luigi

Signs in the heavens, the earth, and the sea?

19 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

The bible is different. I was just reading Ephesians (I posted a link to a few scriptures earlier. It is a letter. Written to a church. By Paul. And there is some very good stuff in there from which we can learn, partly because he is one of the apostles - part of the foundation on which the church is built. But even he came up with some, um, interesting stuff.

E.g. http://www.michaelsheiser.com/TheNakedBible/1 Cor11 head covering testicle.pdf

Edit: I forgot to clarify - I do believe it CONTAINS the words of God. When it prefaces things with something like "And then God said" or the lettering is in red, then I think it is "the word of God."

Do you remember that when the Pharisees asked Jesus about divorce, how He responded that at the time Moses gave that law (from God) to them, that it was because of their backward nature at the time (Matthew 19:3-8)?

Likewise, there are seven churches throughout the world back then, as well as in the end times, which are enlightened by the Lords seven stars/angels (Revelation 1). These seven stars provide slight modifications in their illuminating of the seven churches, otherwise only one stars standard illumination would suffice. As such, the data on women from a certain region covering their heads with a veil, would then I think apply to that particular church at that time. It could even have applied to all seven churches at that time; I don't know. I do not, however, believe that women covering their heads with a veil today is necessary; at least not in western churches.

• Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, luigi said:

I see the four gospels provided by the Word/Jesus, so that we cross reference the data. The four gospels also help disperse many individual's personal opinions where they cherry pick some scriptures  while omitting others.

I completely agree. And I think God is behind that!

• Thumbs Up 1