IGNORED

The Kingdom Of Heaven Parables. (Matt 13.)

Marilyn C

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,182
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN PARABLES. (Matt. 13)

There are many `Kingdom of Heaven` parables, however I will just comment on the Matthew 13 ones here. I`ll do each parable in a separate box, as you may want to comment on a specific one.

In this passage, Matthew 13 we see the Lord talking to the people of Israel concerning the promise of God for rulership through them as a nation over the nations of the world. The `kingdom of heaven,` is the rulership from heaven through Israel. Daniel spoke of this time - `the God of heaven will set up a kingdom,` (Dan. 2: 44) This is shortened to `the kingdom (rule) of heaven.`

This will be in the millennium when God will rule through Israel over the nations. This is the rulership, (kingdom) that Israel was promised and was looking forward to. Jesus used parables to remind Israel of God`s promises. All the parables point to the type of rulership God will set up and who will be there.

The Parable of the Sower.

The Sower is the Son of Man.  `He who sows the good seed is the Son of Man.(Matt. 13: 37)

The Seed, is God`s word from the Lord, to Israel This is confirmed throughout the prophets that God would rule through Israel over the nations of the world. The God of heaven would set up His kingdom rule through Israel - the kingdom rule of heaven.

`And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom, (rule) which shall never be destroyed...` (Dan. 2: 44)

The Parable of the Wheat & Tares.

This is about the righteous and unrighteous at the end of the age. The Lord is reminding the people of Israel the prophetic words of Daniel.

`Then the righteous will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their father.` (Matt. 13: 43)

`Those who are wise shall shine like the brightness of the firmament and those who turn many to righteousness, like the stars forever.` (Dan. 12: 3)

The Parable of the Mustard Seed.

Here the Lord is again reminding the people of Israel of God`s promise that He would rule through them over the nations of the world. They would be reminded of what the prophet Ezekiel said.

`...the mustard seed... is the least of all the seeds; but when it is grown it is greater than the herbs and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and rest in its branches.` (Matt. 13: 31 & 32)

`On the mountain top of Israel  I will plant it, ( a young twig) and it will bring forth boughs, and bear fruit, and be a majestic  cedar. Under it will dwell birds of every sort; in the shadow of its branches they will dwell.` (Ez. 17: 22 & 23)

• Thumbs Up 1

The Parable of the Leaven.

Here the Lord reminds the people of Israel of their nation`s beginnings with Abraham & Sarah, of God`s miraculous intervention of the promised son.

`The kingdom (rule) of heaven is like leaven which a woman took and hid in three measures of meal till it was leavened.` (Matt. 13: 33)

`...Abraham hastened into the tent to Sarah and said, :Quickly, make ready three measures of fine meal; knead it and make fine cakes.` (Gen. 18:  6)

`The Lord said .....I will certainly return to you according to the time of life, and behold, Sarah your wife shall have a son.”  (Gen. 18: 10)

`The Lord said......since Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him.`  (Gen. 18: 18)

The people of Israel should have realised that the Lord was speaking about the 3 heavenly visitors that came to Abraham and told him that his wife would have a son. The 3 cakes, indicates the 3 visitors, and the wonderful news of the coming miraculous son, the early beginnings of their nation.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Parable of the Treasure.

`The kingdom (rule) of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and hid; and for joy over it he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field. ` (Matt. 13: 44)

`Now therefore , if you will indeed obey my voice and keep my covenant, then you shall be a SPECIAL TREASURE  to me above all people; for all the earth is mine.` (Ex. 19: 6)

Earlier in the parables the Lord said that `the field is the world,` (Matt. 13: 38) Then in Exodus we read that the Lord regards Israel as His special treasure.

So it is that God gave His all, His Son to fulfil the covenant, that Israel could not fulfil. God `sold all,` to redeem Israel His treasure. 

The Parable of the Pearl of Great Price.

`Again the kingdom (rule) of heaven is like a merchant seeking beautiful pearls, who, when he found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that He had and bought it.` (Matt. 13: 45 & 46)

The merchant is God who was looking for a righteous ruler.

The `pearl of great price,` is the Lord. Pearls speak of wisdom, and it is by wisdom that Kings rule. (Prov. 8: 11 & 15) Solomon was the wisest ruler Israel ever had, yet the Lord said that ` a greater than Solomon is here.` (Matt. 12: 42) Thus the Lord is the wisest ruler, the great pearl.

God gave His all, His only Son, so that He would come to earth and not only redeem man but take on rulership of Israel by being born of that nation.  

• Loved it! 1

The Parable of the Dragnet.

`Again, the kingdom (rule) of heaven is like a dragnet that was cast into the sea and gathered some of every kind, which, when it was full, they drew to shore; and they sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but threw the bad away.

So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come forth, separate the wicked from among the just, and cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth. ` (Matt. 13: 47 - 50)

The Lord is reminding the people of Israel of the judgment at the end of this age before the millennium. The wicked will be separated from the righteous.

