missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Why do some people find it so hard to trust God's plan with their lives?

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,200
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

54 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Hi missmuffet,

I think because they think in human terms. God`s word says -

`For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the first-born among many brethren.` (Rom. 8: 29)

Thus we see God is making us like Christ. And this is a process of dying to self and being changed to like Christ.

Many people have been deceived into thinking God has a programme laid out for them and all they have to do is work out what that is - a famous singer, a writer, a movie star, a successful business man/woman, etc etc. Whereas these are worldly jobs and certainly not God`s purpose for us.

Marilyn.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,563
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

4 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Some people? All individuals have trouble and troubles. Even some that say they trust God just  sit back and do nothing but say "I am waiting on God" have trouble. Sitting and waiting  is an excuse for not doing much of anything. Life is hard is is full of troubles for troubled peoples. One has to do more than trust one must faithe actively working the mind body and soul hard, exercising each to grow strong to endure and to run the race as though to win it.

True faith as some like to call being a bond-servant is not for the couch potato. it is for the runner that will stretch and reach and stretch some more to beat out all just as though it is a race that only one can win. Is isn't easy, not easy at all. It is hard work that also comes a a cost to he servant, but one that also rewards the entirety of the body mind and soul.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

7 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Some people? All individuals have trouble and troubles. Even some that say they trust God just  sit back and do nothing but say "I am waiting on God" have trouble. Sitting and waiting  is an excuse for not doing much of anything. Life is hard is is full of troubles for troubled peoples. One has to do more than trust one must faithe actively working the mind body and soul hard, exercising each to grow strong to endure and to run the race as though to win it.

True faith as some like to call being a bond-servant is not for the couch potato. it is for the runner that will stretch and reach and stretch some more to beat out all just as though it is a race that only one can win. Is isn't easy, not easy at all. It is hard work that also comes a a cost to he servant, but one that also rewards the entirety of the body mind and soul.

I do not think all Christians find it hard to trust in God's plan for their life but a majority of them do. 

God's way is always best. Some people have a difficult time letting God have control and trusting and having faith. 

We need to allow God's truth to overcome our doubts. You pray and ask God to help you trust in Him more more each day. When you do this you'll soon realize that God's way is always best. 

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,563
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

3 hours ago, missmuffet said:

You pray and ask God to help you trust in Him more more each day. When you do this you'll soon realize that God's way is always best. 

Thank you.

God does a pretty good job of pointing the way already, I think He has it down pretty pat. He does not seem to want me to sit and wait upon Him, but instead wants me to always pick up the pace in the marathon just a little more and then a little more and then yet a little more. He keeps me quite busy at 75 years old and still a learning as there is much to learn as well as do, but never it seems much of this waiting upon Him stuff while just sitting around.

Praise of God and prayer to Him in the name of Jesus  is a constant, giving thanks in all things. And I do mean in all things.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0

that's true some Christians can have trouble trusting God for his plan & purpose for their lives,  even I have struggled with that,  I've been praying to find his plan & purpose for my life & yes it's going to take some prayer to find that out,  but I know I can trust him