• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hello everyone,

I recently started highschool in Europe (The system works differently here so if any confusion, this is why. Also when you exit grade 9 you get into 3 years of high school). Anyways, you get to choose your top three schools.  So time passed and I got into my second choice, it isn't too bad a school but you know... first one would have been better. 

Today I got a call from my first choice school and they offered me a seat.

Now the question is : What is gods will for me? That I stay in my current school or that I switch? Also keep in mind that I have been praying to get in to my first choice. But know, I don't know if its a test or if its really gods will for me to go to my first choice. 

How do I know what god wants for me? IS this his way of saying that I should start my first choice?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  788
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

What do your parents think? Since you are underage, it will be their decision, not yours.

But assuming that they will take your wishes into account, if you have been praying for something and God gives it to you, then accept it! He doesn't play mind games with us.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

Shalom @Peteros

So you prayed to get in the first school and then they called you saying you got in? You have to ask yourself why you prayed for it in the first place if you were only going to doubt the answer as a test. :)

But let's look at the matter objectively for a moment. Let's say the first school called you up tomorrow and said "we made a mistake, you don't have a seat!" how would you feel? 

A) relieved, okay

B) disappointed, gutted

If you would feel 'A', I would say stay with the second school. If you would feel 'B', then go with the first school. 

Sometimes we don't know how to make a decision until an option is taken away. 

But onto Yahweh testing you now, let's consider this.  Would a good, kind father hear a request from his son and use it as an opportunity to test him? No, not likely. So how can we think this of our perfectly kind, loving, merciful and gracious Father - who has encouraged us to ask of Him things in the Messiah's name.

Now, you will be tested in your life, many times, but it's highly unlikely that you'll notice it until AFTER it happens. Yahweh's thoughts and methods are higher than ours and so He will test us in ways that we cannot detect beforehand, so that He can see what's really in our hearts. Therefore, the chances are that if you are guessing it's a test, it's probably not!

I hope this helps in some way brother. Stay in prayer and in His Word as much as you can. You will hear His voice by doing this. 

Love & Shalom 

1 hour ago, Deborah_ said:

What do your parents think? Since you are underage, it will be their decision, not yours.

But assuming that they will take your wishes into account, if you have been praying for something and God gives it to you, then accept it! He doesn't play mind games with us.

It's a bit complicated because I need to judge both schools to see which one I like and which one I think is best for me. They support me no matter what. 

'But ultimately, it's upto God or God's will' is the kind of thing I am looking to find the answer for.

1 hour ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Shalom @Peteros

So you prayed to get in the first school and then they called you saying you got in? You have to ask yourself why you prayed for it in the first place if you were only going to doubt the answer as a test. :)

But let's look at the matter objectively for a moment. Let's say the first school called you up tomorrow and said "we made a mistake, you don't have a seat!" how would you feel? 

A) relieved, okay

B) disappointed, gutted

If you would feel 'A', I would say stay with the second school. If you would feel 'B', then go with the first school. 

Sometimes we don't know how to make a decision until an option is taken away. 

But onto Yahweh testing you now, let's consider this.  Would a good, kind father hear a request from his son and use it as an opportunity to test him? No, not likely. So how can we think this of our perfectly kind, loving, merciful and gracious Father - who has encouraged us to ask of Him things in the Messiah's name.

Now, you will be tested in your life, many times, but it's highly unlikely that you'll notice it until AFTER it happens. Yahweh's thoughts and methods are higher than ours and so He will test us in ways that we cannot detect beforehand, so that He can see what's really in our hearts. Therefore, the chances are that if you are guessing it's a test, it's probably not!

I hope this helps in some way brother. Stay in prayer and in His Word as much as you can. You will hear His voice by doing this. 

Love & Shalom 

Thank you for this, I understand this and can it has reassured me what I should do.

As tomorrow is a trial day for me at my new school I will see if I like it, and pray about it. Then I will let the new school know most probably by that evening. 

• Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

28 minutes ago, Peteros said:

As tomorrow is a trial day for me at my new school I will see if I like it, and pray about it. Then I will let the new school know most probably by that evening. 

A wise decision brother. :thumbs_up:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

2 hours ago, Peteros said:

Now the question is : What is gods will for me? That I stay in my current school or that I switch? Also keep in mind that I have been praying to get in to my first choice. But know, I don't know if its a test or if its really gods will for me to go to my first choice. 

This would be a good indication. I'd say roll with it. 

2 hours ago, Peteros said:

How do I know what god wants for me? IS this his way of saying that I should start my first choice?

You did pray for this, right? The Lord is still in the business of answering prayer. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

Peteros,

This seems like a pretty clear sign to me. But it's your life and decision. Trust God to direct it.

1 Corinthians 14:33, "For God is not a God of confusion but of peace."

• 10 months later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 8/28/2019 at 6:36 PM, Peteros said:

Hello everyone,

I recently started highschool in Europe (The system works differently here so if any confusion, this is why. Also when you exit grade 9 you get into 3 years of high school). Anyways, you get to choose your top three schools.  So time passed and I got into my second choice, it isn't too bad a school but you know... first one would have been better. 

Today I got a call from my first choice school and they offered me a seat.

It seems God wants you to enjoy the first school. I think personally you will know Gods will through prayer and speaking to you pastor about what you want from life.