“For behold, the day is coming burning like an oven, and all the proud, yes, all who do wickedly will be stubble. And the day which is coming shall burn them up,” says the Lord of Hosts, “That will leave them neither root nor branch.

But you who fear my name the Sun of Righteousness shall arise with healing in His wings; and you shall go out and grow fat like stall-fed calves. (Mal.4: 1 & 2)

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,570
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

20 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN PARABLES. (Matt. 13)

There are many `Kingdom of Heaven` parables, however I will just comment on the Matthew 13 ones here. I`ll do each parable in a separate box, as you may want to comment on a specific one.

In this passage, Matthew 13 we see the Lord talking to the people of Israel concerning the promise of God for rulership through them as a nation over the nations of the world. The `kingdom of heaven,` is the rulership from heaven through Israel. Daniel spoke of this time - `the God of heaven will set up a kingdom,` (Dan. 2: 44) This is shortened to `the kingdom (rule) of heaven.`

This will be in the millennium when God will rule through Israel over the nations. This is the rulership, (kingdom) that Israel was promised and was looking forward to. Jesus used parables to remind Israel of God`s promises. All the parables point to the type of rulership God will set up and who will be there.

Shalom, Marilyn.

You're always SO close, ... and yet, SO far! It's NOT a "rulership from heaven"; it's the "RULER, and His Kingdom, which COME from heaven!" God has promised that He will rule, not only over Israel, but over the ENTIRE earth, THROUGH HIS MESSIAH - HIS ANOINTED ONE - HIS CHOSEN ONE - HIS SELECTED ONE TO BE KING!!! THAT'S the nature of the prophetic Scriptures! THAT'S the promise of the Messiah who is the King of the Jews, then the King of Israel, then the King of kings (World Emperor)! And, THAT'S what the Millennium is all about!

Luke 19:11-27 (KJV)

11 And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear. 12 He said therefore,

"A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return. 13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, 'Occupy till I come.'

14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, 'We will not have this man to reign over us.'

15 And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading. 

16 Then came the first, saying, 'Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds.' 17 And he said unto him, 'Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.'

18 And the second came, saying, 'Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds.' 19 And he said likewise to him, 'Be thou also over five cities.' 

20 And another came, saying, 'Lord, behold, here is thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin: 21 For I feared thee, because thou art an austere man: thou takest up that thou layedst not down, and reapest that thou didst not sow.' 22 And he saith unto him, 'Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant. Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow: 23 Wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury?' 24 And he said unto them that stood by, 'Take from him the pound, and give it to him that hath ten pounds.' 25(And they said unto him, 'Lord, he hath ten pounds.') 26 For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him. 27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me."

Matthew 25:31-46 (KJV)

31 "When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: 32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: 33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, 'Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: 36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.' 37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, 'Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? 38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? 39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?' 40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, 'Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.'

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, 'Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: 42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: 43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.' 44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, 'Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?' 45 Then shall he answer them, saying, 'Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.' 46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Just what do you think the title "Mashiyach" ("Messiah") or its Greek equivalent "Christos" ("Christ") mean anyway?! He shall be HERE during the Millennium!!!

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,570
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

21 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

The Parable of the Dragnet.

`Again, the kingdom (rule) of heaven is like a dragnet that was cast into the sea and gathered some of every kind, which, when it was full, they drew to shore; and they sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but threw the bad away.

So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come forth, separate the wicked from among the just, and cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth. ` (Matt. 13: 47 - 50)

The Lord is reminding the people of Israel of the judgment at the end of this age before the millennium. The wicked will be separated from the righteous.

“For behold, the day is coming burning like an oven, and all the proud, yes, all who do wickedly will be stubble. And the day which is coming shall burn them up,” says the Lord of Hosts, “That will leave them neither root nor branch.

But you who fear my name the Sun of Righteousness shall arise with healing in His wings; and you shall go out and grow fat like stall-fed calves. (Mal.4: 1 & 2)

Shalom, Marilyn.

Nope. These parables are about the KINGDOM, not about this current age! They are about the MILLENNIUM, not the present!

Revelation 20:1-6 (KJV)

1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. 2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, 3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

THIS is the Millennium, Latin for "1000" ("mille") "years" ("annum").

It's AFTER the Millennium, at the END of the 1000 years, that the Great White Throne Judgment occurs:

Revelation 20:7-15 (KJV)

7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan (Hebrew for "Enemy") shall be loosed out of his prison, 8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. 9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. 10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him (this is Yeshua`, John 5:22) that sat on it, from whose face the earth (the ground; the dirt; the soil) and the heaven (the sky; the air; the gases of our atmosphere) fled away; and there was found no place (Greek: topos = "place" or "room") for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

This scene, by the way, does NOT occur in "heaven"; it's RIGHT HERE ON THIS EARTH, THIS PLANET!

Remember: Yeshua` PROMISED this event:

John 5:26-29 (KJV)

26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; 27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man. 28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life (before the Millennium, Rev. 20:4-6); and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation (after the Millennium, Rev. 20:12-14).