IGNORED

The Kingdom Of Heaven Parables. (Matt 13.)

Marilyn C

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,543
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

23 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

The Parable of the Wheat & Tares.

This is about the righteous and unrighteous at the end of the age. The Lord is reminding the people of Israel the prophetic words of Daniel.

`Then the righteous will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their father.` (Matt. 13: 43)

`Those who are wise shall shine like the brightness of the firmament and those who turn many to righteousness, like the stars forever.` (Dan. 12: 3)

Shalom, Marilyn.

Sorry, but this is not right, either. There's a difference between the Kingdom of God through His Messiah (the Messianic Kingdom) of the Millennium (Rev. 20:4-6) and the Kingdom of their Father (the Eternal State) when the Earth is re-formed as well as its atmosphere (the sky; the "heaven") and the New Jerusalem descends to the new Earth (Rev. 21:1-5).

That's what Paul was describing in the Resurrection Chapter, 1 Corinthians 15:

1 Corinthians 15:20-28 (KJV)

20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. 21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 23 But every man in his own order:

(0) Christ (Messiah) the firstfruits;
(1) afterward they that are Christ's (Messiah's) at his coming. 
24 (2) Then cometh the end, when he (the Messiah) shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he (the Messiah) shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. 

25 For he (the Messiah) must reign, till he (God) hath put all enemies under his (the Messiah's) feet. 26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. 27 For he (God) hath put all things under his (the Messiah's) feet. But when he saith, "all things are put under him," it is manifest that he (God) is excepted, which did put all things under him (the Messiah). 28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him (the Messiah), then shall the Son (the Messiah) also himself be subject unto him (God) that put all things under him (the Messiah), that God may be all in all.

Both of these verses you quote occur AFTER the Millennium.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

9 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, Marilyn.

You're always SO close, ... and yet, SO far! It's NOT a "rulership from heaven"; it's the "RULER, and His Kingdom, which COME from heaven!" God has promised that He will rule, not only over Israel, but over the ENTIRE earth, THROUGH HIS MESSIAH - HIS ANOINTED ONE - HIS CHOSEN ONE - HIS SELECTED ONE TO BE KING!!! THAT'S the nature of the prophetic Scriptures! THAT'S the promise of the Messiah who is the King of the Jews, then the King of Israel, then the King of kings (World Emperor)! And, THAT'S what the Millennium is all about!

Hi Retro,

Nice to discuss with you on this subject. Yes we know that the Messiah is the King who will rule in the millennium, however we need to see what God has revealed to Israel a step at a time.

`...the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed; and the kingdom shall not be left to other people;....` (Dan. 2: 44)

`Then the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdoms under the  whole  heaven, shall be given to the people of the Most High. His kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all the dominions shall serve Him.` (Dan. 7:27)

So we see in the early Matthew 13 parables that the Lord is referring to God`s rulership through Israel. It is NOT until we get to the Pearl of great price that the Lord reveals that it is Himself that is the King through whom the rulership of heaven will come.

Marilyn.

6 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, Marilyn.

Sorry, but this is not right, either. There's a difference between the Kingdom of God through His Messiah (the Messianic Kingdom) of the Millennium (Rev. 20:4-6) and the Kingdom of their Father (the Eternal State) when the Earth is re-formed as well as its atmosphere (the sky; the "heaven") and the New Jerusalem descends to the new Earth (Rev. 21:1-5).

Hi Retro,

So let`s have a closer look.

`At that time Michael shall stand up, the great Prince who stands watch over the sons of your people; and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation, even to that time, and at that time

-your people shall be delivered,

1.everyone who is found written in the book.(And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some (people) to everlasting life,)

2.Some (people) to shame and everlasting contempt.

Those who are wise shall shine like the brightness of the firmament, and those who turn many to righteousness like the stars forever and ever.` (Da. 12: 1 - 3)

This is about the righteous and unrighteous at the end of the age BEFORE the Millennium. The Lord is reminding the people of Israel those prophetic words of Daniel.

`Then the righteous will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their father.` (Matt. 13: 43)

Those who are wise shall shine like the brightness of the firmament, and those who turn many to righteousness like the stars forever and ever.` (Dan. 12: 1 - 3)

Marilyn.

6 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, Marilyn.

Nope. These parables are about the KINGDOM, not about this current age! They are about the MILLENNIUM, not the present!

Hi Retro,

This is what I said, so we are agreeing there bro.

The Lord is reminding the people of Israel of the judgment at the end of this age BEFORE the millennium. The wicked will be separated from the righteous.

Marilyn.

13 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Retro,

This is what I said, so we are agreeing there bro.

The Lord is reminding the people of Israel of the judgment at the end of this age BEFORE the millennium. The wicked will be separated from the righteous.

Marilyn.

Shalom, Marilyn.

Somehow, you're still missing the picture: The "Great White Throne Judgment" is at the END of the Millennium (Rev. 20:7-15), not the "end of this age BEFORE the millennium."

I'm sensing that you have a "theologically rhetorical Christ" or a "theologically rhetorical Messiah." What you NEED is a good picture in your mind of a "SAR-Shalom," a "PRINCE of Peace." He's a CHIEFTAIN, a WARRIOR, a CONQUEROR, a WAR HERO!

