Tampered With

“Who is Israel?”

On 8/31/2019 at 3:59 PM, Tampered With said:

G_d is referred to as the G_d of Israel over 200 times in the Bible

Correct, and that "Israel" is Jesus Christ.

YisraelFrom the Hebrew name יִשְׂרָאֵל (Yisra'el) meaning "God contends", from the roots שָׂרָה (sarah) meaning "to contend, to fight" and אֵל ('el) meaning "God". ... The ancient and modern states of Israel took their names from him. What do you really know about the complete history of Israel from Abraham to today? Without Israel there would have been no Christianity.

The Jews' link with the land of Israel - https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/the-bible-on-jewish-links-to-the-holy-land

I would remind gentile Christians of Jesus's own words. Matthew Chapter 15: 22-28

22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.

23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.

24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.

26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.

27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.

28 Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.

Yeshua was of course testing her faith for He knew His message was for everyone however today too many arrogant church members reject Jews as unfit for salvation just as Paul warned about in Romans Chapter 11. If Jews in Yeshua's time had not in mass rejected Him and demanded he be crucified there would have been no blood sacrifice for mankind's sins and salvation for gentiles. We gentiles are grafted into the root of David's linage by our savior's sacrifice. We should be more humble and thankful as a group and not prideful or boastful over the Jews.

2 Timothy 2:15 King James Version (KJV)

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Edited by Tampered With

Jesus is Israel (Matthew 2:13-15; Hosea 11:1; his children are his disciples; Hebrews 2:13; Isaiah 8:16,18; John 13:33), the true "overcomer" (John 16:33; Revelation 3:21), the real "Prince" with God (Isaiah 9:6; Daniel 8:11,25, 9:25, 10:13,21, 11:22, 12:1; Acts 3:15, 5:31; Revelation 1:5), being Lord over His own house, whose house are we (Psalms 98:3; Hebrews 3:6; Jeremiah 31:33), who himself is the "elect" (Isaiah 42:1; Matthew 12:18; 1 Peter 2:6) of the Father, in whom all the promises of God find their realization (2 Corinthians 1:20). The promises made by God were all based upon condition (Exodus 19).

Mat 2:13-15; Hos 11:1; Jer 31:33; Rom 9:6-8; Heb 2:13; Isa 8:16,18; Jhn 13:33, 16:33, 17:12, 18:9, 21:5; 1 Cor 15:46; 2 Cor 1:20; Gal 6:16; Heb 3:6, 8:8,10; Rev 3:21

'Israel' after the flesh, as a 'nation', is left desolate (Matthew 23:38; Luke 13:35), to bear no more fruit ever again (Matthew 21:19), cursed, withered away (Mark 11:21), dried up from the roots (Mark 11:20), "twice dead" (Jude 1:12), and the axe already laid at their root (Matthew 3:10; Luke 3:9), cut down and to be thrown into the fire.

During a discussion with a non-messianic Rabbi, I was prompted by the Spirit to grant his premise that Israel is the suffering servant of Isaiah 53 (the passage which the discussion was about).

The good Rabbi was delighted that a Christian could see Isaiah 53 is not about Jesus dying on the cross.

"Hold on a minute," I told him. "Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. I agree the suffering servant is Israel.

but WHICH Israel does it refer to?"

He was puzzled by this.

There is Israel the patriarch (Jacob), Israel the northern kingdom, Israel the children of Jacob, Israel the modern State...

plus one more... the Messiah.

He followed me up to that point and said it was quite a stretch to say Israel is the Messiah.

I broke the name Israel down to its basic parts...

Ish

sarar

elohiym

He is the Prince of God.

And the ultimate Prince of God would be none other than...?

He was shaken as I recall.

People imposing human translations upon scripture diluting what it says and what it means is as old as the hills.

This is why I warn present day Christians about it happening now.

2 Peter 1:20-21 it's God's story, let him tell it.

As the "end times" approach us the eyes of G_d are focused more of the physical state of Israel as the same source of evil that motivated the Nazi's seeks to raise up forces to try to once again destroy the Jews especially those that reside in the State of Israel for they represent a threat to fulfill the promises of G_d as prophesied in Scripture and this threatens Evil in my opinion.

Book:

When A Jew Rules the World: What the Bible Really Says about Israel in the Plan of God - by Joel Richardson

There’s only one conclusion you can draw by taking the prophecies of the Bible literally, says New York Times bestselling author Joel Richardson. Someday soon, a Jew named Yeshua – or Jesus, as he’s known in the West – will rule the world from Jerusalem.

In his new book, When a Jew Rules the World, Richardson paints a picture of what that one-thousand-year reign will be like, along the way blow-torching the notion that gentile Christians have "replaced" the Jews and Israel as the people of promise. Richardson lays out the tragic history of anti-Semitism within the church from the very beginning in what may be the most thorough repudiation of what has become known as “Replacement Theology,” or, as Richardson calls it, “Supersessionism.”

Joseph Farah, founder of WND.com, calls When a Jew Rules the World “one of the most important books of our time – a chance for Christians to rediscover their true identity as fellow heirs of promise with the House of Israel, the wild olive branches grafted into the tree of the Abrahamic Covenant. Paul explained how we are grafted into that tree. The tree is not dead. It hasn’t been uprooted. It’s still very much alive, as Richardson so masterfully demonstrates through scripture.”

Chuck Missler praises When a Jew Rules the World, calling the book, “A must read for the serious Christian.” 

The Israel of God: Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow 

by  O. Palmer Robertson 

Robertson offers a look at the questions: "Who is the Israel of God today?" and "What is their relationship to the Promised Land, and to Israel's worship, lifestyle, and future?"

The Israel Bible (Hebrew and English Edition) 

by Tuly Weisz

The Israel Bible is the world's first Bible centered around the Land of Israel, the People of Israel, and the dynamic relationship between them. Designed for both Jewish and non-Jewish readers alike, The Israel Bible offers a unique commentary that seeks to explain God's focus on the Land of Israel alongside the original Hebrew text and the New Jewish Publication Society translation. All 929 chapters highlight verses that relate to Israel, including relevant quotes and perspectives from prime ministers, as well as abundant maps, charts, and illustrations. In the 70 years since the modern rebirth of the State of Israel, the Jewish State has been at the forefront of the world's attention. Today, there are countless efforts to vilify the Jewish state. Yet, there is also an ever-expanding movement of biblical Zionists who stand alongside the nation of Israel as an expression of their commitment to God's eternal word. As we seek to understand the clash between these two conflicting ideologies, while seeking to make sense of the modern world s great interest in Israel, the need for The Israel Bible has never been so timely or important.