• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hello SurrenderedWife

An avant- garde preacher I used to listen to years ago said that you didn’t have to park your brains at the church house door to become a Christian.  I believed that then; I believe that now.

To make a long story short, I had studied, for years, different religions, disciplines, and even the occult to find out the essential Truth.  (To me Jesus was just one of many roads to Rome).  During my studies, when I  found  a hole in the reasoning of the above philosophies  I moved on.

Eventually, through apologetics, it was proven to me intellectually that Jesus Christ was who he said he was.  Subsequently, I accepted him into my heart, and never looked back.  This was in 1980.

Consider a book called ‘Who Moved The Stone’ by Frank Morison.  It was published in 1930, but has a 2017 edition with updated English.

Edited by JJBerean
Typo

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

@SurrenderedWife Hello sister, ...may I suggest you look into Chuck Misseler's Bible Study of Through the Bible in 24 Hours, ...he teaches through the Bible, Genesis to Revelation in 24 one hour sessions, is on DVD and comes with study notes, it's very informative and the study notes are intellectually stimulating, ...could be something your husband would enjoy.

By all means when he asks you, "What do you want me to do?" take him with you to church, if he is that open then ask him to attend the men's fellowship where he will be in contact with men that he can identify with, ...whatever or wherever, when the Holy Spirit is present and operating through His children, ...you can be assured He will be working in your husbands heart drawing him to Jesus, when the day comes and "Let there be Light and there was Light!" Gen 1"3, ...becomes a reality for him only Father knows, ...so we don't want to miss an opportunity for that to become real in his life.

Lord bless 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

5 hours ago, SurrenderedWife said:

X'D Prov 31:12 says "She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life."  - I wonder if that's referring to his physical wellbeing or spiritual. The soul is more important than the body, yet I'm weary to wish trouble on my husband! I guess I can pray for the Holy Spirit to do whatever it takes... :/ and brace myself for the fallout :P

I'm also considering how much attention to pay to my husband, as while he's very special to me, he's not the only lost soul on its way to hell. :/ I need to minister to others too, and I'm wondering how much.

I hope this conversation is helping someone else out there, or at least ya'all are heaping up more rewards in heaven...:D Praise the Lord!

George who owns this site once told me that our first ministry is to our families. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

9 hours ago, SurrenderedWife said:

I came back to Jesus about 5 weeks ago. My unsaved husband contemplated if he should divorce me before we start a family and get our kids involved in what was already a conflicted marriage.
A couple weeks ago, he committed to staying with me and actually said he prefers me being a Christian because he saw 1) I complain much less 2)I seem happier 3)Not suicidal or anxious 4)We no longer get into arguments over things we used to since we got together. He watched a very compelling history of believers, new world order bible versions, Bible movies etc. and asked me about church, hearing very compelling things... BUT his intellect is too sharp for me now.

3 years ago I was able to debate him on over 100 different reasons he was convinced the Bible wasn't true, but he was not convinced then despite what I thought were incredibly inspired responses on my part. Eventually he convinced ME to stop believing for 3 most awful years where everything was falling apart in our home and our lives (despite us living incredibly healthy lifestyles). I turned to Jesus in desperation, but he thinks he's been improving and doing well for himself so had no such need. The compelling case for the Bible, after countless hours of searching for God, and personal experiences of God's voice and my transformation are enough for me to believe without needing to have all my questions answered. Not so for my husband. He still presents thorough intellectual challenges to the Bible that no one around us is willing or able to take on.

His heart wants to believe, but his ravenous intellect is stopping him. I'm still trying to find answers because I love him and don't want him to perish, and he reiterates that he doesn't feel preached at all and I haven't put him off. Whenever I found an answer though, he just tears it apart and makes all preachers seem like liars. :( He seems to have very good discernment when it comes to Godly and ungodly things, and with his many abilities could be one of the greatest men of God of our age. It seems a waste for him to not believe before rapture, or to die before saving and edifying many souls for the Lord....instead standing before the throne with heavy condemnation for continually rejecting God's call. I can't find any advice on how to bring a sharp-witted sceptical husband to the Lord. Could anyone advise?