See, to say that Yeshua` is a "Savior" (or "Saviour") doesn't just mean that He is our sin-bearer; it means that He is His people's RESCUER! You need a good dose of literalness and reality to the prophecies of the Tanakh (the "OT"). Perhaps, this will help:

Here's a short story I wrote 35 years ago that might give you the picture.

Cancer’s Cure

by

Adam C. Koreim

June 21, 1984

Cancer. Incurable cancer. The doctors discovered this Horror in its silent attack only two months ago. At first, Daniel T. Howard, Dan for short, had been angry—incensed by this trick of fate. He tried to encourage his doctors to find a cure, but the medical world knew no cure, and research took time—more time than the doctors expected Dan to live. No matter how fast he tried to turn the wheels of progress, Death was gaining on him. All the money in the world could not speed up genius.

When Dan tried to think about the Horror, he could not think of the tragedy in first person. Even in his nightmares, he was always seeing another person dying—a person in the shadows—a person without a face.

Dan tried to accept the fact that he was dying, but his "acceptance" was actually an act to benefit those for whom he cared: Susan, his wife; his daughter Marcia, age fifteen; his son Turner, age twelve; and Joseph, age eight.  Joseph had been adopted only two years earlier.

Daniel T. Howard was born in a small house, not a hospital, delivered by a midwife.  He had simple beginnings. His life had not been plagued with misfortune nor had it been a life of rainbows and silver spoons. He, like most people, had his share of minor trials that dominated his thoughts, but they were solved one by one.

He was familiar with both victories and disappointments alike. He had lost girlfriends and jobs before finding his tender, understanding wife, Susan Holcolm, lovingly called Suzie, and the fine office job he now was enjoying.

Frequently, life would take him by surprise. Totally taken by surprise, Dan rushed to the hospital and barely arrived in time to witness the grand entrance of his oldest, Marcia.  He was little better with his boy, Turner: Suzie had taken a taxi from home when her water broke, and phoned him at work.  He rushed to the wrong hospital at first, but he finally made it in time to see his second born. So much for the Lamaze classes because they had discussed stopping at two children!

The most touching experience in his life had been the death of his good friends, Joe and Joyce Franklin.  Their car had been pummeled by the onslaught of a drunken driver, and having no immediate family, Joe had made provision in his will, and with Dan's and Suzie's permission, for their son, Joseph, to live with Dan and Suzie. Joseph, then five years old, cried for his mommy and daddy for almost a month.  The trauma he suffered followed him to school, and though he was quite intelligent, his grades suffered with his little soul for his first two years. He could still be heard on occasion to cry long into the night, and Suzie would gather him to her bosom and cradle him until his sobs became heavy breathing.

Now this Horror had come. Could Joseph take the loss of a second father? Dan breathed his anger for the plight—not for himself, but for little Joseph as well as his other children. Dan’s eyes were wet, and he looked around desperately for something to do—something to occupy his mind.  The utter futility of his strength and wishes, and the frustration he felt only added to his anger.  He could do nothing to change his future.  He did not want to leave his lovely children, and how could his gentle Suzie survive their separation?

Little Joseph entered the room, and Dan could not hold back his hurt any longer. He gathered his little lad whom he had grown to love as dearly as his own and wept.

Joseph asked, “Daddy, what’s wrong?” What could he say now? Susan walked in with a towel in her hand and, seeing the pain in Dan’s eyes, rushed to his comfort. The moment lasted a short eternity as they huddled together.  When they separated and were drying their eyes with the towel Suzie proffered, in ran his teenager, Marcia, and turned on the television.

“What’s going on?” asked Dan, his voice still quavering.

“The President is making an announcement tonight! It has something to do with that new ruler in Israel!” replied Marcia, too caught up in the excitement of the moment to notice that anything had been going on.

Listening carefully to the announcement, Dan scowled.

“Why, the President is attempting to turn over the power of his office to that king in Israel! I’ve never heard anything like it! Trading democracy for a monarchy?! Talk about a giant step backward!”

Following the President’s press conference (which was quite a free-for-all), a documentary on the king of Israel was presented, and Dan saw thousands of people gather around the king for some unknown reason. However, the next picture, only on the screen for a moment, made something click in his mind. A hospital in Jerusalem was being torn down. Torn down? He listened closely to the show’s host:

“... Individual homes will be constructed where these medical facilities have stood. According to reliable sources, the king himself is the reason for no need of hospital services. Allegedly, he has been solely responsible for the complete cure of many illnesses and the restoration of limbs and other body parts and tissues. I have personally talked with at least thirty-five people who witnessed or participated in these events and are convinced that the healing power of this man is no hoax.”

There was more to the special report, but Dan was not listening anymore. The tenacious hope was unwillingly and mercilessly rekindled like a fire fanned from dying coals, and Dan was mad at himself for being senseless enough to think he still might have a chance. The desire to live is strong even if the body is weak, even when the intelligent thing to do would be to accept the inevitable and make the best of the time he had left. Rumors said that this king had come from God Himself. Dan was a religious man, though somewhat superstitious in his beliefs and ritualistic in his practices. If this man had indeed come from God, and if all the reports were true, then perhaps this king could cure his cancer. This was not an illogical deduction, but it was rather difficult to accept. Still, it was a chance that the doctors had not given him. He decided he would discuss it with his minister.

