• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,460
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,738
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

I'm merely pointing out the case.  Take it for what it is.  Take for example, Mary Magadelene's actions.  Think about it for just a second.

Why did Mary Magadelene WAIT until Sunday to go to the tomb?

Let's go through the timeline.  Let's say the crucifixion took place on Wednesday, then Thursday would have been the High Shabbat, making it impossible for her to go to the tomb on that day, however Friday would have been a normal day with no restrictions until shabbat began in the evening ... and she could have visited the tomb that day!  

BUT if Thursday (14th of Nissan) -- 4 days from the choosing of the Passover Lamb is the day ... then it explains Mary's actions.  Thursday evening to Friday evening would have been a High Shabbat day ... Friday evening till Saturday night would have been the weekly Shabbat making it impossible to travel this distance to visit the tomb.  Leaving the 1st day of the week -- hence as repeated in Scripture over and over again ... the first day she could have made the trip.

The bottom line, the Apostles celebrated the 8th day -- hence the Resurrection and its connection to renewal the on the 1st day of every week -- but looking at it not as "SUN"day ... but rather the LORD's DAY.

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  369
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

22 minutes ago, George said:

The bottom line, the Apostles celebrated the 8th day -- hence the Resurrection and its connection to renewal the on the 1st day of every week -- but looking at it not as "SUN"day ... but rather the LORD's DAY.

Jesuitism. and the pagan Ogdoad.

It ain't even true.  Ready to look at scripture, at when the disciples met?

Edited by ShinyGospelShoes

• Steward

Just now, ShinyGospelShoes said:

Jesuitism. and the pagan Ogdoad.

?

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  369
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

19 minutes ago, George said:

?

Those interested in truth, will look them up.

2Th_2:10  And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

• Steward

So you're suggesting I worship 8 gods of egypt?

In Egyptian mythology, the Ogdoad (Ancient Greek: ὀγδοάς "the Eightfold"; Ancient Egyptian: ḫmnyw, a plural nisba of ḫmnw "eight") were eight primordial deities worshipped in Hermopolis.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

21 hours ago, Betha said:

Sorry Sir but you are not being very precise when you say 'beginning of the first day of the week'....implying He rose on sunday and thus going 'over His own predicted time and not fulfilling prophecy. We must not cause doubt and confusion.by casual remarks. Scripture is precise and clear before the sun had set Lk 23v54, it was still the day of preparation, let's stay with it

Jesus said He would spend 3 days and 3 nights in the earth... So that is 3 full nights and 3 full days.. 

He did not say 72 hours.. Meaning He was buried just before sunset so he would rise just before sunset..

Jesus had to spend 3 full nights and 3 full days in the earth to fulfill the prophecy.. And He did..

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

2 hours ago, George said:

BUT if Thursday (14th of Nissan) -- 4 days from the choosing of the Passover Lamb is the day ... then it explains Mary's actions.  Thursday evening to Friday evening would have been a High Shabbat day ... Friday evening till Saturday night would have been the weekly Shabbat making it impossible to travel this distance to visit the tomb.  Leaving the 1st day of the week -- hence as repeated in Scripture over and over again ... the first day she could have made the trip.

Shalom George,

But it seems the women bought spices and perfumes "before the Sabbath" (Luke 23:56) and took them "when the sabbath was over" (Mark 16:1)  There must have been a day between the High Sabbath and the standard Sabbath in order for them to do this, no? 

If you get time, check the video I posted above.

Love & Shalom

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Betha said:

Yashua did not have to spell out the exact hours.....WE can count them if we add 6x12=72, and it starts  with the burial from before the setting of the sun on Wednesday ,Lk 23v54  to the resurrection before the setting of the sun on the Sabbath....exactly as predicted by the Lord Himself ! beleve the Word of the Lord is sufficient to give us EXACT timing.

I can see we are agreed on 3 nights and 3 days but we must look to when they exactly started and finished....just before sunset and end of a day.

In your interpretation Jesus was not in the ground for 3 full nights and 3 full days...  Think about it..

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.37
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.72

3 hours ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Here's a short clip which plots it out in a handy and easy way

Love & Shalom 

I will make time sometime this week to look at the video, though I am already in agreement with the fact that Jesus was crucified on Wednesday and rose on the weekly Sabbath at evening. I have over the course of my life come to the conclusion that the Lord has called many of a good heart, but not necessarily mathematicians. I have no problem with the difficulty in counting except that unfortunately it is used as an excuse to keep Sunday, the first day of the week, over the Sabbath. I'm not sure why George keeps quoting 8 days. There are only seven in a week. Though we follow the Roman calendar there is still a clear week of 7 days. The only 8th day that I recognize in scripture is the Last Great Day, which is the Holy Day that follows the 7 day observance of the Feast of Tabernacles. Anyway, thanks for posting the information and I will take a look at it.  I find that you and I agree on most subjects.

Though this is on a different note, I wanted to say that I enjoy the various viewpoints posted in this forum.  But I don't think I will hold my breath while waiting for someone to actually change their position on such matters, but if it does cause one to think and ponder and seek with prayer then it has served a purpose. But if it causes the various individuals to dig in their heels and become adamant without prayer and seeking, then it is a fruitless endeavor for them, but I know many read these posts, so though the ones posting the opposite viewpoints may never be persuaded or ever pray or seek, perhaps some reading these differing viewpoints will be able to look at both sides of a discussion and truly seek the truth by scripture without preconceived ideas. But it is difficult to overcome the individual doctrinal threshing instruments we have in our own minds.  But with prayer, the Lord can overcome such barriers and truths can be revealed. I find it interesting to see the various viewpoints so I can understand where people get the notions that they do. In other words it helps me see how they think. Though many may disagree, I do believe there are absolute truths that can be learned and embraced.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Betha said:

can you explain ?

I will try..

In your interpretation Jesus spent:

The last part of one day in the earth,

1 night in the earth

1 day in the earth

1 night in the earth

1 day in the earth

1 night in the earth

And then most of the last day in the earth.. Then he rose from the dead before that day ended..

So in your interpretation Jesus did not spend 3 full nights and 3 full days in the earth.. He spent 3 full nights and only 2 full days in the earth,  added to these was a short part of a day at the beginning and most of a day at the end.

But in my interpretation Jesus spend 3 full nights and 3 full days in the earth..