• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,016
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,291
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

1 minute ago, Heleadethme said:

Haven't heard of this, but I can say without any hesitation based on what you said here  to just keep far away from it.  There are only two types of people in God's eyes, either lost or saved (Gentile or Jew in the OT is a type and shadow of being lost or saved).  Anything to do with new age and occult has demons attached to it.....these things are not innocent toys but are spiritually dangerous.

Oh, definitely I avoid anything like this.   In fact I had to leave that church several years ago due to the senior pastor they got.   He actually said in a sermon that a Bible verse was wrong!   When I questioned him later, he said the Bible was proven wrong!!   I couldn't go there after that.

Reading their website tonight (due to the wedding topic), I see he finally left that church.   He was still there in 2017 apparently.   It's too bad he took that church way down the liberal path (inclusive, progressive are their terms).   Previously we had very good pastors there.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

@Debp Good job! Thanks for bringing this to our attention. From what I've read of it so far, it has connections to both the New Age movement and the occult. I think it's something to have nothing to do with. It's a blessing that we can warn others through Worthy. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Debp said:

Oh, definitely I avoid anything like this.   In fact I had to leave that church several years ago due to the senior pastor they got.   He actually said in a sermon that a Bible verse was wrong!   When I questioned him later, he said the Bible was proven wrong!!   I couldn't go there after that.

Reading their website tonight (due to the wedding topic), I see he finally left that church.   He was still there in 2017 apparently.   It's too bad he took that church way down the liberal path (inclusive, progressive are their terms).   Previously we had very good pastors there.

Amen......yes, I understand and was just advising everyone in general to keep away.  Curiosity sometimes kills the cat, we all just shouldn't let our minds go down any path of thinking that isn't scriptural or we might find ourselves getting caught in the snare.  Things can seem so reasonable to the logic of the carnal mind but be from the wrong Tree.  There are ways that seemeth so right to man but lead to death.

It's so sad when we see churches and ministries going astray.....the falling away is excruciating to watch.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 2

• Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, Debp said:

I haven't heard of this one before.   Has anyone else heard of "enneagram stance"?   I saw a liberal church in my neighborhood advertising it, having meetings on it.    This particular church's pastor told me several years ago that the Bible was proven wrong in many ways!!   So I am guessing this "enneagram stance" is some kind of new age thing.   I looked it up briefly and it seems to be about knowing one's personality (of three types).

The enneagram is basically just another personality characterization system like Myers-Briggs and others.  These schemes basically pick a number and say that there are that many different personality types.  It's like saying there are two types of people, tall and short.  Then you get some descriptions that make it feel like this applies to you.  Do you ever notice you cannot fit into the back seat of a car?  or that you bump your head?  You might be a tall person!  Do you ever notice you cannot reach the top shelf?  You might be a short person!   Then there is a list of survey items to answer.  Of course, height is something that differs between people and such things as being able to reach the top shelf or hitting one's head can be a result of that.  However, height is something that is on a continuum and not a binary tall or short quantity.  The issue is that many (if not all) personality traits are on a continuum and these types of schemes do not acknowledge that.  These types of personality characterization systems go back to Plato saying there were 4 personality types.  There are the Facebook tests of are you left-brained or right-brained or are you an introvert?   The most helpful thing I've found in these types of schemes is that they make people aware of how different other people's personalities can be.   Many people go off the deep end believing these types of tests the first time they run across them.   I did for a time with the Myers-Briggs stuff. 

The more useful personality characterization systems I'm aware of are ones like the Big-5 (or OCEAN) model which are based on a lot of research.  In addition such tools as the Gallup StrengthsFinder based on a lot of research tend to be insightful.   These systems measure tendencies that we individually have rather than trying to lump us into X number of categories.  These are more like measuring our height rather than trying to categorize us all as either short or tall.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0

I've never heard of that either sounds preety strange to me, 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

10 hours ago, turtletwo said:

@Debp Good job! Thanks for bringing this to our attention. From what I've read of it so far, it has connections to both the New Age movement and the occult. I think it's something to have nothing to do with. It's a blessing that we can warn others through Worthy. 

ABSOLUTELY RIGHT .    And here we were last night in the bible is right , reading about this ,   WHOSE MOUTHS MUST BE STOPPED    .    YALL SOUND IT OUT and let no one go near it .