The following morning, Dan called his minister and made an appointment with him for that afternoon. Dan took a personal day off from work to make the appointment. When their meeting began, the minister looked very grave and scowled at Dan's desire to go to Israel to try to get medical help from this king. The minister's eyes softened and a serious, worried look came into his face. He shook his head slowly and his shoulders hung down wearily.

"Can you not accept this disease as God's will for your life? If you do this thing, you will only be making it harder on your family and on yourself. Just accept this as your fate and do not fight against God and His wisdom."

After much discussion and argument, Dan left his minister, discouraged and broken-hearted. He was angry with his preacher, but he quickly lost the flame as he reasoned that his minister was, after all, God's man and that he had been told as long as he could remember "not to touch the Lord's anointed."

At work the next day one of his buddies caught him at coffee break.

"Hi, Dan."

"Hello, Bill."

"How're ya feelin'? I heard you were ailing pretty bad. That why you missed work yesterday?"

"Well, sort of…."

Dan looked into Bill's sparkling blue eyes. Usually they were so happy and full of life that now, seeing them so full of concern compelled Dan to tell Bill the whole story. Dan could always pour out his heart to Bill. He was easy to talk to. Bill listened attentively. When Dan's story came to an end, Bill sat in thoughtful silence a moment.

"Dan, I saw that documentary, too…. I think you should go. There's at least a chance that going to this king might save your life and your family's happiness. To stay here means you will certainly die, no matter what holier-than-thou words your preacher's told you. I don't think your preacher has met this king; so I don't think he can judge whether or not he's from God. He probably thinks he's the Antichrist. So, I say, 'Go for it!'"

Suddenly a thought occurred to Dan. Money!

"Bill, I don't think I'm going anywhere! A trip to Israel? I don't have that kind of money!"

"Relax. I'll pay for your trip. In fact, I've been thinking of going along to see this king myself."

"But that will cost thousands of dollars…!"

"So?"

"I can't let you do that."

"You must. Besides, I don't remember requiring your permission. Look, if it'll make you feel any better, you can pay me back for it whenever you can, okay?"

"Okay. I will pay you back; I promise!"

"Fine, fine. Well, I'll make the arrangements and let you know when we'll be leaving. Be sure to put in for vacation, and talk it over with Suzie."

"But, what about Linda?"

"What about her?"

"She could have that baby you’re expecting any time now, you know. You don't want to leave them now, do you?"

"Of course I don't, but—look—her mother's here to help her. Besides, I have her full blessing on this, okay?"

"Well, okay."

"Good. Then it's settled. Back to work!" said Bill, standing up and stretching.

Back to work indeed! Dan couldn't concentrate the rest of the week! Too excited about the trip and pained by the cancer, he couldn't sleep through the night, and that only added to his lack of concentration. He was actually going to see this king of Israel—the one who may be his only hope!

The day Bill and Dan left, Dan was so keyed up and yet so tired, that he fell into a fitful sleep before the plane had gained cruising altitude. He awoke after two hours little more rested than when he went to sleep. Bill talked with him a while trying to relax him. Between the conversation, the occasional meals and snacks, the in-flight movies, and the tunes and reading material Suzie was wise enough to pack for the trip, Dan survived to Paris where they switched planes to continue on to Rome and then to Tel-Aviv.

When they finally arrived in Israel, they asked about the healing of the king. Where, when, how often, and the order in which he healed were all ascertained from a few questions to some Israelis who spoke fluent English. There was a spot on the east side of the Jordan River where the Melech (which is what the Israelis called him) frequently came to heal people. This area had been generously donated by the nation of Jordan to appease the king. Jordan was a tributary to Israel these days.

The airport had very tight security for no one could enter the kingdom unless he had been nationalized. Foreigners were not allowed within the kingdom proper; they were only allowed in the few designated areas around the airports and at the Jordan River where the Melech met with people from all nationalities and walks of life. A free shuttle flight service to the Jordan River--both by small plane and MedEvac helicopter was available to all, and Bill and Dan were quickly booked aboard a small plane. An hour later, they were landing at a large, new airport, near a hotel, which had been erected to house the thousands that came from abroad for healing. The Melech was to appear about three o'clock that very afternoon.

After having checked in and having put their bags in their room, Dan and Bill got a quick bite to eat at the hotel's restaurant, and then they went down to the place where they were to meet the king for healing. Although they were about two hours early, the hillsides were full of people of all nationalities, beliefs, and hues.

The hillsides themselves were covered in green as well as people. Soft grass gently waving in the cool breeze carpeted the land and cushioned every step, and sturdy sycamores and cypress trees, whispering through their leaves, shaded much of the seating space of the natural amphitheater. Some moans of agony and pain were heard near the place they chose for their location. As three o'clock came and went, a few angry, impatient people got up in a huff and stormed off grumbling about the king being late, but most waited with great anticipation.

