• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

23 minutes ago, lovethelord said:

Yeshua153,

I never head about Gematria, so I went online to read what the name Christ and Jesus mean.  Would you say these are accurate? I just wondered as I've never been good with math or numbers, which is why I just like reading the Bible but I know there is special significance in numbers in the Bible.

What you put down is english gematria, I'm talking of biblical gematria, which is hebrew of the old testament, & greek of the new testament, you can see how all the numbers link to the letters, if you search 'biblical gematria'.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  183
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

J   E  S  U  S ... ... 4x5x6x6x6 is NOT simple English gematria wherein A B C = 1  2  3 etc.

The following are a few examples of Simple English Gematria:

Was Jesus the Jewish Messiah that was rejected?

JESUS = 74

JEWISH = 74

MESSIAH = 74 ... ... Jesus in Hebrew is Y'shua ... and in Greek ... Joshua

Y'SHUA = 74

JOSHUA = 74  ... ... did Jesus die on the cross, preach the gospel, speak in parables?

CROSS = 74

GOSPEL = 74

PARABLES = 74 ... ... the above examples are of Simple English Gematria.

SIMPLE = 74

ENGLISH = 74

GEMATRIA = 74

The writing on the wall by the "Hand of God" was "mene mene" which means ... number number.

MENE MENE = 74

HAND OF GOD = 74

ccc

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,395
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

My research suggests you're correct with Christmas and Easter being pagan in origin. What about the concept of turning evil into good? A person could pick about any day of the year that a pagan or occult practice or ritual occurred. Calendars have changed and historical accuracy has been lost and which calendar is more accurate; would you think Jesus would object that we picked special days to remember and celebrate His birth, mission, death and resurrection; or even sing Happy Birthday to Him? 

Gematria: The Lord is the Master Mathematician, much can be gleaned with biblical numerology, and numbers in the Bible have great significance as we all know. In biblical mathematics it appears the number six represents weakness of man, evils of Satan and manifestation of sin. The number sixty-six; idol worship, and six hundred and sixty-six the number of the son of Perdition, man of sin, the Antichrist. This 666 could be a preamble, title and/or a persons name, many have abused gematria to associate that number with a variety of historical people and failed miserably. 

It's clear no one will know for sure whom the Antichrist is until he is reveled, it's clear to me exactly when that reveling occurs. I personally suspect; let them count the number of his name, would be a secondary means to validate that in fact, he is the Antichrist.

Just a single thought out of hundreds...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, canada said:

The following are a few examples of Simple English GematriaWas Jesus the Jewish Messiah that was rejected?

JESUS = 74 JEWISH = 74 MESSIAH = 74 ... ... Jesus in Hebrew is Y'shua ... and in Greek ... Joshua Y'SHUA = 74 JOSHUA = 74  ... ... did Jesus die on the cross, preach the gospel, speak in parables? CROSS = 74 GOSPEL = 74 PARABLES = 74 ... ... the above examples are of Simple English Gematria. SIMPLE = 74 ENGLISH = 74 GEMATRIA = 74 The writing on the wall by the "Hand of God" was "mene mene" which means ... number number. MENE MENE = 74 HAND OF GOD = 74 ccc

I was curious and wrote some quick code to scan a dictionary of about 90,000 entries.  I found almost 1000 words and names in English whose values (using A=1, B=2, C=3, etc) add up to 74.

Here are some of them:  Lucifer, abominable, accursed, beauty, brutal, error, fiendish, horns, indecent, occult, and proud. 

Abraham adds up to 44 as do:  faith, hope, oath, decreed, elder, and Judah.  I just generated a list of about 400 words adding up to 44 and picked which ones had anything to do with Abraham (with Judah being a great grandson) and just ignored the rest.

This type of gematria ends up being little more than selecting some group of words by a numerical criteria and then picking and choosing from them to produce what one hopes to see.  Most of the hundreds of English words adding up to 74 or 44 have little to do with anything in the Bible.  

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Brilliant! 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  183
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

• All the examples I quoted ... DO have something to do with the Bible.
  • He was "numbered" with the transgressors.  Isaiah 53:12, Mark 15:28.

LUCIFER = 74

MUHAMMAD = 74

JESUS = 74

The victors over the image, mark and number of the beast sing a "new song".

David is "the key" to the understanding of the Book of Revelation. 

THE KEY = 74

73 of the psalms are attributed to David, if he wrote a new song about Jesus it would be song number 74.  There are 150 songs in the Book of Psalms. If David wrote a new song about Jesus Christ it would bring the total to 151

JESUS CHRIST = 151

• 4 weeks later...

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  178
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  07/07/1977

On 8/30/2019 at 8:38 PM, canada said:
  • He was "numbered" with the transgressors.  Isaiah 53:12, Mark 15:28.

LUCIFER = 74

MUHAMMAD = 74

JESUS = 74

Hi Canada,

Yes, I thought the same thing, discovering this as well.

LUCIFER - the spirit of antichrist

MUHAMMAD - the false prophet

Certainly they are the top two transgressors!

Ed J

Edited by Ed J
Spelling

As far as Gematria's certainty in the bible,

one needs to look no farther then rev 13:18

ωδε η σοφια εστιν ο εχων τον νουν ψηφισατω τον αριθμον του θηριου αριθμος γαρ ανθρωπου εστιν και ο αριθμος αυτου χξς

χξς = 600, 60, 6

"Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six." (Rev 13:18)

Ed J

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

Bullinger wrote an excellent book called, ''Numbers in Scripture,'' ...he points out that 5 is the number of Grace, ...here in Tahiti, Jesus created so many different varieties of native flowers with 5 petals, ...that's that's one reason I pray without ceasing, for Farther to remember Tahiti and in His Mercy and Grace, ...and send one last Revival to Tahiti, ...because He has already written Grace all over this island.

Lord bless 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 8/30/2019 at 8:38 PM, canada said:
  • All the examples I quoted ... DO have something to do with the Bible.

JESUS = 74

Hi Canada,

Here is something very interesting...

"And Pilate wrote a title, and put it on the cross. And the writing was, JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS." (John 19:19)

Look a little closer at what is in all caps...

JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS =373

373 is the 74th prime number, this sure is interesting

Edited by Ed J

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

I love how numbers are thrown around yet where do these numbers actually come from. I cannot find anywhere where God specifically gives us a number code. Absolutely no where. So what this comes down to, and every gematria believer denies this, that these numbers are derived by man for the sole purpose to try and figure out some deeper meaning of God's Word. They assume that these numbers are accurate because they were created by 'spiritual people'. Instead of focusing on numbers why can't we just focus on the actually words of God and learn to put those into practice. 

• Thumbs Up 1