I could paste the 9 pages of 'problems' he has with the Bible, but may bring them up in 'Apologetics' one at a time.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I've been praying throughout, including before, mid and post-conversations. Others are praying too.

Be a godly example for your unsaved husband so he can see Jesus Christ through you. Pray for him.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

4 hours ago, SurrenderedWife said:

1st time almost had my gallbladder rupture and kill me. They said this only happened to "old fat ladies". I was a slim 'healthy' 20 year old. 

They may say that, but the reality is different. I too had mine almost kill me as well in my 20s, when I was an extremely healthy, athletic, mostly vegetarian person. I was just hours away from dying when I went to the er according to the surgeon. 

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5,608
  • Content Per Day:  2.84
  • Days Won:  33

Hi @SurrenderedWife

I will pray for you and your husband.

I can empathise on a lot of what you said about your husband asking you these difficult questions to prove Jesus exists and then even when you do answer, he can still wrap you round in circles.

A friend said to me that instead of trying to defend scientific arguments about the Lord, instead explain it’s to do with a relationship with Him. 

Regularly Pray that he will come to know Jesus as his Lord and Saviour and if anytime the Lord prompts you to say things to him, then say. You just have to leave it with Jesus to do His work in Him.

It’s Jesus’ job to work in your husband’s heart. You can’t do it. That’s when the enemy can try and grab an opportunity to try and make you feel guilty. But you have nothing to feel guilty for.

Continue to let Jesus work in you and your husband will notice a difference in you. That’s proof in itself. And keep praying for him.

God bless.

Becky. X 

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Thank you for the empathy and all the suggested books, movies and authors - now I have enough to occupy me for
the rest of the year or more. :p :D

Having trouble finding a good church here in our area that has a men's group. I guess I should find one to call home first
before inviting him.
Re: gallbladder -my later research showed me that a low fat diet has the bile sit there unused so it hardens into stones. I may have been low-fat
for a while at the time (and rarely had takeaways - mostly sushi, not any fast food). Like you was into fitness and all that good stuff. I still believe
my body was given up to satan each time that my soul may be brought back to Chris (1 Cor 5:5)

Thank you for the reassurance. I feel bad mainly for not being able to discern what God wants me to do in a situation, as my husband is also ambivalent and not giving me clues either way. He will disagree with an apologetic, criticise it and the author, but then sound enthusiastic when I mention new ones like the Case for Christ. I pray often for wisdom and discernment, but still feel confused a lot. Sometimes to the point of wanting to never open my mouth, bury any intellect, knowledge or gift of speech or song I may have and just do helps.  I don't know if that's from God or satan. It's like - why do I seem to have abilities that don't seem to serve anyone when I use them?

Edited by SurrenderedWife
  • Praying! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

The things of God are revealed.....not figured out.Like all of us at one time, your husband’s eyes have been blinded by the god of this world.Nobody comes to God lest the Spirit draw him.Jesus said that the Spirit goes to and throe and nobody knows where or when He will land.Lets pray that God blesses your husband with a visit from the only One that can save him.If your husband understands that God doesn’t need him and the prerogative to save belongs to God and not him.....perhaps he will have the motive to join you in prayer. None of us is getting any younger either . God bless...I will be praying for him.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,016
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,292
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

3 hours ago, SurrenderedWife said:

why do I seem to have abilities that don't seem to serve anyone when I use them?

Hi SurrenderedWife.   You never really know whose life you are touching or reaching.   It's best to just do what you feel led of God to do, and leave everything in His hands.    You are probably sowing or watering seeds that you know nothing about for now. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

1 hour ago, Debp said:

Hi SurrenderedWife.   You never really know whose life you are touching or reaching.   It's best to just do what you feel led of God to do, and leave everything in His hands.    You are probably sowing or watering seeds that you know nothing about for now. 

I hope so too! It would be so reassuring to hear how I was useful to God and my bretheren, but I will get to have ALLL my many questions answered when I go to be with Jesus - oooh I'm so excited!!!!! :DDDDDD

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1