Some stragglers, running as fast as they could or hobbling on crutches, straining to move in the lush grass, arrived late, but at least they arrived and they hadn't missed anything because the king had not yet arrived. About three thirty, two more people arrived from different directions.  They tried to get through the crowd to the spot where the Melech was to arrive. They begged and pleaded for people to let them through, but many were quite sure their problems were more pressing than any problem they might have. These people would not allow them to pass; so, they got as far as they could and sat down to wait. One man was just fifteen feet from Dan and Bill. He looked so sad that Dan felt his disease must be far worse than cancer.

Dan must have been staring at the man, for the man glanced up in his direction, and Dan realized they were eye-to-eye.  The man smiled in a gesture of welcome and friendliness, and Dan smiled back. Then, he quickly dropped his eyes, embarrassed, but he didn't stop smiling. Dan felt a degree of kinship with the man, and a warm feeling came over his anxious heart.

Suddenly, gasps of awe rippled through the crowd, as a light on the path from Jerusalem grew brighter and brighter. It was a man--a glowing man! It was as though his face was translucent to a bright light positioned behind his eyes.

Bill whispered to Dan, "He looks like a Christmas lawn figurine! How does he do that?"

Cries of "The king!" and "Melech!" went up from the crowd as the unusual man closed the gap between him and the crowd. When the shining man was within hearing distance of the throng, they called to him, "Melech" and "Ha-Melech!"

The shining man just shook his head and said, "No, I am not the King; I am but his announcer, and He has asked me to announce Him and this as well:

"The King is already here among you! Some of you probably think that He is late, but He is not lazy or what some people would call being tardy; He is only very patient to be sure that no one misses this opportunity and dies. Is it right that some of you should be so self-centered as to think to command the King to heal you while you cause others to beg? I suppose that some of you would actually let the King Himself beg from the likes of you! I don't know who you are, but He does!"

Most of the people just looked around bewildered when they heard that the King was already among them. Dan looked at Bill. Bill looked at Dan, and they both turned toward the sad man who had smiled at Dan.

The announcer went on, "There is the King!" and pointed to the sad man.

The sad man smiled again at Dan and Bill and winked as his eyes began to glow turning from dark brown to red to orange to yellow to yellow-white appearing as candle flames! Then, softly, His skin began to glimmer, and it brightened until His skin looked like polished bronze in the sun. His hair also changed with His skin from a dark raven-black to the whitest white imaginable, more beautiful than new-fallen snow. His clothes, which had been dark blue in color, were suddenly bleached white, and they, too, began to glow. His growing radiance was finally curbed before it became unbearable, and Bill leaned over to Dan and said, "I'll bet He can get brighter than that!" Already Dan's eyes were seeing after-images when he shut them for a moment, but Dan was sure that Bill was right.

Everyone bowed low. The part of the crowd that first would not let Him pass started to come over toward Him and stopped short when the King gestured for them to halt.

"You can just wait your turns! The ones who were willing to be last on my list will be first and you, so sure you'd be first, will be last! Now, go back to you seats and SIT DOWN!" The King boomed so loudly that everyone there heard Him and thought a lion had roared. He was obviously a very wise ruler and One who commanded respect, for they bowed and ran back to their seats!

First, the King turned to the other man who had “run” up last from the opposite direction from which the King had come. He took a long time to come because of the pain in his upper back and neck.  Several crushed vertebrae that had been fused by surgeons in a long, grueling operation never ceased giving him pain. At least no more damage would be done, but that was the best the doctors could do.

The man begged the King, "Would you…can you do something about this pain? My doctors have prescribed pain-killers, and they work for a while, but the medication wears off much sooner than I'm supposed to be taking the pain-killers."

"I can do more than just take away the pain, Hasiyd. Can you believe that I can heal you completely?"

"Oh, that would be more than I deserve and more than I can hope for, but yes, I can believe what you say. Would you please heal me?"

"Yes, through God's power, I will heal you." And with that, HaMelech touched his back and Hasiyd straightened his back and bent his neck back and forth and from side to side.

"Oh! The relief! No more pain! I feel young again! Oh, thank you, Melechiy! I am yours to command! I will be your slave!"

"No, Hasiyd. You must go back to your country and to your family, but don't tell them how you got better. Just tell them where you have been. They will question you, interview you, and interrogate you, but you must keep what happened here a secret from all of them.  All your life you have worshipped Allah. That is a good name for God since it comes from the same root word as does Elohim, but neither you nor your parents nor your countrymen know what the name means. They will all come to me out of their great curiosity.”

Hasiyd nodded knowingly and began to smile.

“I will do as you command, Melechiy! Thank you!”

One by one, the King dealt with the people around Him, asking them questions and then healing their illnesses. One lady, not far from where Dan and Bill stood, who had been coughing and hacking with advanced emphysema, suddenly stopped coughing while talking to the King, and her voice became rich and melodious. She started to sing an impromptu song to brag on the power of the King, and the sound was so beautiful Dan actually relaxed a moment—but only for a moment because the King was coming his way!

Another man who was blind was healed by mudpacks on his eyes, which the King made by spitting on the ground. Dan was a little grossed out and told Bill so, but Bill whispered back, “Hey, if He is from God, then even his saliva would have more therapeutic benefit than pure spring water!” The Melech asked him what he saw, and the man replied, "Everything is long and skinny and fuzzy." He looked and sounded like he was a little disappointed. "But, hey! At least I can see some! Before, I couldn't see at all!"

