R. Hartono

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

I believe Jesus was executed on Passover Wednesday and was buried just before sunset.. The day after Passover was a High Sabbath called the first day of unleavened bread.. This was a 7 day period in which both the first and the last days where High Sabbaths where no work was to be done.. These High Sabbaths fell on the same date but different days each year depending on the year.. I believe Jesus was raised from the dead at the beginning of the first day of the week.. Which started at Saturday sunset..

I provide a link to a site which gives calendar and supporting scripture for your consideration::

The Week of His Death and Resurrection..

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

5 hours ago, Adstar said:

beginning of the first day of the week

Before the beginning, still on the Sabbath. About 72 hrs after His incarceration on the Wednesday after about 3 pm when He died. The VEIL was split from top to bottom. His blood sanctified the way to the Holy of Holies.

34 minutes ago, Betha said:

Yes, CORRECT  Days and timing are as important as CORRECT weights and measurements....which God is very exact on....right from the start. Moses was told to make the temporary Tent of Meeting (Tabernacle) AS HAD BEEN SHOWN HIM BY GOD Ex 25 , also the Ark had to be built according to GOD's  exact measurements and in the NT we are told to use correct weights and measurements.....anything false and incorrect God does not like nor can He accept.....even our own Person has to be redeemed from falsehood and corrected, no matter how painful !!!  but if we are INCORRIGIBLE and stubborn  there is only the lake of fire left.

I see this and am becoming weary of trying to explain to people that have had their minds already made up for them by second-hand doctrine and dogma. If they will not study for themselves as I have done for many years, then I can do no more. haShem knows what is what and is VERY precise...

Edited by Justin Adams

Just now, Betha said:

I too get very weary and sometimes think of giving up...but then remember that GOD did NOT give up on us after thousands of tears....so we must plough on until the end and hope to help a few , or even ONE to survive !

I think I will bow out of the Sabbath and Resurrection stuff since they already made up their minds. Seems they want others to 'agree' and then somehow God will take notice and change it all around. So pathetic. I pity the none believers reading all this stuff, really. They must think we are a boat-load of idiots. Bad witness.

You can lead a moose to water, but you cannae make him SEE...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  1,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/30/2019 at 9:27 PM, Kristin said:

What happened is what the Bible says happened. God never lies. We are not ancient Jews, I’ve read they consider days from sundown to sunset or something. But it was 3 days. He was raised on Sunday. You can take it to the bank. It’s the truth. He died on Friday if that’s what the Bible says. Friday , Saturday, Sunday.  Three days. 

Hi Kristin,

Here is the problem.

If a non-believer confronts you and brings up this issue, "Jesus Himself said that He would be three days AND three nights in the tomb"..... as Jonah was "three days and three nights" in the belly of a great fish..........but according to tradition, which says He was crucified on a Friday and resurrected on a Sunday, how does one calculate 3 days and 3 nights?

And so you count:

Friday-Friday night.......1 day and 1 night

Saturday-Saturday night.......1 day and 1 night

Sunday........1 day

And you can't answer.

So the non-believer goes away and figures out that the Bible is in error on this matter.....and may very well be in error on other matters.

And you've just lost an opportunity to witness truth, if you could answer him and show him that "tradition in observing a Sunday Resurrection" is  man's tradition, and it is not based on Scripture.

• Brilliant! 1
  • Praise God! 1

1 hour ago, Abdicate said:

Study to shew yourself approved unto God, a workman that need not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

I also note that the Nicene convention was a whitewash. Even the church fathers seem to have been swayed by the 'powers' to see it their way and compromise.

Antisemitism just got worse down thru the ages. So many 'good' theologians wrote against Israelis and the Jews in particular. Lots of them. No wonder we had the Holocaust... If you find a list of these 'august' folk it will make your doctrines dissolve in front of your eyes. Nasty, mean spirited and wrong!

Edited by Justin Adams

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

On 9/1/2019 at 9:03 PM, Betha said:

If i may be a little more precise !!! Yashua was entombed just BEFORE sunset, NOT after,

Please read my post again.. I quote what i said::

"""I believe Jesus was executed on Passover Wednesday and was buried just before sunset.. """

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,765
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  128
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

... what day was the 10th of Nissan?  The day of choosing your passover lamb, the day of the triumphal entry of Jesus ... start from that point.  Then you have to account for the 3 days of "inspecting" the lamb -- to be sure it's pure.

... then what day is the 14th of Nissan ... this is the day of the sacrifice.  :)

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,765
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  128
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Actually a partial day is considered a day ... and the resurrection was the 1st day ... but really the 8th day ... this is another mystery in of itself.  Do some research on the 8th day.  

To assume a Wednesday ... then you assume a triumphal entry on a Shabbat itself -- which wouldn't have happened.   The timing is laid out in John, the day of his entry.  

Timing wise, the 10th of Nissan the triumphal entry fits on a Sunday ... he arrives Sunday morning.

His first act -- cleansing the temple of leaven ... He cleaned his Father's house.

He is inspected for 3 days ... the lamb needs to be inspected for 3 days ... the Pharisees and it finally got to the point ... they dared not ask Him any more questions.  He was fully inspected ... found without fault or blemish.

The meal takes place ... the day before the Passover sacrifice for the nation is to take place.

On the 14th of Nissan ... at the 9th hour -- 3 PM in the afternoon he gives up the ghost.  He is placed in the tomb before the High Shabbat (hence not a normal shabbat day ... but the Passover High Shabbat).

He is resurrected on the 8th day -- hence the 1st day of the week to fulfill the Feast of Firstfruits to the TEE! 

Lev 23:9  And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, 
Lev 23:10  “Speak to the people of Israel and say to them, When you come into the land that I give you and reap its harvest, you shall bring the sheaf of the firstfruits of your harvest to the priest, 
Lev 23:11  and he shall wave the sheaf before the LORD, so that you may be accepted. On the day after the Sabbath the priest shall wave it. 
Lev 23:12  And on the day when you wave the sheaf, you shall offer a male lamb a year old without blemish as a burnt offering to the LORD. 
Lev 23:13  And the grain offering with it shall be two tenths of an ephah of fine flour mixed with oil, a food offering to the LORD with a pleasing aroma, and the drink offering with it shall be of wine, a fourth of a hin. 
Lev 23:14  And you shall eat neither bread nor grain parched or fresh until this same day, until you have brought the offering of your God: it is a statute forever throughout your generations in all your dwellings. 

If you study it out ... you'll realize the timeline ... fits His Biblical feasts to the tee!  :)

Your brother in the Lord with much agape love,

George

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79

Here's a short clip which plots it out in a handy and easy way

Love & Shalom