Was it my fault?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

A couple years ago my grandmother had a deadly illness which she died to. Now here's where the main issue is. At one point I made a deal or vow that if a committed a certain sin then my grandmother could die and nothing i said could take this back. I was around 13 at the time and thought that there was no way I would commit the sin if I put my grandmother on it. Eventually i broke the promise and asked god to forget what I said about there being no way to take the deal off. My grandmother passed away from the disease about 2 or 3 months after. Do you think I caused her death? I feel very guilty for all the pain I caused if it was in fact my fault and I feel horrible.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Welcome to Worthy, Sorry.  No I don't think it was your fault.  We are told not to make vows like this, but I made one as well when I was about that age and asked God to forgive me of it because I didn't know we weren't supposed to make foolish vows like that.  I believe God has forgiven me.   However, we are supposed to learn from our mistakes and not do things like that in the future.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Was it my fault?

1 hour ago, Sorry276 said:

Do you think I caused her death?

Hi @Sorry276, 

No you didn't. And I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother's passing as well. Attempts at making deals or vows unto Got usually don't turn out like we'd hoped they would. It's along the lines of playing with God, and the Lord typically doesn't work that way. But He has neither abandoned. His ultimate plan for her, was to promote her to Heaven. I hope you can begin to see it in this manner. The Lord is ever faithful! 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, Sorry276 said:

A couple years ago my grandmother had a deadly illness which she died to. Now here's where the main issue is. At one point I made a deal or vow that if a committed a certain sin then my grandmother could die and nothing i said could take this back. I was around 13 at the time and thought that there was no way I would commit the sin if I put my grandmother on it. Eventually i broke the promise and asked god to forget what I said about there being no way to take the deal off. My grandmother passed away from the disease about 2 or 3 months after. Do you think I caused her death? I feel very guilty for all the pain I caused if it was in fact my fault and I feel horrible.

No, you did not cause the death. It was God's plan for your grandmother to die. OCD can often make a person feel like they have caused a person's death or illness. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,299
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

4 hours ago, Sorry276 said:

At one point I made a deal or vow that if a committed a certain sin then my grandmother could die and nothing i said could take this back.

Do you think I caused her death?

I feel very guilty for all the pain I caused if it was in fact my fault and I feel horrible.

God does not make bargins with us.

You may think you made a deal with God, but God did not make one with you.

This is 100 times certain as your deal was to commit sin and God will not contemplait sin.

What God wants from all of us is total submission, obedience. He doesn't accept our saying, I'll give you Sunday morning and the rest of the week I live as I want. It is All to be lived according to the 10 commandments.

So grieve for your Grandmother and seek God in your life.

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,017
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,296
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

No, your grandmother's death was not your fault.   As others have mentioned, don't make any more vows like this.   Ask forgiveness and receive forgiveness.   Don't worry any longer over this.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

7 hours ago, Sorry276 said:

Ahh. Seems to me the adversary has got you just where he wants you. Squirming about something that has nothing to do with you. It is the way this nasty personality works. See it for what it is. A very nasty trick played on a young mind. Yours.

There is not one iota of truth in this. Not a tiny little bit. Not the slightest wisp of anything but a bunch of lies to tie you in knots. Believe in the Lord Yeshua/Jesus. Confess REAL (not imagined) sins, and move on. He will take your burdens and free you from any 'vain imaginings'. 

Put it behind you into the Hands of God. Live Free and be BLESSED in the Lord Who delivers us from ALL evil.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

Hi there to you Sorry, but know that we're not "sorry" you joined us here, live free in Jesus' forgiveness, God bless.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,819
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

7 hours ago, Who me said:

God does not make bargins with us.

You may think you made a deal with God, but God did not make one with you.

…..and there it is.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

12 hours ago, Sorry276 said:

No, I don't think something a child said at 13 God used to kill your relative. But I do know trusting in Jesus gives eternal life and can help relieve your guilt.