The King said, "No! I'm not finished yet! That's only one problem fixed."

Then, the Melech reached over and touched his eyes gently but firmly, and the man exclaimed, "I can see perfectly, now! Wow!" He started jumping up and down like a school boy shouting out happily, "I can see!" over and over. He grabbed the arms of a stranger and bounced in a circle around him still shouting, "I can see! I can see! Isn't it great? I can SEE!" Finally, he stopped dancing about and came back over to the King who had been watching him and laughing heartily at his antics, and said, "Thank you so much!"

Everyone who could was laughing. The King chuckled and said, "You're welcome!" Then, still smiling, but with an air of secrecy and a twinkle in His eye, He said, "Now, go on home to your family and don't tell anyone who fixed your eyesight. Let them find out for themselves."

"Okay, but it's going to be hard! You really are God's Son! I love you so much! Thank you!" With that the man bowed before HaMelech, then got up and skipped—yes, SKIPPED—back to the hotel. The King chuckled again watching him go and turned to a small boy. A "Whoopee!" in the distance gave the King another chuckle, and when the laughter all around Him died down, he set himself for another task.

Before He started to work with the boy, the King explained to the crowd, “Sometimes we only see a fraction of the actual problem in a person’s life. This man had two things wrong with his eyes. He not only had damage to the optic nerves, but He also had severe astigmatism from lack of use. Both problems had to be repaired. Creation is not magic; my Father just has unlimited power, and I do His bidding.”

Then, the King looked down at the boy. The small boy had a hand that had never grown since he was an infant. The hand looked like a club with little knobs on it where fingers were to have been. The little boy simply asked, "Would you fix my hand for me? I can't use it this way."

The King was so touched that he sat down on a nearby rock and, picking up the boy, set him on his lap. Then, loud enough for everyone to hear, he said, "Folks, now here is faith! He knows so well that I am able to fix his little hand that it never entered his mind to ask if I could fix it! That's faith!"

Then, looking down at the boy, he said, "Sure, I will." With that, he took the deformed hand between his hands, and when he pulled his hands away, a perfectly formed hand was revealed complete with fingernails and a firm grip.

"Wow!" exclaimed the boy; "It's as strong as my other one! Thank you!"

"You're welcome! And remember, don't tell anyone how it happened; let them guess, okay?"

"Okay…. Wow!" and the boy also left, clenching and opening his new hand with pride.

Finally, it was Dan's turn. Dan's head bowed as the King came to him.

"Sire, I don't have that kind of faith. I have cancer and have been told that I'm destined to die. There is no known cure, see. Can you help me?"

The King smiled again at him.

"I knew you had very little faith. It's hard to believe in someone when you've never had to believe in anyone other than yourself. Your friend Bill here, though, has faith enough for both of you. Relax, you are not 'destined to die' as you have heard but are 'destined' to prove my power! You can be happy to know that I will heal you for your honesty and for my Father’s fame."

The Melech touched the palm of his glowing, brazen hand to the exact spot on Dan's abdomen where the doctors had said the tumor was growing within his body…. The pain was suddenly gone!

"Thank you! The pain is gone!" Dan said, falling to his knees before the King, relieved from the discomfort, permeated with the King’s love and acceptance, and overwhelmed by the generosity of this King. Tears were in his eyes—tears of joy and happiness.

"You're welcome. Dan, your disease was a secretive disease; so the cure is also invisible. You feel no pain, and the cancer really is gone, but that will not be enough to convince those who care about you that you are well. Go to your doctor and ask him to take another MRI, and he will confirm that the tumor is really gone. Don’t worry about the cost of the procedure; he will gladly pay for it himself and he will be glad he did. He will insist that you tell him how you got rid of your cancer, but you must also insist that it is a secret! His curiosity will drive him to investigate, and he will come and find me, as I’ve foreseen.  Your family and preacher will believe the results of the MRI, but you may only tell your family about me. I have a plan for your preacher, too."

Then, HaMelech turned to Bill, "Now, as for your illness, it's your turn."

"You have an illness?!" Dan blurted out. Bill looked down embarrassed.

"Yeah, I was just diagnosed about a month ago. I don't talk about it, but it's there. My illness is a form of cancer, too. It's leukemia, Dan. That's why I've been getting more tired lately, and that's why I could relate to you problem so easily. It really is a quite well hidden disease, isn't it?"

Then looking up and into the lovely face of the Melech, he continued, "Except from you, of course, Sire. The locals said your name is 'Yeshua`.' That’s 'Jesus' in English, am I right? You must truly be from God. Would you please cure this disease in my blood and bones?"

"Of course, Bill. You would have been willing to die as long as your friend, Dan, could be healed, but I am not willing that anyone should die. Such love and faith could not go unrewarded. The same advice I gave Dan I am also giving you: See your doctor to verify your healing, but don't tell anyone except your family how you got better." The King touched the small of Bill's back, and Bill appeared to straighten up slightly.

"Thank you, Master! It feels so wonderful to have strength return, and I can relax again!"