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

9 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

Amen......yes, I understand and was just advising everyone in general to keep away.  Curiosity sometimes kills the cat, we all just shouldn't let our minds go down any path of thinking that isn't scriptural or we might find ourselves getting caught in the snare.  Things can seem so reasonable to the logic of the carnal mind but be from the wrong Tree.  There are ways that seemeth so right to man but lead to death.

It's so sad when we see churches and ministries going astray.....the falling away is excruciating to watch.

Indeed it is .     Let all double down in bibles and let us do all things that honor HE who has saved us .  

And exactly right ,    From the wrong tree it is indeed .   

• Thumbs Up 3
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

13 hours ago, GandalfTheWise said:

The enneagram is basically just another personality characterization system like Myers-Briggs and others. 

Greeting Brother,   That's exactly what I thought. I had a relative close as a real brother. He and his sister became deeply involved i anything New Age. I had to hear of it all, even though I wasn't interested, and I never heard of this neither. I lost this relative some 4 years ago. So this must be some old idea spun to suck people into the New Age. Another member looked into it and it leads to self-actualization. That leads too their idea of Christ Consciousness and that is New Age. I heard of that since 1989. There's an excellent You Tube video on it where an ex-New Ager (now saved) drills down into why it's wrong, better than I can.It'd important for us to keep informed and ready to answer a New Ager. Most of them are educated but they're also starving spiritually. The last time they tried a phony personality testing as a way to suck people in it involved some were one color & others another. I always read most of my bother's letters but I have little patience for this stuff sine I know the Lord Jesus. I also knew his stuff would eventually lead away from Jesus, that was where I'd stop reading. I'll share this with you all, I was once in school studying to be a doctor of psychology. Personality is a most complex phenomena. The theories to explain it are as numerous a the theorists. Personality cannot be understood with any 1 test, all such attempts are bound to fail. But this enneagram  stance stuff isn't meant to help someone understand themselves, it's meant to kep them away from Jesus. It is not good.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.82
  • Days Won:  226

20 hours ago, Debp said:

I haven't heard of this one before.   Has anyone else heard of "enneagram stance"?   I saw a liberal church in my neighborhood advertising it, having meetings on it.    This particular church's pastor told me several years ago that the Bible was proven wrong in many ways!!   So I am guessing this "enneagram stance" is some kind of new age thing.   I looked it up briefly and it seems to be about knowing one's personality (of three types).

It is not good. Apparently it is associated with Islamic mysticism and gnosticism. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,016
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,291
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

19 hours ago, GandalfTheWise said:

The enneagram is basically just another personality characterization system like Myers-Briggs and others.  These schemes basically pick a number and say that there are that many different personality types.  It's like saying there are two types of people, tall and short.  Then you get some descriptions that make it feel like this applies to you.  Do you ever notice you cannot fit into the back seat of a car?  or that you bump your head?  You might be a tall person!  Do you ever notice you cannot reach the top shelf?  You might be a short person!   Then there is a list of survey items to answer.  Of course, height is something that differs between people and such things as being able to reach the top shelf or hitting one's head can be a result of that.  However, height is something that is on a continuum and not a binary tall or short quantity.  The issue is that many (if not all) personality traits are on a continuum and these types of schemes do not acknowledge that.  These types of personality characterization systems go back to Plato saying there were 4 personality types.  There are the Facebook tests of are you left-brained or right-brained or are you an introvert?   The most helpful thing I've found in these types of schemes is that they make people aware of how different other people's personalities can be.   Many people go off the deep end believing these types of tests the first time they run across them.   I did for a time with the Myers-Briggs stuff. 

The more useful personality characterization systems I'm aware of are ones like the Big-5 (or OCEAN) model which are based on a lot of research.  In addition such tools as the Gallup StrengthsFinder based on a lot of research tend to be insightful.   These systems measure tendencies that we individually have rather than trying to lump us into X number of categories.  These are more like measuring our height rather than trying to categorize us all as either short or tall.

I have to disagree.   It is much more than a personality test.

If you read the description I posted from the ministry teaching this....they talk about balancing stances in order to free up physical, emotional and spiritual energy.   They say it is a lifelong process.   Definitely sounds new age to me.   A personality test would be only to reveal a personality type.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Brilliant! 1