Yeshua153

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

There are many who do this, without applying their own study to confirm what they have been taught or told. I want to cover 1000yr reign, The 144000, 2 witnesses, new Jerusalem, scorpions, dispensation, rapture, 7yr tribulation, all of which have been largely misinterpreted.

I will start with what most believe to be a 1000yr reign. In Rev20, 1000 is chilia in greek, & for those with  an interlinear bible, you will see that this is plural, so at least 2000yrs. We have been in the millennium since Acts2 v16-17, where Joel said "...in the last days, says God, that I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh..." (gentiles), which started there at pentecost. 2Pet 3v8 says a day is a 1000yrs, & a 1000yrs is a day in God's eyes, last 2 days, 2000yrs, up to present day.

I have to cut this short, but will continue....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

The 1000 years will start on the day of the return of our LORD Jesus Christ.. The millennium is still a future event..  Read from Revelation 19: verse 11 to the end of Revelation chapter 20 and you will see the chronological order of events. Covering the return of Jesus and the battle of armageddon to the 1000 year reign of Jesus with His saints and at the end of the 1000 years the final satanic rebellion and then the last judgement and reading on into Revelation 21 the coming out of heaven of our eternal home the New Jerusalem..

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  6,625
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, Yeshua153 said:

I will start with what most believe to be a 1000yr reign. In Rev20, 1000 is chilia in greek, & for those with  an interlinear bible, you will see that this is plural, so at least 2000yrs.

Actually that's not true in the text. It's probably speaking to the individuals of the group that each reign for a thousand years. 

"

(figuratively) emphatic, total inclusiveness, showing no one (nothing) is left out. See also "the Millennium" in the HELPS prophecy-guide.

["Ten" in Scripture can already express the symbolic meaning "completely" (inclusively) so 5507 (xílioi) as the cube of 10 ("a thousand") powerfully stresses the meaning "full/inclusive" (totality).]

"

Not that it could not be more than 1000 years, just that Jesus is speaking to the idea of all inclusive events with a millennium of parallels: One where there is a monarchy and one of imprisonment. In that sense there would be two thousand years, two thousand year periods running parallel.

3 hours ago, Yeshua153 said:

2Pet 3v8 says a day is a 1000yrs, & a 1000yrs is a day in God's eyes, last 2 days, 2000yrs, up to present day.

Yeah, not really. Peter took that quote from here, "For a thousand years in thy sight [are but] as yesterday when it is past, and [as] a watch in the night." - Psalm 90:4

So we then have two options, a day or a watch in the night. Most seize upon the equivalency of day = 1000. But Moses seemed to think it was also equivalent to a 2-6 hour period in the night.

This simply says God is not bound by time and that we cannot reckon God's existence in relation to our own in terms of time. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.42

6 hours ago, Yeshua153 said:

There are many who do this, without applying their own study to confirm what they have been taught or told. I want to cover 1000yr reign, The 144000, 2 witnesses, new Jerusalem, scorpions, dispensation, rapture, 7yr tribulation, all of which have been largely misinterpreted.

I will start with what most believe to be a 1000yr reign. In Rev20, 1000 is chilia in greek, & for those with  an interlinear bible, you will see that this is plural, so at least 2000yrs. We have been in the millennium since Acts2 v16-17, where Joel said "...in the last days, says God, that I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh..." (gentiles), which started there at pentecost. 2Pet 3v8 says a day is a 1000yrs, & a 1000yrs is a day in God's eyes, last 2 days, 2000yrs, up to present day.

Welcome to the prophecy Forum,

As you can see your theories will be challenged. I am guessing, but since you have not finished your post yet, that you are a preterist, and I look forward to hearing your opinion here. Just so you know, You will take a lot of criticism, But there is a wonderful blessing to the preterist line of eschatology that all here will benefit from. My Mom was a preterist (partial), I am a dispensationalist, But not a hyper-dispensationalist. I Believe in a dual fulfillment of the rapture, One that is spiritual, and one that is physical and yet to come, Just like the Kingdom of God has this dual fulfillment. I Will probably take grief for this as well.

Wish you well presenting your theories.   

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

11 hours ago, Yeshua153 said:

Many do not read the book of Revelation literally as God wants them to do. They give their own interpretation and their own words to the book of revelation.  The key to reading the book of Revelation correctly is consistent hermeneutic.  You are going to have a difficult time with this thread.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Days Won:  4

19 hours ago, Yeshua153 said:

Sorry, but men far smarter than you or I - people that have translated the entire bible - translated it as a (1) thousand years. i will certainly trust them more than you - unless you have translated the entire bible. Is thousand more than one? Certainly it is. It is therefore a plural word.

Next, you err in when it will begin. Most will not agree, but I think the millennial change will come at the exact midpoint of the week - marked by the 7th trumpet.

7 hours ago, Oseas Ramos de Siqueira said:

The letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Spirit teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Does this have anything to do with the 1000 years?

7 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Many do not read the book of Revelation literally as God wants them to do. They give their own interpretation and their own words to the book of revelation.  The key to reading the book of Revelation correctly is consistent hermeneutic.  You are going to have a difficult time with this thread.

Miss Muffet is a prophetess!  ;-)  I agree with her.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

4 hours ago, iamlamad said:

Miss Muffet is a prophetess!  ;-)  I agree with her.

Thanks but I am not a prophetess :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

17 hours ago, dhchristian said:

Welcome to the prophecy Forum,

As you can see your theories will be challenged. I am guessing, but since you have not finished your post yet, that you are a preterist, and I look forward to hearing your opinion here. Just so you know, You will take a lot of criticism, But there is a wonderful blessing to the preterist line of eschatology that all here will benefit from. My Mom was a preterist (partial), I am a dispensationalist, But not a hyper-dispensationalist. I Believe in a dual fulfillment of the rapture, One that is spiritual, and one that is physical and yet to come, Just like the Kingdom of God has this dual fulfillment. I Will probably take grief for this as well.

Wish you well presenting your theories.   

No, I'm not a preterist, calvinist, or any 'ist'. I don't mind being challenged, but I've been under most of the theories, from my putting up with all the different denominational churches, before God finally teaching me His truth. By the way denomination comes from denomos, meaning no law, as men make their own laws, & do their manmade rituals, & celebrate pagan festivals, & put Christ's name to them.

Anyway, back to finishing about the 1000yrs. When Christ comes at the last (7th) trump, & puts 1 foot on land, & other on the sea, Rev10v2 then in v6 declares time is no longer & v7 the mystery of God would be ended, as in the last elect sheep enters His fold. As the mystery is the church. 1Cor 2v7. Sin has run its course, no 1000yrs more, into eternity.

For the last 2000yrs, God has made us, His elect, kings & priests, Rev 1v6, & further in Rev5v10, & we shall reign on the earth. It makes no sense to have a 1000yrs after this, to what, give people another chance, goats will always be goats, & sheep will always be  sheep, we may stray a lot, but God brings us back. So called christianity says you can say a prayer & invite Christ in your heart, one day & you get saved, that's false gospel, heralded by Billy Graham & the like. Was he ever hated, like the disciples, no, he was loved by the world, well James 4v4 begs to differ; "Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God."

Edited by Yeshua153