"You're welcome, Bill. Have a safe trip back home," the King said as He turned to the next patient, and then He added over His shoulder with a twinkle in his eye, "and, congratulations!"

"Congratulations?" asked Bill puzzled.

"You are the proud father of a baby girl!" exclaimed the King.

"Linda had our baby?"

"Yes, and she's a healthy little lady, too. 'Amanda Joy,' right?"

"Right! Thank you again! Wow…C'mon, Danny boy! Let's go home and see my girl!"

The King moved on to another lady who was holding her side, and she was obviously in pain.

Dan looked at Bill, whose blue eyes were wide with excitement, and a thought crossed his mind. A wry smile stretched across Dan's face.

"Now who's not going to sleep on the plane?"

Edited by Retrobyter
to fix a few problems in pasting

13 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Retro,

Nice to discuss with you on this subject. Yes we know that the Messiah is the King who will rule in the millennium, however we need to see what God has revealed to Israel a step at a time.

`...the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed; and the kingdom shall not be left to other people;....` (Dan. 2: 44)

`Then the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdoms under the  whole  heaven, shall be given to the people of the Most High. His kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all the dominions shall serve Him.` (Dan. 7:27)

So we see in the early Matthew 13 parables that the Lord is referring to God`s rulership through Israel. It is NOT until we get to the Pearl of great price that the Lord reveals that it is Himself that is the King through whom the rulership of heaven will come.

Marilyn.

Shalom, Marilyn.

Yes, it's good to discuss this subject with you, as well! 

You quoted, "`...the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed; and the kingdom shall not be left to other people;....` (Dan. 2: 44)." However, what you failed to realize is that when the Messiah shall be reigning over this kingdom, we also have this prophecy from Gavri'el to Miryam, His mother:

Luke 1:30-33 (KJV)

30 And the angel said unto her,

"Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God (God likes you for the job). 31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. 32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: 33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end."

Of course, "the household of Ya`aqov (Jacob)" is the whole house of Israel. He won't just be reigning over them for a thousand years; He'll be reigning over them FOREVER, and there'll be no end to His Kingdom!

That's not the purpose of the "thousand years" - the "Millennium." The purpose of the Millennium is a time of great conflict when Yeshua` subdues all of His enemies!

Look carefully at Paul's words again:

20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. 21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 23 But every man in his own order:

(0) Christ the firstfruits;
(1) afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. (The FIRST Resurrection at the beginning of the Millennium.)
24 (2) Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. (The SECOND Resurrection at the end of the Millennium.)

25 For he (the Christ; the Messiah) must reign, till he (God His Father) hath put all enemies under his (the Christ's; the Messiah's) feet. 26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. 27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith, all things are put under him, it is manifest (revealed; clear) that he (God His Father) is excepted (i.e., all things EXCEPT God the Father), which did put all things under him (the Christ; the Messiah). 28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God (His Father) may be all in all.

Now, it took me a while to reconcile these two passages of Scripture, accepting that BOTH are true, being God's Word. Then, it dawned on me (because the Holy Spirit shown His light upon my mind) that Paul is talking about the Messiah's reign over the WORLDWIDE EMPIRE He builds as "King of kings," not His kingship over Israel (and so was John in Revelation 20).

Now, watch how 1 Cor. 15:20-28 dovetails with Revelation 20:1-21:4:

Revelation 20:1-21:4 (KJV)

1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. 2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, 3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls (the air-breathing bodies) of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection (BEFORE the Millennium). 6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such (people) the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God (of His Father) and of Christ (of the Messiah), and shall reign with him a thousand years.

7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, 8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. 9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. 10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. (This is the SECOND Resurrection, AFTER the Millennium.) 14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

1 And I saw a new heaven (sky; atmosphere) and a new earth: for the first heaven (sky; atmosphere) and the first earth (dirt; soil; ground) were passed away (literally, "passed by and away"); and there was no more sea. 2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven (out of the sky; that is, it landed), prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a great (loud) voice out of heaven (literally, out of the Throne) saying,

"Behold, the tabernacle (Greek: skeenee = "tent") of God is with men, and he will dwell (He will tent) with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. 4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."

This portion (Rev. 21) happens AFTER the Millennium and AFTER the Great White Throne Judgment and its sentence of consignment to the Lake of Fire!

Therefore, Rev. 20:4-6 corresponds to 1 Cor. 15:25-27, and Rev. 21:1-4 corresponds to 1 Cor. 15:28. They are parallel passages! And, therefore, the reign of the Messiah over the house of Ya`aqov, being eternal, and continues beyond the Millennium and also corresponds to Rev. 21:1-22:4. 

So, Daniel 2:44 can be true because His Kingdom, both the portion over the house of Israel which the Messiah keeps and the Worldwide Empire, which the Messiah gives up to His Father, will last BEYOND the Millennium and "shall never be destroyed!" It won't be "left to other people," because Yeshua` the Messiah is "the same, yesterday, today, and for ever!" Living eternally having been raised to life by His Father, He shall NEVER have to give up His Kingdom to others!

