douge

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

This is the gospel by which we are saved.

15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

1 Corinthians 15

We are all sinners who can not save ourselves.

See Romans 3:23 Titus 3:5 Romans 5:6

Christ died for our sins; He was our substitute, He paid the full penalty and debt for our sin by his blood sacrifice.

See 2 Corinthians 5:21 Romans 3:24 Romans 3:25 Romans 3:26

He was buried.

He rose again for our justification ( to declare us righteous) and forgiveness of all our sin. He gives us His righteousness and eternal life.

See Romans 4:25 Ephesians 1:7 Romans 4:22 Romans 4:23 Romans 4:24 1 Corinthians 1:30

All we have to do is believe the gospel.

See Romans 4:5 1 Corinthians 1:21 Ephesians 1:13

Believing is being persuaded that something is true.

See Romans 4:21

The moment you believe you have eternal life.

Titus 1:1 Titus 1:2 Titus 3:7

Trust the gospel of your salvation. Place your faith in Jesus Christ, in his blood, in his death and his resurrection.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

Well, the Gospel of Salvation is the Gospel of Christ. That said, while you mention many good references to that Gospel from the writings of Paul, I noticed the lack of references to the actual words of the Lord in your list. Is there any significance to this or is it simply your intent to present Paul's take on the subject?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

3 minutes ago, douge said:

This is the gospel by which we are saved.

15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

1 Corinthians 15

We are all sinners who can not save ourselves.

See Romans 3:23 Titus 3:5 Romans 5:6

Christ died for our sins; He was our substitute, He paid the full penalty and debt for our sin by his blood sacrifice.

See 2 Corinthians 5:21 Romans 3:24 Romans 3:25 Romans 3:26

He was buried.

He rose again for our justification ( to declare us righteous) and forgiveness of all our sin. He gives us His righteousness and eternal life.

See Romans 4:25 Ephesians 1:7 Romans 4:22 Romans 4:23 Romans 4:24 1 Corinthians 1:30

All we have to do is believe the gospel.

See Romans 4:5 1 Corinthians 1:21 Ephesians 1:13

Believing is being persuaded that something is true.

See Romans 4:21

The moment you believe you have eternal life.

Titus 1:1 Titus 1:2 Titus 3:7

Trust the gospel of your salvation. Place your faith in Jesus Christ, in his blood, in his death and his resurrection.

...and don’t add to the Gospel by “ dead works”......those would be additions that you think are necessary to help you  become saved or help you to “ stay” saved.....no matter how good they seem.....like going  to church, tithing, Keeping the Commandments, or the Granddaddy Of them all these days- repenting of all known , and especially Willful sins.....all of these things are great in their place.....a Christian will find themselves doing most of these things ,but if you are doing them to add to the Gospel because you are afraid to put your complete trust in it ALONE or if you think something must be done continuously to KEEP you saved- they are dead works, you are adding to the Gospel, and despite what you have heard— THIS is how you “ fall from Grace” and “sever yourself from the Cross Of Christ”.Serious stuff.Some say it is a Salvation issue, others say it is not.Lets hope it isn’t—from what I have seen , much of the Church World stands guilty.It’s Jesus plus NOTHING.....just like the song says......NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD for Salvation

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

11 minutes ago, saved34 said:

what do you mean “Paul’s take”? Paul’s take is Christ’s take.

BTW, thanks. And to answer your question, I agree that in a way Paul's take is Christ's take, but it's really in the end Paul's take on Christ's teachings. I guess I should maybe say Paul's commentary on Christ's teaching instead of using the word "take". I was just curious if you were meaning the conversation to be about the entire subject or limited to Paul's references to it.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

6 minutes ago, unworthyservant said:

BTW, thanks. And to answer your question, I agree that in a way Paul's take is Christ's take, but it's really in the end Paul's take on Christ's teachings. I guess I should maybe say Paul's commentary on Christ's teaching instead of using the word "take". I was just curious if you were meaning the conversation to be about the entire subject or limited to Paul's references to it.

Paul’s reference is the full revelation from the Lord himself. All the Apostles acknowledged that he had this revelation from God. That is very important to understand since he was the official Apostle to the Gentiles. His words are the very words of God.

2Pe 3:15  Bear in mind that our Lord's patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him.

1Th 2:13  And we also thank God continually because, when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as a human word, but as it actually is, the word of God, which is indeed at work in you who believe.

What Paul taught about the Gospel is the full revelation of the Gospel. 
  • This is Worthy 3
  • Praise God! 1

21 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

...and don’t add to the Gospel by “ dead works”......those would be additions that you think are necessary to help you  become saved or help you to “ stay” saved.....no matter how good they seem.....like going  to church, tithing, Keeping the Commandments, or the Granddaddy Of them all these days- repenting of all known , and especially Willful sins.....all of these things are great in their place.....a Christian will find themselves doing most of these things ,but if you are doing them to add to the Gospel because you are afraid to put your complete trust in it ALONE or if you think something must be done continuously to KEEP you saved- they are dead works, you are adding to the Gospel, and despite what you have heard— THIS is how you “ fall from Grace” and “sever yourself from the Cross Of Christ”.Serious stuff.Some say it is a Salvation issue, others say it is not.Lets hope it isn’t—from what I have seen , much of the Church World stands guilty.It’s Jesus plus NOTHING.....just like the song says......NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD for Salvation

Hello

Our salvation unto eternal life has been completely accomplished by  the redemption of Christ.

• Thumbs Up 2

21 hours ago, unworthyservant said:

Well, the Gospel of Salvation is the Gospel of Christ. That said, while you mention many good references to that Gospel from the writings of Paul, I noticed the lack of references to the actual words of the Lord in your list. Is there any significance to this or is it simply your intent to present Paul's take on the subject?

Hello

The gospel in Paul are the words of the Lord Jesus, they were revealed to Paul by Christ.

In the four gospels Christ was sent unto the house of Israel preaching the gospel of the kingdom. They had to believe only he was Messiah, the Son of God and keep the commandments to enter the Davidic kingdom on earth. The gospel of the kingdom is not preached today but will be in the tribulation (Matthew 24:14).

Edited by douge

Sorry, I can't take the leap from Paul being inspired by the spirit to stating that

2 minutes ago, douge said:

The gospel in Paul are the words of the Lord Jesus

Maybe it's more about semantics for some but I shy away from claiming anyone's words are the words of Christ unless Christ said them Himself, that way there's no confusion. I do believe that there have been many who were filled with the Holy Spirit and indeed were inspired of God but I'd never go so far as to attribute anything they say to Christ. After all, though He had a higher calling, Paul, like you and me was only human.

• Oy Vey! 4

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

As said, the words of Christ were directed toward the Jews who were still under the Old Testament law.  His finished work on the cross and His resurrection ushered in the new covenant under which we live today.  

While the personalities of the apostles affected their style of writing, Paul's writings are 100% inspired of the Holy Spirit except for the place in 1 Corinthians concerning marriage where he states it is his opinion, not the Lord.  To believe otherwise is contrary to our statement of faith that you agreed to.

We believe that the 66 books of the Canon, from Genesis to Revelation are the exhaustive, inerrant and inspired word of God.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2
  • Loved it! 1