Debp

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,017
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,296
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Interesting article with some pretty photos of baptisms in Jordan River.   Israel more popular with Evangelicals than with U.S.Jews.   Has anyone here toured Israel?   Maybe share your experiences and feelings?   Or do you plan to go in the future?

https://www.npr.org/2019/08/25/753720351/as-u-s-jews-cool-to-israel-evangelicals-flock-there-as-tourists

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,934
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

Yes, Jesus will be our guide in a free tour to His city when He comes to take us home.

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  263
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

I have not been to the Holy Land and I do not think I will go in the future, which is kind of strange because I love Jesus of Nazareth and am fascinated by biblical archaeology. Maybe I will go to  Chicago.

Incredibly  , at the Oriental Institute  of the University of Chicago is the undisputed , and authentic Sennacherib Prism which proves 100% that Jesus`s  ancestor King Hezekiah, mentioned in Matthew 1:6-16 and Isaiah 36-37, really existed. This ancient stone from about 2700 BC basically proves that the amazing story in Isaiah 36-37 (also mentioned in 2 Kings)  is true and that the entire Bible can be trusted. The prism stone has almost identical sister stone prisms in the UK and Jerusalem.

https://www.kchanson.com/ANCDOCS/meso/sennprism1.html

The Sennacherib Prism is one of the greatest scientific discoveries in  history because it gives great  credibility to the New Testament.

And it is almost in the centre of the US of A! The stones themselves would cry out if the Apostles kept quiet , Jesus said in Luke.

(to the seekers and unbelievers reading from across the globe) :Sweet people of all  ethnicities  in America and all the nations of the world, please believe in Jesus Christ as your Savior and God. I humbly say that Jesus is the only Way to happiness in this life and everlasting  life in Heaven.

Jesus offers you a free gift of infinite value.....but you have to accept this gift to become a child of God, by believing in  and trusting in  Christ.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

Biblical archeology is interesting, isn't it?

Anyone thinking of taking a trip to Israel?   What would you most like to see there?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/26/2019 at 2:26 PM, Debp said:

Interesting article with some pretty photos of baptisms in Jordan River.   Israel more popular with Evangelicals than with U.S.Jews.   Has anyone here toured Israel?   Maybe share your experiences and feelings?   Or do you plan to go in the future?

https://www.npr.org/2019/08/25/753720351/as-u-s-jews-cool-to-israel-evangelicals-flock-there-as-tourists

I have been twice, when I was in the pentecostal church, & was even baptised in the River Jordan, but I don't believe in water baptism now, as it is spiritual blood baptism, where our hearts are sprinkled.

It was good to see Bethlehem from the Mount of Olives, I hadn't realised it was only a few miles away. In Jerusalem, there was a lot of religiousosity, with robes of eastern orthodox church. Floating in the dead sea was amazing, you could sit up & read the paper, but make sure you don't put your head under, as  some kids did, but on the shore they had showers to wash off, as your left a bit slimy with the 30% salt & minerals in there. People with skin complaints go there, for the healing minerals of the sea. I know this, as I cut my foot, but within an hour my foot had, for the most part, healed over, & because the land lies so low, the UV rays of the sun are minuscule, so actually does you good. Meggido was vast, where Armageddon will be. We went up Mt Nebo where Moses saw the promised land, but could not enter.

You get through loads of bottled water as it's 30-33 degrees everyday, but amazingly hardly any flies. The lake of Galilee we went round by boat, we weren't brave enough to walk on the water! Overall 2 best holidays I have ever had, the bible comes to life.

• Loved it! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

I would love to go there but it isn't going to happen.

• Loved it! 1

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

I would love to go there but it isn't going to happen.

I'm not traveling now either.

17 hours ago, Yeshua153 said:

I have been twice, when I was in the pentecostal church, & was even baptised in the River Jordan, but I don't believe in water baptism now, as it is spiritual blood baptism, where our hearts are sprinkled.

It was good to see Bethlehem from the Mount of Olives, I hadn't realised it was only a few miles away. In Jerusalem, there was a lot of religiousosity, with robes of eastern orthodox church. Floating in the dead sea was amazing, you could sit up & read the paper, but make sure you don't put your head under, as  some kids did, but on the shore they had showers to wash off, as your left a bit slimy with the 30% salt & minerals in there. People with skin complaints go there, for the healing minerals of the sea. I know this, as I cut my foot, but within an hour my foot had, for the most part, healed over, & because the land lies so low, the UV rays of the sun are minuscule, so actually does you good. Meggido was vast, where Armageddon will be. We went up Mt Nebo where Moses saw the promised land, but could not enter.

You get through loads of bottled water as it's 30-33 degrees everyday, but amazingly hardly any flies. The lake of Galilee we went round by boat, we weren't brave enough to walk on the water! Overall 2 best holidays I have ever had, the bible comes to life.

Really enjoyed your description, thanks!   Not sure about slimy water though! 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

We went earlier this year, and enjoyed it immensely. It gives you a much better appreciation of the geography and landscape of the Bible.

It's often forgotten that Jordan also contains a large number of Biblical places. We went there about 15 years ago.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Deborah_ said:

We went earlier this year, and enjoyed it immensely. It gives you a much better appreciation of the geography and landscape of the Bible.

It's often forgotten that Jordan also contains a large number of Biblical places. We went there about 15 years ago.

Did you go to Petra, the Rose Red City?   Must be pretty and archeologically stunning.

https://www.visitpetra.jo/

Edited by Debp

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

18 minutes ago, Debp said:

Did you go to Petra, the Rose Red City?   Must be pretty and archeologically stunning.

https://www.visitpetra.jo/

Oh yes... how could anyone visit Jordan and not go to Petra?

I personally wouldn't describe it as 'pretty' - but stunning, definitely.

• Thumbs Up 1