IGNORED

Signs in the heavens, the earth, and the sea?

luigi

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,744
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Days Won:  0

22 minutes ago, unworthyservant said:

I beg to differ, while he is indeed deceiving many (even many Christians) don't say ALL. Never is a word I seldom use for good reason! Those who have Faith and let God run their lives according to His will, will see Satan for what he is every time. And NO, Satan is not the ruler, he's just running amok and deceiving a great many along the way until God (Who is the real Ruler!)puts a stop to all that at His appointed time!

Yes the devil is currently deceiving the whole world, (Rev 12:9), until the Lord commences to reign through the faithful (Revelation 12:10).

Revelation 12:10  And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. 

22 minutes ago, unworthyservant said:

I beg to differ, while he is indeed deceiving many (even many Christians) don't say ALL. Never is a word I seldom use for good reason! Those who have Faith and let God run their lives according to His will, will see Satan for what he is every time. And NO, Satan is not the ruler, he's just running amok and deceiving a great many along the way until God (Who is the real Ruler!)puts a stop to all that at His appointed time!

3wes

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

11 minutes ago, luigi said:

Unworthyservant, King James spent a kings fortune hiring the best interpreters of his time over an approximate two year time period to translate all the manuscripts of the time into what is now the KJV.

Most modern day translations are derived from the KJV.

Yep, and they interpreted in to the "Kings English". That's all I said. I have studied original language translation (i.e. Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek) as well the "Kings English" vs. the common vernacular of the day, and there are relatively few important translation nuances that affect the real message compared with the majority which are pretty spot on. You are correct that many more modern translations are derived from the KJV, but what's your point?

3 minutes ago, luigi said:

Yes the devil is currently deceiving the whole world, (Rev 12:9), until the Lord commences to reign through the faithful (Revelation 12:10).

Revelation 12:10  And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. 

3wes

Now I'm really confused! I'm not confused about the topic but about whatever the question you have or the point you are trying to make or for that matter the hypothesis upon which you base either. So, if I don't agree with the basic principle that you outline in your original post, I doubt if I agree with whatever you are trying to say in defense of it.

40 minutes ago, unworthyservant said:

Many who claim themselves Christians today, believe in certain leaders /Christs to be their savior

19 minutes ago, luigi said:

Many who claim themselves Christians today, believe in certain leaders /Christs to be their savior

OK, that makes a little more sense, and I agree with you on that particular point. I just hate it when folks give Satan too much credit and ignore the fact that if we just walk a little closer with God we don't have to worry about Satan, certain leaders or "christs"other than the True Son of God, to be of any concern other than to point out their lies so that others won't be fooled either. (They're certainly no ones savior!)Matter of fact, I'd rather strengthen someones Faith so they can discern for themselves than have to point out every false teaching that exists in this world, it's much better that way.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  16

3 hours ago, luigi said:

Unworthyservant, King James spent a kings fortune hiring the best interpreters of his time over an approximate two year time period to translate all the manuscripts of the time into what is now the KJV.

Most modern day translations are derived from the KJV.

that is simply not true.  Even the NKJV was directly translated  from original language manuscripts, and even relied on a  slightly different set of manuscripts than the KJV did.

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  341
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

15 hours ago, luigi said:

In the Olivets, the Lord describes signs in the heavens, the earth, and the seas occurring during the end of the current age (Luke 21:25).
Men's hearts will fail them due to their perceiving that the environment is only going to get worse (Luke 21:26).
To me these signs appear like what is currently transpiring in the environment due to global warming, which is picking up speed, and according to the majority consensus will become significantly more severe.
The alternative perspective among many religious organizations is that the signs will be supernatural in nature.
So here is the question: If the current distress of nations with perplexity is due to increase as the environment continues to deteriorate as the scientific consensus claims; how then will we know the difference between any supposed supernatural signs in the heavens, the earth, and the sea, from those the scientific consensus already recognizes will occur due to mankind's destruction of the environment?

Luke 21:25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; 
26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

well the third horseman is drought and before him is war, and we have had every war possible for 100 years, but till u see the stars fall then u will really know its time

16 hours ago, JTC said:

I get you Luigi. Truly truly I tell you, in 1979 these verses sounded like their time had arrived. I won't be here in 2059. Pity, I would have loved to hear what you say then. 

Greenland just experienced melting at levels not expected to be seen until 2070. I don't think we'll have to wait to 2059 for the events in Revelation 8 to materialize.

The Middle East has for several years now been experiencing severe drought conditions. For the last couple of years, the Indian government has been sending water trains to numerous cities where the water has run out. 

We are supposed to keep a watch out for these signs (Mark 13:37).

Mark 13:37 And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch. 

13 hours ago, unworthyservant said:

K

Men's hearts failing them in the KJV means heart attacks in Old English. By the way, most modern bibles are derived from the KJV.

There is this documentary on PBS which shows King James over several years having spent a king's fortune hiring the best translators of Greek and other languages that the scriptures were written in to translate these as accurately as they could.

Originally, I used to prefer reading the Revised Berkeley version in modern English, until one day I read Hosea 3:1 which states the sin of some Judeans was that they loved raisin cakes. A love for pastry did not seem to make much sense to me, so I picked up the KJV, which has the sin these Judeans loved, being flagons of wine. Since being heavy duty drinkers seemed a more logical sin than did a love for pastry, I have since kept reading the KJV. 

9 hours ago, Jostler said:

that is simply not true.  Even the NKJV was directly translated  from original language manuscripts, and even relied on a  slightly different set of manuscripts than the KJV did.

Hello Jostler, I can understand where loving large quantities of wine can be sin in Hosea 3:1 KJV, but I cannot see why loving pastries as stated in Hosea 3:1 NKJV is sin.

Hosea 3:1 KJV Then said the Lord unto me, Go yet, love a woman beloved of her friend, yet an adulteress, according to the love of the Lord toward the children of Israel, who look to other gods, and love flagons of wine.

Hosea 3:1 NKJV Then the Lord said to me, “Go again, love a woman who is loved by a lover[a] and is committing adultery, just like the love of the Lord for the children of Israel, who look to other gods and love the raisin cakes of the pagans.”