Debp

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,015
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

I haven't heard of this one before.   Has anyone else heard of "enneagram stance"?   I saw a liberal church in my neighborhood advertising it, having meetings on it.    This particular church's pastor told me several years ago that the Bible was proven wrong in many ways!!   So I am guessing this "enneagram stance" is some kind of new age thing.   I looked it up briefly and it seems to be about knowing one's personality (of three types).

• Thanks 2

Just found this on it at the Christian site Got Questions.   This mentions 9 personalities.   But the enneagram stance ministry in TX mentions 3.   Of course, these are all dangerous as they aren't leading people to transformation through Christ.

https://www.gotquestions.org/Enneagram-of-Personality.html

Following is the ministry on it in TX which sounds like new age thinking.

https://www.lifeinthetrinityministry.com/ltm-events/2018/stancesdallas

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Looks like tripe to me. Self realization has been around for a very long time. Just a new label. 

Does the Enneagram of Personality contradict the Bible?

Enneagram of Personalityaudio

Question: "Does the Enneagram of Personality contradict the Bible?"

Answer: 
What is known as the “Enneagram of Personality” or the “Traditional Enneagram” is a complex system of understanding individuals that touts itself as the most dynamic and open of the various typologies and also offers itself as a path to liberation or self-actualization.

Enneagram-of-Personality.png

Sorry but the copy/paste attempt for the chart failed. Check the link from Deb. 

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

I have found the best way to tell for me is the question: Does it align fairly well with the general Gnostic ideas? Learn about Gnostic thought and even 'Gnostic Christianity' (an oxymoron to be sure).

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, other one said:

sounds to  me like a church that's been watching Oprah too much.

Funny thing is the ministry (Life in the Trinity) teaching this stuff is located in Dallas, TX.   But then that's where the way liberal pastor came from (Texas)...to the church near me.   I used to love going there until he showed his true colors (saying the Bible was proven wrong)!

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I'm not familiar with that term, but if it's what I think it is, it's mostly just a tool to describe our personalities...   like any tool it's what you do with it that makes it good or bad. 

29 minutes ago, other one said:

I'm not familiar with that term, but if it's what I think it is, it's mostly just a tool to describe our personalities...   like any tool it's what you do with it that makes it good or bad. 

I think it's more than just a regular personality test.   Also, it is called a ministry but doesn't mention Christ at all.

Here's the description from Life in the Trinity Ministry....

"After students of the Enneagram identify their personality type, many want to know what do about what they’ve learned.  Because of the inevitable wounding we all experience in childhood, we lose our ability to balance the three centers of intelligence: thinking, feeling and doing.  Learning to balance these three stances frees up enormous amounts of physical, emotional, and spiritual energy.

Enneagram Stances are determined by naming the weakest of these centers and understanding the Stances begins a lifelong process that seeks to use each of the centers for its intended purpose.  The three stances are named according to our initial response to others.  People in the Dependent Stance move toward others, those in the Withdrawing Stance move away and those in the Aggressive Stance move independently."

Edited by Debp

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, Debp said:

I haven't heard of this one before.   Has anyone else heard of "enneagram stance"?   I saw a liberal church in my neighborhood advertising it, having meetings on it.    This particular church's pastor told me several years ago that the Bible was proven wrong in many ways!!   So I am guessing this "enneagram stance" is some kind of new age thing.   I looked it up briefly and it seems to be about knowing one's personality (of three types).

Haven't heard of this, but I can say without any hesitation based on what you said here  to just keep far away from it.  There are only two types of people in God's eyes, either lost or saved (Gentile or Jew in the OT is a type and shadow of being lost or saved).  Anything to do with new age and occult has demons attached to it.....these things are not innocent toys but are spiritually dangerous.

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

14 minutes ago, Debp said:

I think it's more than just a regular personality test.   Also, it is called a ministry but doesn't mention Christ at all.

Here's the description from Life in the Trinity Ministry....

"After students of the Enneagram identify their personality type, many want to know what do about what they’ve learned.  Because of the inevitable wounding we all experience in childhood, we lose our ability to balance the three centers of intelligence: thinking, feeling and doing.  Learning to balance these three stances frees up enormous amounts of physical, emotional, and spiritual energy.

Enneagram Stances are determined by naming the weakest of these centers and understanding the Stances begins a lifelong process that seeks to use each of the centers for its intended purpose.  The three stances are named according to our initial response to others.  People in the Dependent Stance move toward others, those in the Withdrawing Stance move away and those in the Aggressive Stance move independently."

Don't even let your mind go down this road, sister, because it leads astray of God's word.  Man and devil in their pride and arrogance are always trying to 'outdo' God instead of submitting to Him.  They want to go their own way instead of His way...this is what rebellion is.  Meanwhile everything we need for inner healing is in Christ and His word.  Seek HIM for healing, cry out to Him and seek to obey His word and follow Him, and He promises healing.  Not always an easy battle on our part, nevertheless His promises are yes and amen in Christ.

Edited by Heleadethme
  • This is Worthy 1