IGNORED

is it just me

Guest Hntr

ok so i just have one question thats been nagging me. i really want to have a good relationship with god but it seems that i cannot. i feel like i am so close but so fare from him. i need help getting to know him better and i have this longing to know him. i want to feel him in my heart and life. I want to rededicate my life to Jesus but i dont know how to or where to start. any advice

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

13 minutes ago, Hntr said:

ok so i just have one question thats been nagging me. i really want to have a good relationship with god but it seems that i cannot. i feel like i am so close but so fare from him. i need help getting to know him better and i have this longing to know him. i want to feel him in my heart and life. I want to rededicate my life to Jesus but i dont know how to or where to start. any advice

First of all ask Jesus Christ into your life to be your Lord and Savior. Know that He died on he cross for your sins. Read your Bible. You may want to start with the book of John to get a good look at who Jesus Christ is. Have a daily relationship with Christ. Pray everyday. Read your Bible everyday and do your best to be obedient to Christ. Do you attend a Church? You may want to find a good Bible believing Church. A Church who preaches the true word of God. God knows your heart. If you are sincere about wanting to be a child of God He will know that. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

1 hour ago, Hntr said:

Hi Hntr,

I hear these phrases `I feel, ....I want to feel him...` That is not how we come to God. Feelings come and go and are not the basis of our relationship with God. We get to know about God by reading His word and finding out about his character and purposes. Is he trustworthy, faithful, caring etc. When we read about Jesus when he was on earth we get a closer picture of how God is, how he cares for people, how he deals with opposition, how he could have called a legion of angels to help him when on the cross etc. Learn about his character and then you will learn to trust him for guidance in your own life.

Everyday, start with thankfulness for what you have, family, friends, etc, and learn to heed when the Lord highlight`s some wrong behaviour to you. Repent, ask for forgiveness and then go on knowing that you are listening and obeying the Lord. It is a day by day, step by step, walk with the Lord who knows you intimately, and desires to guide you through life, so that you mature and not get tossed by feelings and winds of the world.

praying, Marilyn. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

41 minutes ago, Hntr said:

Read His Words and Believe them....

John 6: KJV

63 "It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life."

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

2 hours ago, Hntr said:

i feel like i am so close but so fare from him. i need help getting to know him better and i have this longing to know him.

Shalom @Hntr

You are seeking a great thing.  I applaud you for your goal and honesty.

The answer is within the Word.  Once you form a "healthy relationship" with the Bible, it will both help you get closer to Him and help you to know Him better.  The  whole Bible, not just the New Testament.  As you do this, the Holy Spirit will teach you things you didn't see in the text before - continually.

You can learn more about how this works and about Biblical Mediation, which will also help you, by visiting: faithandtheword.com/bother/reading/

Keep asking, seeking and knocking.  I think you are on the verge of breakthrough to another level.  Stay persistent seeking His face.

Love & Shalom

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09

Start with fasting, choose two days a week where you do the fasting. For example, after lunch you dont eat anymore until next lunch tomorrow, drinking is allowed, or you can try vegan food.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

51 minutes ago, Hntr said:

Hi Hntr,   I'm wondering why you say you can't have a close relationship with God even though you want to? I hope it's not cuz other people are preventing you. Since you're a new believer I'm assuming you don't know exactly what having a relationship with the Lord means. Quite honestly, I don't think it means the same thing for everyone at all times of their life. I'll say this, don't rely on others to affirm your salvation to God. I made that mistake as a newbie. It's probably why I spent yrs doubting my salvation. I didn't get saved the way most Christians do and my life has not been a typical Christian life. For example, even back in grammar & middle schools many or most of my friends were Jewish. Even now as a Senior Citizen one of my closest friend's is a Jewish man from Iraq. One way I know I'm saved is cuz 20 yrs ago I decided I want to be like Enoch. He was said to have walked with God, but what does that mean. I found out what it means but God showed me through many hours of reading the Bible. I spend most of my time in the OT because I have the NT down. Don't take my words wrong, salvation comes only through Jesus, the only begotten Son of the Most High God, and yet I find the OT so rich & necessary to understand the Father and Jesus, even the Holy Spirit. Since I'm both single and retired I spend most of every day either listening to the Word, watching videos about God or the Word, and I come here once a week. Tonight, you caught my attention. If you want to ask me anything feel free to send me a PM.

God Bless

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Days Won:  0

Forget feelings and start by talking to your minister, he will guide you,lendyou heavy theological books to read and guide you in being practical in your relationship with God.

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

4 hours ago, Hntr said:

Ignore most theology. Do not get into a works based mindset. Believe and trust. There is many a quicksand out there just waiting for you to put a foot wrong. Trust in God alone, and have patience.

Just BELIEVE on the Lord Yeshua God's Messiah, and TRUST. Tell him often. Read John and remember that there is NOTHING you can do to impress the Lord High God except belief and trust in His Son and His words about him. God is PLEASED when we Trust, Have faith and believe in Him. Our faith in Him pleases Him, but nothing we do impresses Him in the slightest. He did it all. Accept that and understand it well.

• Thumbs Up 1