• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,460
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,738
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Psalms 55:22 Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.

25 years ago, not long after I came to faith in Messiah Yeshua (Jesus) the Lord began putting it in my heart to create a website where believers could be informed about world, national and Christian news -- so that they could more effectively pray. I could not have imagined what Worthy News has become. Back then, I knew nothing about designing websites. I started with a Pentium 1 ... a tiny the hard drive by today's standards -- just a few gigs. Every few minutes the overload brought it to the crash-point. Incredibly frustrating! I finally figured out that in order to fix the problem, I had to dump all the unused programs and unnecessary information. Soon afterward it functioned again, and I learned something...

The responsibilities of life and ministry can become like that overloaded Pentium 1. Take me for example: whose family is growing and needing constant attention, whose online ministry needs regular oversight, whose friends and neighbors both local and international arrive at our door pretty much every day, all in the context of the stress and pressures of Israeli life ... well, at one point the overload felt a bit like my original computer... on the verge of crashing!

What to do? Continue carrying more burdens than I can bear, processing more information than I need? No. I've had to retreat, and I needed to re-evaluate...what is the Lord giving me and what have I taken upon myself? And which burdens am I not casting upon Him?

Allowing ourselves to nearly crash is not spiritual. There will be times when life's pressures seem unbearable, but we can be prepared for those times if we practice a regular discipline of evaluating our priorities in normal daily life, off-loading unnecessary tasks, and casting the important things onto the Lord, in prayer. If we do so, it may save us from "crashing" in the long run!!

The post Keep yourself from crashing! appeared first on Worthy Christian Devotional - Daily Devotions.

Read the entire devotional.

• This is Worthy 2
  • Loved it! 2