• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,537
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 8/24/2019 at 3:15 AM, Melinda12 said:

I am so ashamed and know i am such a sinner. But i am joyful because i am aware of how the answer is always to follow Jesus. Our beloved wonderful merciful Shepherd. 

Sing to Jesus Lord of Our Shame

"Come and see, look on this mystery
The Lord of the Universe, nailed to a tree
Christ our God, spilling His Holy blood
Bowing in anguish, His sacred head

Sing to Jesus, Lord of our shame
Lord of our sinful hearts
He is our great Redeemer
Sing to Jesus, Honor His name
Sing of His faithfulness, pouring His life out unto death

Come you weary and He will give you rest
Come you who mourn, lay on His breast
Christ who died, risen in Paradise
Giver of mercy, Giver of Life

Sing to Jesus His is the throne
Now and forever
He is the King of Heaven
Sing to Jesus, we are His own
Now and forever sing for the love our God has shown

Sing to Jesus, Lord of our shame
Lord of our sinful hearts
He is our great Redeemer
Sing to Jesus, Honor His name"     - Fernando Ortega

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  16

there are two posts I made in a thread that make a start explaining how the Law is fulfilled in Him if anyone is interested. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,015
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

1 hour ago, Betha said:

FOCUS ON YASHUA !!!

Yes, focus on Jesus, don't focus on Sabbath keeping.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  16

7 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

Thank you. THANK YOU!!! I have read the entire linked thread. Thank you for highlighting it.

sis that's one of the most fundamentally life changing revelations He's ever shared with me...a am sincerely blessed you found some value in  it

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

I always thought this one had top priority as it's first on the list. 

1. Thou shalt have none other gods before me.
Edited by BeauJangles
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, unworthyservant said:

sufficient to answer this phrase, "the heart of the earth", in distinction from the surface of it; but some difficulty arises about the time of his continuing there, and the prediction here made agreeable to the type: for it was on the sixth day of the week, we commonly call "Friday", towards the close, on the day of the preparation for the sabbath, and when the sabbath drew on, that the body of Christ was laid in the sepulcher; where it lay all the next day, which was the sabbath of the Jews, and what we commonly call "Saturday"; and early on the first of the week, usually called "Sunday", or the Lord's day, he rose from the dead; so that he was but one whole day, and part of two, in the grave. To solve this difficulty, and set the matter in a clear light, let it be observed, that the three days and three nights, mean three natural days, consisting of day and night, or twenty four hours, and are what the Greeks call (nucyhmera) , "night days"; but the Jews have no other way of expressing them, but as here; and with them it is a well known rule, and used on all occasions, as in the computation of their feasts and times of mourning, in the observance of the passover, circumcision, and divers purifications, that (wlwkk Mwyh tuqm) , "a part of a day is as the whole" F14: and so, whatever was done before sun setting, or after, if but an hour, or ever so small a time, before or after it, it was reckoned as the whole preceding, or following day; and whether this was in the night part, or day part of the night day, or natural day, it mattered not, it was accounted as the whole night day: by this rule, the case here is easily adjusted; Christ was laid in the grave towards the close of the sixth day, a little before sun setting, and this being a part of the night day preceding, is reckoned as the whole; he continued there the whole night day following, being the seventh day; and rose again early on the first day, which being after sun setting, though it might be even before sun rising, yet being a part of the night day following, is to be esteemed as the whole; and thus the son of man was to be, and was three days and three nights in the grave; and which was very easy to be understood by the Jews; and it is a question whether Jonas was longer in the belly of the fish.

It would be noteworthy for me to add my 2 bits here. A Jewish brother who has a worldwide ministry, shared with us this very subject once, and Unworthyservant has done well in explaining the days and part days. On the day of Christs' death on the cross there were two part days. The 1st being the darkening over the earth from the 6th hour to the 9th. It was an eclipse of the sun which shrouded the earth, therefore there was light, then the darkness. Afterward, the was the natural ending of that day. Once again the light after the eclipse, and then the end of that day, before the beginning of the sabbath day, before the 1st day of the week. As always, I hope this is helpful, God bless.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

9 minutes ago, Betha said:

The 7th day Sabbath is the ONLY command described as HOLY...GOD says it and I say it how can we make them all holy when there is no reference to it ? People can do as they wish....we are only discussing, not setting Laws.

Okay, I always thought the Lord God is Holy. Does this deflect from the first commandment?

Isaiah 6:3 3And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.

Leviticus 11:45 45For I am the LORD that bringeth you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: ye shall therefore be holy, for I am holy.

Edited by BeauJangles

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,015
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

20 minutes ago, Betha said:

Sabbath-keeping is sharing HOLY TIME with GOD ! think that is not important ? How else will you learn to be HOLY if you reject time with Him on the day HE chose ? without HOLINESS none of us will be in His Kingdom.

We share Holy Time with God in our daily lives, even hour by hour.   This is why our devotional lives are important.   It's more than not doing anything on a particular day.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

18 minutes ago, Betha said:

Again you bring in HUMAN reckoning and interpretation when the Bible clearly states it all happened ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURE !

Why do people insist on their own understanding to muddy the issue ?

Might I ask you a question?    Do you start your car on the Sabbath?

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 minutes ago, Betha said:

That seems your favourite quote ! don't you know we are not under OT observance any more ? If GOD says we are to go to church on Sabbath (by any means we can) and if a car was necessary for a long journey or a handicapped person then so be it !!! attending before God is more important than keeping carnal laws that can not save. Your choice what you do !

that's just it, God doesn't say we have to go to church on Saturday....   God says we have to live holy lives all the time and have him with us through the Holy Spirit 7 whole days a week, not just one....    Odd how you can push the 4th commandment on us and then say we are not under OT observance any longer...

It's not a problem if you observe the Sabbath, but it is not ok for you to push that on others.  Meeting and/or going to church really has nothing to do with the Sabbath no matter when you do it.