicapped, elderly, sick or infirm, etc.
We could say they have to "ride in the wagon". The able bodied "pull the wagon". Life in America.
But things have changed. Some of the wagon pullers decided they would rather ride than pull.
They figured out how to get a 'special' ticket to become qualified to ride.
So more then started to ride in the wagon, therefore, there were less pullers.
TODAY, only 49% of tax eligible Americans  citizens   people, actually pay taxes.
So, what that means is, there are more people riding in the wagon, than available wagon pullers!
It's becoming harder, and it's taxing!!   (pun intended)
Those that do pay, are paying for themselves as the income earner, and supporting for  non income earner.

I sorta don't enjoy it when someone lays a guilt trip on me. I could be deserving of it though,
as I have not left my family and all my responsibilities to 'serve' my Savior.
I don't think that is what God wants me to "literally" do, unworthyservant.
I believe I'm in His will if I take my wife to the coast together and catch a few trout, hit the surf, and kick back a few days.
Jesus even did the same with His apostles. (He could clean and cook fish on the beach too:)
I think you are preaching to the choir here, unworthyservant.
I was going to hit you up for a few dollars, preaching like you were.
But I'm going to intercede for you instead, and ask God to grant you great healing mercy,
and work that you would be capable of, and a ministry to bless you.

God is Light.   You can not out give God.  

Work is the best narcotic

Joni Eareckson Tada (born October 15, 1949) is an evangelical Christian author.
In 1967, a diving accident, she became a quadriplegic, paralyzed from the shoulders down.

During Tada's two years of rehabilitation, according to her autobiography Joni, she experienced anger, depression, suicidal thoughts, and religious doubts. However, during occupational therapy, learned to paint with a brush between her teeth and began selling her artwork. She also writes this way, although for most writing tasks she relies on voice recognition software. To date, she has written over forty books, recorded several musical albums, starred in an autobiographical movie of her life, and is an advocate for people with disabilities.

A quadriplegic for a half century, working, and then some. 
(She appreciates your prayers, fighting cancer and breathing issues, but holding her own:)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

THE PARABLE OF THE TREASURE. (Matt. 13: 44)

Many Christians have been taught to read God`s word as all about themselves. It is not. It is all about the Lord, His character and His purposes for - the Body of Christ, for Israel and for the nations.

In this passage, Matthew 13 we see the Lord talking to the people of Israel concerning the promise of God for rulership through them as a nation over the nations of the world. The `kingdom of heaven,` is the rulership from heaven through Israel. Daniel spoke of this time - `the God of heaven will set up a kingdom,` (Dan. 2: 44) This is shortened to `the kingdom (rule) of heaven.`

This will be in the millennium when God will rule through Israel over the nations. This is the rulership, (kingdom) that Israel was promised and was looking forward to. Jesus used parables to remind Israel of God`s promises. All the parables point to the type of rulership God will set up and who will be there.

The Parable of the Treasure.

`The kingdom (rule) of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and hid; and for joy over it he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field. ` (Matt. 13: 44)

`Now therefore , if you will indeed obey my voice and keep my covenant, then you shall be a SPECIAL TREASURE  to me above all people; for all the earth is mine.` (Ex. 19: 6)

Earlier in the parables the Lord said that `the field is the world,` (Matt. 13: 38) Then in Exodus we read that the Lord regards Israel as His special treasure.

So it is that God gave His all, His Son to fulfil the covenant, that Israel could not fulfil. God `sold all,` to redeem Israel His treasure. 

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, maryjayne said:

What instrument do you play?

Mandolin