• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,764
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  128
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

@HAZARDIf you read through the thread, I believe it happened on Thursday and stated so, several times.  :)  and my very detailed reasoning for it.  :)

• Steward

1 minute ago, Betha said:

SOOOO much more can be said, but let's feed the Baby/New Man with a Teaspoon, not a shovel eh ?

I'll try and keep it in mind.  :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

4 hours ago, HAZARD said:

"The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulcher, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre." (John 20:1),

As previously stated, mia ton Sabbaton means 'on the first of the sabbaths' not the first day of the week. It is counting towards Pentecost. It is deliberately mistranslated that elsewhere is rendered correctly. This is due to the distancing of the 'powers that be' from everything Jewish. It was most definite (according to them) that Yeshua was a 'white Christian' and had nothing to do with Israel. Go read carefully the original documents recovered at Qumran. Plus read the older texts as well. It is quite plainly a 'white-wash'.

Relax Betha. It is all in the Lords hands, translation errors aside, it is all about the big conspiracy and its tendrils worm their ways into every walk of life.

I know the the real facts. I studied for ten years or more and got the original translations and the Qumran studies. The Lord is not slow to show us His information, but we have been sadly misinformed in many areas. The truth does set one free in so many ways and antisemitism (that is REALLY what it is) will always abound until haShem (Yahweh -his NAME) comes and trounces them all and feeds them to the wild beasts.

In that day it will not be 'gentle Jesus meek and mild' but a FEARSOME WARRIOR with ALL POWER at His fingertips and ten thousand upon ten thousand of His Faithful Heavenly beings - UNRESTRAINED and ALL CONSUMING.

Edited by Justin Adams

• Steward

Some food for thought ... ON the third day ...

Gen 22:3  So Abraham rose early in the morning, saddled his donkey, and took two of his young men with him, and his son Isaac. And he cut the wood for the burnt offering and arose and went to the place of which God had told him. 
Gen 22:4  On the third day Abraham lifted up his eyes and saw the place from afar. 

Gen 40:19  In three days Pharaoh will lift up your head—from you!—and hang you on a tree. And the birds will eat the flesh from you.” 
Gen 40:20  On the third day, which was Pharaoh's birthday, he made a feast for all his servants and lifted up the head of the chief cupbearer and the head of the chief baker among his servants. 
Gen 40:21  He restored the chief cupbearer to his position, and he placed the cup in Pharaoh's hand. 

Exo 19:10  the LORD said to Moses, “Go to the people and consecrate them today and tomorrow, and let them wash their garments 
Exo 19:11  and be ready for the third day. For on the third day the LORD will come down on Mount Sinai in the sight of all the people. 

Hos 6:1  “Come, let us return to the LORD; for he has torn us, that he may heal us; he has struck us down, and he will bind us up. 
Hos 6:2  After two days he will revive us; on the third day he will raise us up, that we may live before him. 

Why the third day is IMPORTANT.  :)

We were discussing in study event today about antisemitism. The upshot was that though it is a common trait, I believe it is a spiritual kind of thing - like spiritual blindness. It does not necessarily blind us, as the 'common man or woman', but maybe it has/will/does blind those that are supposed to have our interests and guidance in mind. I think it is a like Deut. 32 and Psalm 82 really. The sons of God were given charge over the nations that refused God's ideas of populating the world and moving on. Instead they all got together and decide they would built a tower to God and force Him as they did pagan deities to come and inhabit their temple. Well God is not having any of that and scattered them putting His holy ones (70 or 72) in charge of them. Of course the sons of God just manipulated the nations into worshiping them and sacrificing to them. So in the Divine Council He pronounced judgement on them that they will die like men.

It seems that a little power will corrupt and we see that over the centuries. It is no accident that Yeshua sent out the 70 disciples to declare war on the enemies of God. "Even the demons are subject to us in your name". It was the beginning of the end for them. Is it any wonder that antisemitism is at an all time high? God kicked the nest and we are daily getting stung. (probably a song there)

Those that God chose to guide us believers to a greater (rather than lesser) extent have oft misused that directive in order to line their own pockets and distribute their ideas and dogmas (power). Just look at the results of this. Lies and half-truths have rendered the church almost inoperable. Does an untruth bear anything but the poor seed that we observe? Can distortion bear any good fruit.

I suggest that God needs some people to 'run-interference' on this situation and attempt to salvage this mess. Never before have we had such a wealth of scriptural proofs and discovered texts. We have the tools and online translation methods to really find out for ourselves the history of the world and God's workings and words. 

Edited by Justin Adams

• Steward

2 hours ago, Betha said:

If we continue to disagree we will just have to leave it there.

Tis ok ... it's not a salvational issue.  :)  

Have you ever done a Chaistic study?   Or do you know what it is?  

If you don't know what I mean ... 

I did a few chaistic studies on the Resurrection.  

Just some food for thought.   :)

God bless,

George

• Steward

20 hours ago, Betha said:

I had never heard of it and believe it best to stay with the SOURCE already available to all....The WORD OF GOD !

I agree ... and the studies are simply the Word of God!  :)

Do you ever listen to a preacher?  Or a minister?  According to this logic ... we shouldn't listen to anyone else or learn from anyone else except by reading the Bible.  

It's kinda like those who criticize reading the Church Fathers, or reading any sermons from the 1600s, 1700s, 1800s, and 1900s.  If you go to church and you listen to a sermon -- you realize it's a man speaking but you're curious as to what he's saying -- you know the Word -- and you become a Berean and TEST to see if those things are of God.  You'd spend some time LEARNING from other men and women of God.  Isn't that what we're doing?

Old writings of saints, writings today, books written centuries ago, etc -- are in essence SERMONS that you'd listen to from any man of God today ... and you'd investigate the matter.   I would never claim that a preacher would be "infalliable" such as the Word of God is ... but I submit that I could learn something that I never heard of.  

Proverbs 9:9  Give to a wise one, and he will be still wiser; teach a just one, and he will increase in learning.

We're here to learn and grow ...

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 years later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  772
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,929
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

i was searching for this post glad i found it.