I struggle with assurance of salvation

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Jesus died for sinners. If you are a child of God. This you know for sure. It is the devil causing doubt this is what he does. Read the scriptures renew you mind replace the old doubting thoughts with the Word of God. This two verses (there are many more) assure us that once God make us known to Him nothing can change that. Are salvation is assured.  The Holy Spirit is our seal and our teacher.

John 10:27-29

“John My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.”

Ephesians 1:13-14

And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory

Your mind is full of worldly thought that work on impulses. If we don’t replace them with the study and meditation of the Word. It will rule us.

In Closing I leave you with this

Roman 12:2 “Do not conform to the pattern of this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

I will follow you and pray for you.

Lord Jesus watch over  adoptedwatcher and give her a great desire for your Word in the name of Jesus.

Edited by theologyofone
typo
  • Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, adoptedwatcher said:

Hello everyone! For years I have been wrestling with this doubt. Every now and then I wonder if I am actually saved. I accepted Christ as a little girl, but years since then my family has not been to church for one reason or another. Also different things have happened since my acceptance, good and bad. I struggle with certain sins and with making a habit out of reading the Bible often. I need help to just believe as I did when I was younger. Is there anything I can do to get to that point and stay there?

If you are the kind of person who's level of assurance in salvation relies upon their personal feelings or being worthy of salvation then you need to totally cast away this false mindset... Christians are saved because they believe Jesus and Trust ( have Faith) in the Atonement Jesus secured for their salvation when He was executed on the cross.... 

Belief and Faith are the keys to salvation not personal worthiness..

No one is worthy of the loving gift of salvation Jesus is offering us.. No One.

• Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

12 hours ago, adoptedwatcher said:

Hello everyone! For years I have been wrestling with this doubt. Every now and then I wonder if I am actually saved. I accepted Christ as a little girl, but years since then my family has not been to church for one reason or another. Also different things have happened since my acceptance, good and bad. I struggle with certain sins and with making a habit out of reading the Bible often. I need help to just believe as I did when I was younger. Is there anything I can do to get to that point and stay there?

Let me put it a different way.

You meet a guy who wears a 'red socks' () thats right ? ) scarve and talking to him he claims to be a fan, yet he doesn't go to games, knows nothing about the team, or even about the game.

Is he a fan?

You say you are a Christian, ok which church do you attend every Sunday. You are an adult so can attend church.

That you are concerned about sin is a health sign.

Reading the bible, make it a habit, wake up, put the light on and pick it up and read it, even if you read it on the toilet, read it.

Help to believe, believe what? How do you answer the question 'Why do you claim you are a Christian?

What evidence would you offer for the historical accuracy of Christianity?

Try web sites like coldcasechristianity, answersingenesis or if clever, reasonablefaith or winteryknight.

Never accept stupid answers like, 'only believe', or 'just have faith' ask for the evidence and the reason for believing.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 8/28/2019 at 11:31 AM, adoptedwatcher said:

I think there is something most people don't understand about salvation. The Lord wants us to repent of our sin. If we don't, we might suffer a good deal. Once we repent, the suffering goes away. I believe that is what salvation really is. That isn't to say that the Lord didn't die on the cross to save us from our sin - he most certainly did.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

On 8/28/2019 at 2:31 PM, adoptedwatcher said:

Do you believe that Jesus Christ is your lord and savior?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

On 8/28/2019 at 2:31 PM, adoptedwatcher said:

The fact that you struggle, are tenderhearted, and reading the Word are indicators that you are in a better place than if you didn't. Sometimes I think to myself that everyone else has it all together but me. But I dare say, if we were honest, that every single person in the world says the same thing. The fact is no one has it better than anyone else. We are all struggling; we all doubt. Do you remember what John the Baptist said in prison? Matthew 11:3 (NIV)
"Are you the one who was to come, or should we expect someone else?" Did not Jesus say that of a man born of a woman, John the Baptist was the greatest, yet even he doubted. What about Thomas the Doubter, who had to visibly see the marks on Jesus in order to believe? Or the father of the child he brought to Jesus, who said, "I believe. Will you help me with my unbelief"?

You said, "I need help to just believe as I did when I was younger." Jesus tells us to do what we did at first, when we first believed. I am right there with you sister. Jesus wants us to be in contention with who we were, and who we are becoming. We fall, we get back up, straighten our tie, brush ourselves off, and keep going for the prize. 

We all sin. But scolding ourselves only makes us sin more. Rather, love Jesus and tell others what he has done for you. When you sing his praises, and shout his Name, and be like Him, the irony is that you discover just how much he loves you. His arms stretch out to infinity; that is how much he loves us.

• 8 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 8/28/2019 at 7:31 PM, adoptedwatcher said:

Assurance comes through knowledge and action of the word.