You also quoted, "`Then the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdoms under the  whole  heaven, shall be given to the people of the Most High. His kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all the dominions shall serve Him.` (Dan. 7:27)." This is also true because God, the Messiah's (and our) Father, is "the Most High." The nation of Israel shall be the subjects of His Son, the Messiah Yeshua`, and they shall be tasked with sub-rulership under the Messiah, as the Messiah revealed in Luke 19: "have thou authority over ten cities" (vs. 17) and "Be thou also over five cities" (vs. 19).

Finally, regarding the parable in Matthew 13:45-46, we actually read this:

45 Again, the kingdom of heaven (the kingdom from the sky) is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls: 46 Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

He's not the "pearl of great price"; Yeshua` is talking about His willingness, as the King of kings and King of His Kingdom, to invest all for the sake of the best deal, and He shall not be afraid to "bet the farm" for a good deal, such as a flawless pearl! He can invest the whole national treasury of Israel into an investment and make many times over what He invested! Israel shall grow great economically, as well as in physical size (the mustard seed) and influence (the leaven)!

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,192
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/12/1957

I see the parables as talking off the millennial kingdom, but many of them not in a good way.

In Revelation 2:26-27 and Psalm 2:8-9, we see that Yeshua will be ruling with a "rod of iron".  Man, that gives a pretty strong image that Yeshua will be having to lay the heavy hand down on people getting out of line.  But is that a true assumption?

In the parable of the mustard seed, the birds are gathering in the tree.  But the birds were described in the previous parable of the sower as the evil ones who steal the seed.  So it would seem that the evil ones (those cohorts of Satan that were not locked up) will still be around intermingling in the millennial kingdom and trying to mess things up.  Birds are rarely seen in scripture as a good thing. Remember the sacrifice of Abraham where Yahweh put him in a sleep?   Genesis 15.

And what of the parable of the leaven?  A woman is introducing leaven into 3 measures of meal.  Well, 3 measures of meal is the fellowship offering.  Leaven is always viewed as a picture of sin and corruption in scripture.  To introduce leaven into the fellowship offering  for the Temple was a capital offense.    When we almost always see a woman introducing corruption, the name Jezebel seems to be applied.  And eventually, the leaven permeates the entire meal.  

When we see these things in the parables, it makes sense that Yeshua will have to rule with a rod of iron to keep things under control.  And it explains why after 1000 years when Satan is released, almost the entire world rebels one last time with him against the Lord.

Edited by OldCoot

• 3 weeks later...

On 12/4/2019 at 8:48 AM, OldCoot said:

I see the parables as talking off the millennial kingdom, but many of them not in a good way.

In Revelation 2:26-27 and Psalm 2:8-9, we see that Yeshua will be ruling with a "rod of iron".  Man, that gives a pretty strong image that Yeshua will be having to lay the heavy hand down on people getting out of line.  But is that a true assumption?

In the parable of the mustard seed, the birds are gathering in the tree.  But the birds were described in the previous parable of the sower as the evil ones who steal the seed.  So it would seem that the evil ones (those cohorts of Satan that were not locked up) will still be around intermingling in the millennial kingdom and trying to mess things up.  Birds are rarely seen in scripture as a good thing. Remember the sacrifice of Abraham where Yahweh put him in a sleep?   Genesis 15.

And what of the parable of the leaven?  A woman is introducing leaven into 3 measures of meal.  Well, 3 measures of meal is the fellowship offering.  Leaven is always viewed as a picture of sin and corruption in scripture.  To introduce leaven into the fellowship offering  for the Temple was a capital offense.    When we almost always see a woman introducing corruption, the name Jezebel seems to be applied.  And eventually, the leaven permeates the entire meal.  

When we see these things in the parables, it makes sense that Yeshua will have to rule with a rod of iron to keep things under control.  And it explains why after 1000 years when Satan is released, almost the entire world rebels one last time with him against the Lord.

Shalom, Old Coot.

Sorry for the delay.

Yeshua`s parables are often misread, but each parable was to make a particular point. The elements used in one parable shouldn't bleed over into another parable, unless Yeshua` Himself made the connection.

You didn't listen to what the Messiah said! He said,

Matthew 13:33 (KJV)

33 Another parable spake he unto them;

"The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened."

It's not right to say, "Leaven is always viewed as a picture of sin and corruption in scripture," when Yeshua` Himself said, "The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven!" Since when is the Kingdom from the sky like "a picture of sin and corruption?!" Are you sure you don't want to retract that?

No, Yeshua` said that the kingdom from the sky was going to be like leaven (yeast) hidden by a woman in three measures (bushels) of dough until the whole amount was leavened! He was talking about His Kingdom in the world! Leaven is NOT always a bad thing! IT'S JUST AN ELEMENT OF THE PARABLE!!! IT'S NEITHER GOOD NOR BAD UNTIL YESHUA` USES THAT ELEMENT IN SUCH A WAY!

This parable about the leaven is the way that influence of the Kingdom will start out small, but will eventually PERMEATE the world, as it "leavens the whole thing!"

The same thing is true about the parable of the Mustard Seed: He didn't SAY that the birds were bad! What He was was this:

Matthew 13:31-32 (KJV)

31 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying,

"The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field: 32 Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof."

