Serenity Jay

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Hey I posted this early in the welcome forum but thought I post it elsewhere. 

Hey everyone,  I just posted my first welcome post.  So I know I have to post a few before posting in a designated forum.  I wanted to share a dream with you all, but first I should start with what happened to me a week ago.  It was kind of quiet in my house and I heard a voice say that I need to prepare myself because my health is going to take a turn.  At the time, I wasn't sure of the voice.  So I prayed and asked God to show me in a dream if it was him talking to me. 

(God called me to prophecy about 6 years ago; I  am just now learning to fully walk in it; and he shows me things in dreams which I know for sure because many of my dreams have come true over the years). 

So fastforward to the dream.  About 3 or 4 days after hearing about my health.  I had a dream about earthworms.  They were surrounding me.  I remember it being at the job I work, and I believe my dad was in it (I'm not sure).  They never touched me.  I remembered almost stepping on one. So I decided to look up what it meant.  I found quite a few things.  There are several meanings, but when I first researched it there are a few things that caught my attention (these are snips of what I found):

• It also warns that there is sickness around you
  • Sometimes dream of worms can be related to cancer, which could be disastrous to your health.  When this happens it shows that you are likely to experience stubborn infirmities that money can't cure.  If this is true on your part, you may start rebuking such evil effects.
  • Portend a deterioration of health
  • Expressed as facing sorrow regarding dreamer's health (biblical meaning I found)
  • It may warn that your physical health may come under attack from an illness
  • It may indicate that you may have health problems in the future period.

There were other things  I found, but I did not want to overload the topic at hand.  Anybody every experience this kind of dream or similar?  Any thoughts on this as well?

Thanks, Serenity Jay!!

p.s. I am learning the difference between prophecy and visions. I am open to those thoughts as well.

Edited by Serenity Jay
Title change

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

I do not put a lot of importance on dreams. It would have to conform completely to what the Bible already says. When we fall asleep our body slows down considerably but our brain continues to be quite active. Dreams are just a series of emotions, images and ideas. I do not take them very seriously. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

8 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I do not put a lot of importance on dreams. It would have to conform completely to what the Bible already says. When we fall asleep our body slows down considerably but our brain continues to be quite active. Dreams are just a series of emotions, images and ideas. I do not take them very seriously. 

Thank you for your response.  I do agree how dreams can be a series of emotions.  Especially we can have those dreams that are very scattered.

• 3 months later...

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

When I was younger I was quite good at analyzing dreams. It was a special interest of mine so I studied several methods of dream interpretation. In my experience dreams are seldom messages from God although it does happen. Usually a dream reflects something that happened in the past 2 to 3 days that escaped our conscious mind. It might have been something we don't like about our-self. Although just as often a dream has a wish fulfillment in it. It can be a wish we are unaware of. 

Most people focus on the symbols or images of the dream but the emotions are usually more important. Whenever a person told me a dream my first questions was what were they feelings. And symbols are always specific to the dreamer so those books that tell you what a certain symbol means is usually of no value. There are a few exceptions. Eating in a dream usually represents feelings of love, while water often represents sexual desire. (unless the person almost drowned in which case the drowning needs to be explored) Dreams are very personal and to properly analyze one you have to know something about the dreamer, the more the better.

Here's an interesting phenomena I've noticed over the years. You may want to take notice of it. Most of the time a man will dream in B & W, while mostly women dream in color. I don't know why but when a man sees a color in his dream that color almost always is significant in determining the meaning of the dream. But in a woman's dream it's a 50/50 deal. The color may mean something but it just may not. Interesting huh.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  04/18/1971

I thought the fact that you mentioned that the earthworms didn't touch you was significant.  It reminded me of Psalm 91:7 "A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you."

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  125
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,082
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

Just ask God what it means.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,782
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

All ideas~ dreams are to be put under the scrutiny of the Scriptures for that alone hold the promise of God

2 Tim 3:15-17

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
KJV

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  771
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Birthday:  10/07/1947

On 12/4/2019 at 10:21 PM, JTC said:

When I was younger I was quite good at analyzing dreams. It was a special interest of mine so I studied several methods of dream interpretation. In my experience dreams are seldom messages from God although it does happen. Usually a dream reflects something that happened in the past 2 to 3 days that escaped our conscious mind. It might have been something we don't like about our-self. Although just as often a dream has a wish fulfillment in it. It can be a wish we are unaware of. 

Most people focus on the symbols or images of the dream but the emotions are usually more important. Whenever a person told me a dream my first questions was what were they feelings. And symbols are always specific to the dreamer so those books that tell you what a certain symbol means is usually of no value. There are a few exceptions. Eating in a dream usually represents feelings of love, while water often represents sexual desire. (unless the person almost drowned in which case the drowning needs to be explored) Dreams are very personal and to properly analyze one you have to know something about the dreamer, the more the better.

Here's an interesting phenomena I've noticed over the years. You may want to take notice of it. Most of the time a man will dream in B & W, while mostly women dream in color. I don't know why but when a man sees a color in his dream that color almost always is significant in determining the meaning of the dream. But in a woman's dream it's a 50/50 deal. The color may mean something but it just may not. Interesting huh.

Show me anywhere in Acts and the letters by the Apostles where dream interpretation is taught as a gift of the Spirit.  There are quite a number of New Age sites dealing with dream interpretation, and it is significant that Sigmund Freud was one of the pioneers of dream interpretation and the New Agers see him as their "guru".

In the light of nothing said or taught in Acts or the Apostles about dream interpretation, and the fact that it is a central factor in New Age mysticism, I would have serious doubts about it.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  771
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Birthday:  10/07/1947

On 2/2/2020 at 10:54 PM, hishandmaiden said:

Dreams can sometimes come from God. After all, in the bible, there are many instances when God does speak through dreams.

And two dream interpreters, Joseph, Daniel are held in high esteem by their rulers.

In Acts or the Apostles?  Seems to be missing after the Day of Pentecost.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

14 hours ago, Paul James said:

Show me anywhere in Acts and the letters by the Apostles where dream interpretation is taught as a gift of the Spirit. 

Paul James you totally misunderstood my post.