• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.47
  • Content Count:  44,305
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

Worthy News Brief - August 28, 2019

Friend, keep yourself from crashing!

Psalms 55:22 Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.

25 years ago, not long after I came to faith in Messiah Yeshua (Jesus) the Lord began putting it in my heart to create a website where believers could be informed about world, national and Christian news -- so that they could more effectively pray. I could not have imagined what Worthy News has become. Back then, I knew nothing about designing websites. I started with a Pentium 1 ... a tiny the hard drive by todays standards -- just a few gigs. Every few minutes the overload brought it to the crash-point. Incredibly frustrating! I finally figured out that in order to fix the problem, I had to dump all the unused programs and unnecessary information. Soon afterward it functioned again, and I learned something...

The responsibilities of life and ministry can become like that overloaded Pentium 1. Take me for example: whose family is growing and needing constant attention, whose online ministry needs regular oversight, whose friends and neighbors both local and international arrive at our door pretty much every day, all in the context of the the stress and pressures of Israeli life ... well, at one point the overload felt a bit like my original computer... on the verge of crashing!

What to do? Continue carrying more burdens than I can bear, processing more information than I need? No. I've had to retreat, and I needed to re-evaluate...what is the Lord giving me and what have I taken upon myself? And which burdens am I not casting upon Him?

Friend, allowing ourselves to nearly crash is not spiritual. There will be times when life's pressures seem unbearable, but we can be prepared for those times if we practice a regular discipline of evaluating our priorities in normal daily life, off-loading unnecessary tasks, and casting the important things onto the Lord, in prayer. If we do so, it may save us from "crashing" in the long run!!

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Elianna & Obadiah
Arad, Israel

Editor's Note: We're proud to announce that after months of development, we've finally finished the Worthy Prayer Team. If you have a prayer request, please let the Prayer Team know.

Editor's Note: We're starting to schedule our Fall/Winter tour. If you would like to us minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyministries.com for more information. 

Friend, if our ministry has blessed you, consider supporting our work online and in Israel! Thank you for your prayers and gifts! Together, we are making a difference for the Kingdom!
Around the World
Tehran Not Open to Negotiating, Despite Economic Straits
US President Trump’s 'maximum pressure policy' against Iran does not seem to be persuading the Islamic Republic to come to the negotiating table.
Turkey Seeks Redress from Russia as Syrian Government Closes in on Last Rebel Stronghold
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan will meet Russian President Vladimir Putin in Moscow Tuesday to protest what he says is a violation of a 2017 de-escalation agreement by Syria.
Russia Is Trying to Sell Turkey Its Own Stealthy New Fighter After U.S. Revoked Access to F-35
President Vladimir Putin showed off Russia’s latest stealth warplane to his Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan, who’s been barred from buying a new U.S. fighter jet in a dispute with Donald Trump over the purchase of a Russian missile system.

Israel-Palestinian Conflict
Netanyahu Expands Israeli Air Campaign Against Iran to Lebanon and Iraq
Israel widened its air campaign against Iran-backed targets across the Middle East over the weekend, pitting itself against Lebanese and Iraqi leaders who have hosted the proxies.
Egypt said to warn Hamas: End rocket fire, avoid Iran-led fight against Israel
Egypt has warned Hamas it will stop mediating truce negotiations with Israel if the Palestinian terror group does not put a lid on rocket fire from the Gaza Strip, the Al-Arabiya news site reported Tuesday.
Report: Alleged Israeli strike in Beirut targeted precision missile infrastructure
The alleged Israeli drone strike on a Hezbollah media center in Beirut over the weekend destroyed precision missile infrastructure set up by the Iran-backed Shiite terrorist group, the British Times reported Tuesday.

Inside the United States
Federal judge partially blocks Missouri abortion ban
A federal judge on Tuesday temporarily blocked an eight-week abortion ban from taking effect in Missouri but will allow another part of the law to move forward that bans abortion on the basis of race, sex, or disability.
CA Christians Say Resolution Condemns Religious Leaders Who Oppose LGBTQ Lifestyles
California lawmakers held a hearing Tuesday on a controversial resolution that some say condemns religious leaders who oppose homosexuality.

Christian News
House Church in Yunnan Raided by the Authorities
House churches across China continue to be harassed by the government during their activities. On August 11, a house church in Yunnan province was raided by the authorities during service. Churchgoers’ cell phones were confiscated and names of members recorded, before they were asked to sign a statement promising that they would never come to this church again.
Muslim Herders Take Christians Hostage and Force Churches to Pay Huge Sums for Their Release, Says Nigerian Pastor
Three Christians have been kidnapped and held for ransom in Kaduna State, Nigeria, since the beginning of August, exposing a tactic employed by Muslim Fulani Herdsmen many say are carrying out genocide against the country’s Christians.
New hope rises from Lebanon’s Bekaa Valley
Heart for Lebanon helps these new believers become disciple-makers. “We have around 600 people in our Bible studies each month [and] we’re running about 300 in our worship services each week, plus Sunday schools,” Atema says.
'Kill them all': Iowa professor resigns after his comments about evangelicals revealed
A professor has resigned from his position over social media posts, where he expressed support for the extreme-left antifa and his hatred for evangelical Christians.

Letters to the Editor

Editor's Note
If you would like to submit a note to the editor, simply hit reply. Be sure to add your name and location!

We're looking for intercessors to pray for our ministry online and in Israel. If you're interested, please send an email to george [@] worthyministries.com.

Friend, help spread WORTHY BRIEFS, now reaching 126 countries daily! Forward this brief to a friend!

IMPORTANT NOTE: To ensure delivery of your Worthy Brief please add worthynewsbrief [@] worthynetwork.com to your address book or approved senders list.

If you're having problems receiving your Worthy Brief, click here!

Follow Us on Facebook
Worthy News
Worthy Devotions
George Whitten
Lazman Hazeh Music

Support our Ministry
Friend, if our ministry has blessed you, consider supporting Worthy Network with a tax-deductible gift! You can give online OR send gifts to:

Worthy Ministries
106 Sheffield Place
Franklin, TN 37067-4437

Please include your email address in the memo section of your check or money order so we can keep in touch a bit easier than sending mail overseas.

This email was sent to <<Email Address>>

unsubscribe from this list | Update Subscription Preferences

Worthy News · 106 Sheffield Place · Franklin, TN 37067-4437 · USA