The birds TAKE REFUGE AND NEST in the branches of the mustard "tree!" He didn't say the birds represented ANYTHING in this parable! If the objects are not defined, then the parable is about the VERBS!!!

Also, one must see these parables in the light of what Paul added later in 1 Corinthians 15:20-28: (Take into consideration that Paul's theme was "resurrection.")

20 But now is Christ (the Messiah) risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. 21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 23 But every man in his own order:

(0) Christ the firstfruits;
(1) afterward they that are Christ's (the Messiah's) at his coming. 
24 (2) Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power

25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. 27 For he hath put all things under his feet. (But when he saith, "all things are put under him," it is manifest that he [God] is excepted, which did put all things under him.) 28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

When one harmonizes this passage with Revelation 20-22, one will find that this is talking about what the Messiah will be doing during the Millennium. So, the "ruling with a rod of iron" is over the other nations of the earth, the "all authority and power" and "all enemies under His feet," as He "reigns for a thousand years" as "King of Kings and Lord of Lords."

ALL the parables in Matthew 13 are about the Kingdom!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,192
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/12/1957

46 minutes ago, Retrobyter said:

Yeshua`s parables are often misread, but each parable was to make a particular point. The elements used in one parable shouldn't bleed over into another parable, unless Yeshua` Himself made the connection.

It is using the hermeneutics principal of Law of First Mention combined with the principle of Expositional Constancy.  

Birds in scripture mostly are not seen as a good thing.  For instance when Abraham cut up the animals at the instruction of the Lord to make the covenant.   Abraham had to drive the birds away.

The scripture makes the connection.  It is reasonable to assume that since Yeshua was speaking to a Hebrew audience and He had already associated the birds in the previous parable of the Sower with the evil ones. He expected them to make the connection also.  We tend to get things all goofed up when we look at scripture from our preconceived western mindset.

46 minutes ago, Retrobyter said:

This parable about the leaven is the way that influence of the Kingdom will start out small, but will eventually PERMEATE the world, as it "leavens the whole thing!"

But what is going on there....

Matthew 13:33 (NKJV) Another parable He spoke to them: "The kingdom of heaven is like leaven, which a woman took and hid in three measures of meal till it was all leavened."

A woman is hiding leaven in 3 measures of meal.  Since the day of Abraham meeting with the Lord at Mamre, 3 measures of meal was considered the fellowship offering in both Hebrew and Arab cultures.  It was the fellowship offering at the temple and was to be unleavened.   To hide leaven in that is a capital crime in the temple days.  And a woman doing it, it reminded me of the Jezebel references in ancient Israel and in the letter to the church at Thyatira in Revelation.  Both references talking of introducing corruption into things.  

And Yeshua associates leaven with sin in the form of pride and error in .....

Matthew 16:6 (NKJV) Then Jesus said to them, "Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and the Sadducees

The kingdom of heaven arrives on earth when Messiah takes control and rules for 1000 years.  During that time, people will be born that many will not be so inclined to favor the rule of Messiah over them.  And later, Satan is able to foment one last rebellion on the earth when he is released at the end of the 1000 years.  To foment a major rebellion, then discontent and a desire to throw off the rule of Messiah had to have grown throughout the kingdom over that 1000 years.

The pattern is there.  So I am not convince that you are right that I am reading the parables wrong.  I really hadn't delved into this that much until I listened to a analysis from a Messianic Jew, Albert Israeli, on the topic many years ago and started looking at the texts in light of the rest of scripture.

Edited by OldCoot

On 8/29/2019 at 2:48 AM, Marilyn C said:

Hi Retro,

Marilyn.

Shalom, Marilyn.

You should know that ALL the parables of Matthew 13 are about the Kingdom from the sky! They are ALL about "God's rulership through Israel," the MESSIAH'S Israel! Also, you need to truly understand the parable of the Pearl of Great Price (which is misnamed)!

Matthew 13:45-46 (KJV)

45 "Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant manSEEKING goodly pearls: 46 Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it."

This parable is not about the pearl; it's about the MERCHANT! In this particular case, we are not told what the pearl represents (if anything); the parable is not about the nouns as much as it's about the VERBS!

Yeshua` is not the pearl; He is the MERCHANT! He will be able to find the most expensive things and liquidate all of His assets to purchase those things, and will ALWAYS come out "smelling like roses!" With His financial prowess, He will be sought by all the leaders of foreign countries, just as Shlomoh (Solomon) was:

2 Chronicles 9:22-24 (KJV)

22 And king Solomon passed all the kings of the earth in riches and wisdom. 23 And all the kings of the earth sought the presence of Solomon, to hear his wisdom, that God had put in his heart. 24 And they brought every man his present, vessels of silver, and vessels of gold, and raiment, harness, and spices, horses, and mules, a rate year by year.

Remember what Yeshua` told the transcribers and P'rushiym (Separatists):

Matthew 12:42 (KJV)

42 The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for she came from the uttermost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.

Luke 11:31 (KJV)

31 The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with the men of this generation, and condemn them: for she came from the utmost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.

(He was referring, of course, to Himself).

Oh, and it's not the "rulership of Heaven"; it's the "rulership FROM 'heaven'" or "rulership FROM the sky."