Debp

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

@Debp, @JTC    I'll stand corrected on that one.   I'd seen it years ago and known some people using it that did limit use to personality testing.  From what you've seen, it does seem some people are using it for much more than that.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

Additionally, the 'new shrink' uses personality stuff as a weapon.

I do NOT like Psycho-Heresy due to this godless classification of people stripping the Lord of His Sovereignty. It is insipid and weasels its way into the church so that many have their own psyche departments.
Once established there, it will eat at faith like a cancer and cause much family havoc.
I have experienced this first-hand and know of its destruction in my own life.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

44 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Additionally, the 'new shrink' uses personality stuff as a weapon.

I do NOT like Psycho-Heresy due to this godless classification of people stripping the Lord of His Sovereignty. It is insipid and weasels its way into the church so that many have their own psyche departments.
Once established there, it will eat at faith like a cancer and cause much family havoc.
I have experienced this first-hand and know of its destruction in my own life.

Many churches have turned into little more than self help clinics unfortunately.......and in spite of this they make no progress in truly being healed, with everyone still gazing at their navels so to speak when you go back to visit years later.  We won't get healed looking at ourselves (our navels) and heeding the philosophies of the world and men....we need to come to a place of looking to the Lord alone.  He is our only Help and Healer and Deliverer.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Definitely stay away from anything that is New Age. If anyone doesn't know what's New Age I recommend the videos made by Steven Bancarz. He's made quite a few anti New Age videos and he seems to really understand what he's saying. He was once involved in it but luckily he never renounced Jesus so the Lord was able to go to him and he realized Jesus is Lord.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

I had stated in a different thread and think it is well worth repeating. “Satan has no problem mixing enough truth to make a teaching seem right with just enough error to send people to hell.” The following quotes came from wikipedia and from an online religious magazine.

The Enneagram helps us begin an honest interrogation of the depths of our identity, of who we really are. When we accept our inherent beauty, we find the courage to examine what makes us beautiful—to honestly encounter both the good and the bad, the shadow and the light. More than anything I’ve encountered, the Enneagram helps us do just that.

present nine unique contemplative prayer postures and prayer intentions combinations that I think perfectly align with each of the nine Enneagram types as these distinct paths to God.

in spirituality it is more commonly presented as a path to higher states of being, essence, and enlightenment.

When you put all the quotes together, Certainly sounds like yoga mixed with new age belief's. Interesting that the wikipedia article said

shares little with traditional Christian doctrine or spirituality,

I agree with you that this is a doctrine to be avoided big time. Instead of a person relying on God's word and the Holy Spirits leading; It puts the focus and attention on some chart. Bad idea.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

It's really no surprise that the New Age took this old idea about Enneagrams and is spinning it to sound new. That's what the New Age does, I know bc I listened to my cousin tell me stuff for 20 yrs. But since I was well grounded in the Word of God I always knew what he said was false. So the best defense against New Age lies is to know what God says. God's words are a sword for us and we can slash New Age lies to ribbons with it. But we must know what the Word says. That means reading it daily or at least weekly. I say that bc depending where you are in life you may not have a lot of time. But don't neglect it for long and don't rely on what you hear in church or on TV from preachers. They are good but you have to read the Word yourself, otherwise the next old New Age idea may seem true to you. They never are. They all lead you away from the one true God to the bad gods. And don't think the bad gods are not real, they're real, but they are in rebellion against our God. Don't listen to them.

• Thumbs Up 1