Debp

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

I watch NHK (Japan) news fairly often.   They have mentioned a couple of times that China has abandoned their one child policy.   This is mainly due to their aging population and concerns about the economy.

However, according to NHK, it seems that now Chinese young people don't really want more than one child.   They feel it costs too much and they prefer to lavish the money on their only child.   So the one child policy has now backfired on China.

https://www.brookings.edu/articles/the-end-of-chinas-one-child-policy/

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

I wonder if this two-child law is in response to the documentary One Child Nation that's coming out soon exposing the horrors of forcing every couple in China to have only one child.

•  The forced abortions.
  •  The literal killing of babies after birth.
  •  The zero-tolerance policy even for twins.
  •  The abandoning  babies to die.

I saw the trailer - just the trailer was shocking and I even knew about his policy.   I am interested in seeing the whole thing.  

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, Debp said:

I watch NHK (Japan) news fairly often.   They have mentioned a couple of times that China has abandoned their one child policy.   This is mainly due to their aging population and concerns about the economy.

However, according to NHK, it seems that now Chinese young people don't really want more than one child.   They feel it costs too much and they prefer to lavish the money on their only child.   So the one child policy has now backfired on China.

Knew a man who him and his wife adopted a little girl from China. Her risk of surviving was next to nothing since she was a girl and her parents did not want her. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Jayne said:

I wonder if this two-child law is in response to the documentary One Child Nation that's coming out soon exposing the horrors of forcing every couple in China to have only one child.

I don't think so.   Apparently the two child law has been in effect for a few years now.   It seems the aging population in China is the main reason for the new law.

Japan also has mostly a senior citizen population.   They have to actively recruit young people from other countries to work in Japan.   They recruit for business and other type of work....but they also actively recruit people to care for senior citizens.   They even offer training to foreigners because they need young people in the work force so badly.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

9 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Knew a man who him and his wife adopted a little girl from China. Her risk of surviving was next to nothing since she was a girl and her parents did not want her. 

You can adopt boys from China - but they only give you the handicapped ones or sick ones.  I have two couple friends.  One adopted a boy missing his hand and the other a boy with multiple, but relatively treatable health problems.

I found one thing interesting in following their journeys.  The Chinese government puts those who want to adopt through a grueling inspection - your own health, your own status and ability to financially upkeep a family, and lots more.  And, it is wildly expensive.

They don't want the girls and handicapped boys, but they surely put prospective adoptive parents through the ringer.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, Jayne said:

You can adopt boys from China - but they only give you the handicapped ones or sick ones.  I have two couple friends.  One adopted a boy missing his hand and the other a boy with multiple, but relatively treatable health problems.

I found one thing interesting in following their journeys.  The Chinese government puts those who want to adopt through a grueling inspection - your own health, your own status and ability to financially upkeep a family, and lots more.  And, it is wildly expensive.

They don't want the girls and handicapped boys, but they surely put prospective adoptive parents through the ringer.

I knew a lady and her husband who was adopting a child from Vietnam, that was a horribly difficult process. It was extremely expensive. They never did get the child. 

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  533
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,399
  • Content Per Day:  4.99
  • Days Won:  206
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

They have also found the policy has resulted in men being unable to find brides  surprise surprise  as they outnumber women but a huge majority 

• Haha 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

On 8/24/2019 at 12:06 AM, Debp said:

Ha! Westernworlditis. They're gonna have to import a bunch of Muslims, just like the rest of us, or watch their economy shrink. :D

1 hour ago, ladypeartree said:

They have also found the policy has resulted in men being unable to find brides  surprise surprise  as they outnumber women but a huge majority 

True, as many in some countries want male children as the male child will support them financially and also take care of them.   Traditionally the groom's parents will live with the couple.   A bride goes to live in the groom's household, with her in-laws....leaving her parents unsupported, unless they have a male son, too.

I do have friends from Bangladesh and also India who have all daughters....but since they are educated and live here, they are very happy with their daughters!