How do i get closer to God?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I know that i am a child of God and i am saved with the blood of Jesus, but i want to be closer to Him. I want to know that what i do is His will and i want to be led by Him.

But i don't know how to start, how do i get close to God and be led by Him? I want to rejoice in the spirit and not the things of the flesh because i know that what God has is better, but how do i be led by God? I need God to lead me and to help me and to show me His ways because i cannot do good things without Him.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

Shalom @Filip

I believe the answer is a lot easier than you think.  All the things you are searching for can be found in reading the Bible with the right heart attitude... 

Please check out this webpage for a full but brief breakdown to get you out of this rut. https://faithandtheword.com/bother/reading/ 

With the right dedication and heart towards His Word, you will get closer to Him, know His Will, be led by Him and rejoice in your spirit every day. It definitely will happen but not if we're too passive to His Word. Hopefully the webpage will help you understand that point. 

Take courage. The moment you posted such a worthy thread, the closer you are to the solution, so good job. He will see your heart on this matter and will reward you, if you continue to seek Him with your all. 

Love & Shalom 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,381
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

James 4:8 tells us that if we draw closer to God that He in turn will draw closer to us. That means prayer, seeking God, obedience, carrying out His will, and other things. It's important to have fellowship with other believers as well for a multitude of reasons. Closeness tends to come with time spent and experience. As you walk with God, go through various challenges in life, and see Him carry you through a sense of closeness will certainly come. It can help to look at testimonies and praise reports, too.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

2 hours ago, Filip said:

but how do i be led by God?

Study the bible, I've read it or listened to it over 200 times, I may have hit 3 but it doesn't matter, you'll meet a lot of people and pastors in church, but you don't know who's telling the truth unless you've studied the bible, and there's a lot of liars who want your money or to have you go to their church.

Proverbs chapter 9 verse 11

For through wisdom your days will be many, and years will be added to your life.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

5 hours ago, Filip said:

I know that i am a child of God and i am saved with the blood of Jesus, but i want to be closer to Him. I want to know that what i do is His will and i want to be led by Him.

But i don't know how to start, how do i get close to God and be led by Him? I want to rejoice in the spirit and not the things of the flesh because i know that what God has is better, but how do i be led by God? I need God to lead me and to help me and to show me His ways because i cannot do good things without Him.

Years ago, I wanted the same thing, so I simply got down and prayed, and poured my heart out to GOD about the closeness I would love to have with Him, and know His will and plan for me. I was patient for His answer and God was faithful to answer, and we are so very close now and several times He has revealed His will for me in serving, as the seasons in my life have changed.

Simply an AWESOME GOD !! :thumbsup:

Edited by Seasoned by Grace
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

4 minutes ago, Seasoned by Grace said:

Years ago, I wanted the same thing, so I simply got down and prayed, and poured my heart out to GOD about the closeness I would love to have with Him, and know His plan for me. I was patient for His answer and God was faithful to answer, and we are so very close now and several times He has revealed His will for me in serving, as the seasons in my life have changed.

Simply an AWESOMW GOD !! :thumbsup:

Thank you brother, this helps my faith.

Edited by Filip
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

5 minutes ago, Filip said:

Thank you brother, this helps my faith.

God bless you as you continue in your walk with Christ and your service to our KING - Dave

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

5 hours ago, Filip said:

I really admire a heart such as this. Some really terrific and wise counsel has been freely given here, so I say roll with it, bro. God bless you!

Psalm 37:3-5

3Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness. 4Delight yourself in the LORD, and He will give you the desires of your heart. 5Commit your way to the LORD; trust in Him, and He will do it.…
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

If you want to be close to a friend what do you do?

Don't you spend time with them, learn about the things they are interested in, do the things they do?

It is the same with God. Spend time reading, studying, learning the Bible. Read theological books, spend time learning about Christianity. Heard of operation world? Open Doors? Missionary organisations?

How can you pray for Christians around the world if you are ignorant.

Be regular every week at church, the prayer meetings.

At work/school carry and leave inview what ever Christian book you are reading or your Bible. Be ready to talk about it.

• Thumbs Up 2