Serenity Jay

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Hey everyone. So I know God called to prophecy about 6 years ago. And I wanted to ask if you all believe there is a difference between having a prophetic dream and a vision? Is so, why? And if not, why as well? I am still learning and growing.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 hour ago, Serenity Jay said:

Hey everyone. So I know God called to prophecy about 6 years ago. And I wanted to ask if you all believe there is a difference between having a prophetic dream and a vision? Is so, why? And if not, why as well? I am still learning and growing.

Hi @Serenity Jay,

To put it simply, dreams are in a sleep state, and visions are during a conscious state. Both can be prophetic, but they do need interpretation. Prophetic dreams or visions almost always tell of future events. If they don't come true, and/or have not lined up with the God's Word, they should be dismissed as false, or at the least, from the human heart out of desire. Hope that helps you some. God bless.

Shalom,

David/BeauJangles

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

That truly helped. Thank you! I never thought of visions like that. I have had visions now that I think of it. But not as many as things I have seen in the dream realm.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• 4 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

I have alot of prophetic dreams too but im not called to be a prophet.. Um i dont think theres much of a difference. One happens while sleep the other while awake.

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  771
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/07/1947

On 8/27/2019 at 4:03 PM, BeauJangles said:

Hi @Serenity Jay,

To put it simply, dreams are in a sleep state, and visions are during a conscious state. Both can be prophetic, but they do need interpretation. Prophetic dreams or visions almost always tell of future events. If they don't come true, and/or have not lined up with the God's Word, they should be dismissed as false, or at the least, from the human heart out of desire. Hope that helps you some. God bless.

Shalom,

David/BeauJangles

Any dream or vision that needs third party interpretation has to be suspect.  All the dreams and visions shown in the New Testament were clear to the person receiving them and did not need interpretation by someone with the "gift" of dream/vision  interpretation.

1 minute ago, Paul James said:

Any dream or vision that needs third party interpretation has to be suspect.  All the dreams and visions shown in the New Testament were clear to the person receiving them and did not need interpretation by someone with the "gift" of dream/vision  interpretation.

I have no idea what or why you are quoting me, neither do I believe in any so-called "gift" of dream interpretations. It's not listed in Paul's epistles concerning the gifts of the Holy Spirit either. What my post stated was the difference between dreams and visions. The opster wasn't clear concerning it. I also doubt John having the vision of what has been written down in Revelation fully comprehended his vision to absolutes. So many things he saw were not known in ancient times. It would have been impossible to know all of what he experienced at that time.  

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  771
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/07/1947

15 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

I have no idea what or why you are quoting me, neither do I believe in any so-called "gift" of dream interpretations. It's not listed in Paul's epistles concerning the gifts of the Holy Spirit either. What my post stated was the difference between dreams and visions. The opster wasn't clear concerning it. I also doubt John having the vision of what has been written down in Revelation fully comprehended his vision to absolutes. So many things he saw were not known in ancient times. It would have been impossible to know all of what he experienced at that time.  

I looked through the posts and chose your one as the best one to quote - not that I am disagreeing with what you are saying, but rather to bring attention to those who interpret dreams and vision as their "special gift".  I have to be honest and say that I believe that dream and vision interpretation is New Age mysticism, while saying that dreams and visions can truly come from the Lord, but are clear and direct so they can be known by the person having the dream or vision.

I sometimes have dreams about people I know.  I see that as a signal to pray for them.  I won't know why they need prayer, but there was a reason why I dreamed about that person, so hold that person up before the Lord so that He will do His will in that person's situation, whatever it is.

I have some really vivid dreams at times, which appear very logical while I am dreaming, but are seen as totally illogical when I wake up and remember the dream.   Often I will say to the Lord, "That was a crazy one!"  But I don't try to interpret it. If the logic of the dream remained the same when I woke up and it was a clear message from the Lord, then I was ask, "Lord, what do you want me to do about that one?"  This is because the dream could be a word of knowledge which could be a warning either for me, or for someone else, and if for someone else, I would ask for a word of wisdom from the Lord to guide me in exactly how to share it with that person.

• Thumbs Up 1

58 minutes ago, Paul James said:

I have to be honest and say that I believe that dream and vision interpretation is New Age mysticism,

Yes, it could be easily steered into that territory if one is not grounded and careful. I'm also leery of making calls on those kinds of things as well. 

• Thumbs Up 1